• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your GAF cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
check steam gaf
check OT
check steam gaf
check OT community
check gaming
check steam gaf

repeat about 100 a day.

1. Check gaming.
2. Search my name to see if anyone replied to something I said.
3. Wait 30 seconds and go into my post history to check threads I was posting in.
4. If gaming side is boring I might come check OT

Sinfamy

>2:00 A.M.
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
Check OT
Check GD
<6:00 A.M.

RetroMG

1. Subscribed Threads that I'm actively reading. (Currently Destiny OT, Metal Gear Community Thread and GameGrumps OT)
2. Check gaming side
3. Check OT
4. Other threads that I'm subscribed to but don't read as often. (Funny Pics, Awesome Fan-Art, Doctor Who, etc.)
5. Reddit

Lautaro

1. Check Gaming, be disappointed there's no Fallout news, make some irrelevant comment in a list thread.
2. Post something in the indie dev thread
make some stealth promoting pls dont ban me
3. Check OT, get dragged into some silly fight.
4. Be disgusted at myself for wasting my life on a fucking forum.
5. Lurk more in OT, get angry at problems that don't affect me and at people that I'll never meet.
6. Realize that I have to do something with my life, work a few hours.
7. Get tired or demoralized, go back to point 1.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
"Your Posts"
Off Topic
Off Topic community

From there it varies, maybe Subscriptions, maybe the 5th page of OT and work back, maybe Gaming.

besada

Banned
Check subscriptions:

Open interesting ones in tabs
Read through new tabs
Maybe post

Check OT:

Open interesting ones in tabs
Read through tabs
Maybe post

Open Gaming:

Recoil in horror
Force myself to open several tabs
Recoil further in horror
Post if I feel an absolute need

Coolluck

I get on GAF primarily at work and when watching something with a low level of engagement like right now. Slowish days at work are the worst. They're not slow enough for me to actually do something more productive like study or read, but they're too slow to have enough fresh content for me. I end up refreshing the page on some decent threads and then venturing into POP-GAF and getting sad.

HUELEN10

Part of my "GAF cycle" involves time off GAF, working on threads (sometimes, working weeks on them; I have something very special related to Star Trek's 50th for next year that I have been working on for some time now). Heck, I am working on a gaming thread right now.
nefiR5Q.jpg
We'll see if it goes anywhere. If the thread is good content-wise, follows the TOS, and seems good to post, I'll post it. If not, I will re-assess it or discard it. As far as time on GAF is concerned, I immediately check the 3 most dear community threads to me, hit up gaming, and then check the OT; gaming always comes first, this is GAF after all.

Then, I check and send PMs. After that, I just browse threads that seem to be about a topic I'm interested in.

Booshka

ya'll forgot to Search your own Quotes, that's super douchey GAF routine.

I click on Subs first, go through most of those, then check OT/Gaming, depending on what I am in the mood for. Check Subs again, rinse/repeat. I also try to post in any and all Dark Souls 1 threads. Cuz that's my game.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Part of my "GAF cycle" involves time off GAF, working on threads (sometimes, working weeks on them; I have something very special related to Star Trek's 50th for next year that I have been working on for some time now). Heck, I am working on a gaming thread right now.

We'll see if it goes anywhere. If the thread is good content-wise, follows the TOS, and seems good to post, I'll post it. If not, I will re-assess it or discard it. As far as time on GAF is concerned, I immediately check the 3 most dear community threads to me, hit up gaming, and then check the OT; gaming always comes first, this is GAF after all.

Then, I check and send PMs. After that, I just browse threads that seem to be about a topic I'm interested in.

Are you the guy that everyone piled on for posting a giant post about a tangential topic that came up in a thread, that you'd been working on for months or years or something in the anticipation of it coming up on some forum somewhere?

HUELEN10

Are you the guy that everyone piled on for posting a giant post about a tangential topic that came up in a thread, that you'd been working on for months or years or something in the anticipation of it coming up on some forum somewhere?
Not to my knowledge. What I meant with my post in this thread is that sometimes I have ideas for game-related threads, but it takes time to fully flesh them out, and since they are good ideas, I don't want to half-ass them. Sometimes it goes for off-topic too. For example, I am working on a thread about extensions, plugins, tweaks, and widgets (I even asked some mods for advice on it and about titles), but I want to make it good and regularly updated, so I am still working on it; I dot want to half-ass it and want to bring something to the table that can benefit the community and get evryone who wishes involved.

Blablurn

It used to be Footy GAF but since some people decided to close it I'm just wandering from thread to thread. Like a ghost.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It used to be Footy GAF but since some people decided to close it I'm just wandering from thread to thread. Like a ghost.

NFLGAF is always open in the meantime.

For me:

1.) Go to NFLGAF
2.) Warn NFLGAF about the impending Restoration of the Roar and why the Detroit Lions will inevitably win a Super Bowl in the next few years. It'll be this year IMO.
3.) Go to Off Topic and see what's going on in the world
4.) Post here and there
5.) Gaming side briefly to see what's going on in the industry
6.) Go back to Off Topic Community and browse various threads - GAFHOP, Netflix, NBAOT etc.

Go back to Step 2.

Rinse and repeat every single day.

Dennis

Banned
I don't use Subscriptions. That would just seem like browsing GAF in Easy Mode and I ain't about that casual.

Coolwhip

Banned
I mainly check OT for the rare interesting topic.

I sometimes check gaming if I want to cringe. Some of the dudes there take gaming very serious.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
1. check subs
2. check gaming side
3. middle click every interesting thread on the first page
4. check off topic
5. middle click every interesting thread on the first page
6. Begin reading through my 15+ tabs

Occasionally I'll make a reply on the wrong thread because I'll tend to open the reply with middle click for some reason. I posted this minor rant about kushala daora farming in The Revelations 2 OT when I meant to post it in the MH4U OT a while back. Thankfully I caught it before anyone noticed.

I ended up changing my post in the rer2 thread to something like "I'm having fun with raid mode".

Resilient

I honestly don't even know anymore

It's like, do something productive, ok it has been 2 minutes now let's refresh Gaming Side omg wtf is this thread, ok that's enough back to being productive, ok it's been 5 seconds time to check OT oh jesus is that a penis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom