• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

jayu26

I'm pretty sure that when they renewed CoD deal it was for multiple years, not for just two years. Then again, what do I know.

I don't understand why Sony would lay money on the table for both Battlefront and Black Ops 3, two similar games probably coming out 1 or 2 weeks apart. CoD is also so much associated with Xbox at this stage that I wonder if it would really benefit Sony in any way. But who knows...

The more marketing they get the less MS has, the more users they attract, the more PS4 they sell. Makes sense.

Fallout 4 confirmed Xbone exclusive?

It's probably more likely that MS has marketing/exclusive stuff with Fallout at this point, given everything we know.

Doubt Fallout would have anything more exclusivity wise, timed or otherwise, given Bethesda has its own conference.

M.D

It's probably more likely that MS has marketing/exclusive stuff with Fallout at this point, given everything we know.

Doubt Fallout would have anything more exclusivity wise, timed or otherwise, given Bethesda has its own conference.
What do we know?

What do we know?

Oh, I was just speaking generally. Bethesda has their own conference, which would strongly hint away from any sort of timed or exclusivity deal for Fallout because otherwise, you would probably debut that at MS's own conference. Now we know Sony has BF marketing and they might have CoD too. MS probably wouldn't give up the latter simply for nothing.

And of course, Major Nelson is looking forward to Bethesda's conference the most.

Welfare

Actually with no CoD marketing, MS will probably put even more eggs into the Halo 5 marketing basket. Go all in with that.

Welfare

That and Tomb Raider.

Xbox is also marketing The Division.

I don't think those 2 are really going to be worth it against CoD and Battlefront marketing. Sony is apparently going to be marketing 2 massive FPS's, while MS will only have Halo 5. MS are going to have to make sure FPS fans come to Xbox.

Division and Tomb Raider just seem small right now imo.

E3 will certainly be interesting.

I don't think those 2 are really going to be worth it against CoD and Battlefront marketing. Sony is apparently going to be marketing 2 massive FPS's, while MS will only have Halo 5. MS are going to have to make sure FPS fans come to Xbox.

Division and Tomb Raider just seem small right now imo.

E3 will certainly be interesting.

Well Tomb Raider is an exclusive game, rather than just marketing. They'll have Gears Remaster or Collection something this holiday too, all their big franchises will have something out

Bsigg12

Marketing deals are usually multiyear deals. So MS probably has AC marketing this year and many years to come.

Good point.

I wonder what the chances are of a Fallout 4 announcement and release in the same year are. It seems like that game should almost be ready for primetime. Guess we'll see in June.

As for CoD, we'll see in 8 days who has marketing rights, though it is looking like Sony picked them up.

Good lord I have to reign in how emphatic I sound about stuff. I heard the same thing as Chobel but it's totally grain of salt. The guy I heard it from said its install base related. Again take it as a rumor I apologize for how confident that sounded

Well think about it guys, If Sony got Destiny marketing wouldn't it makes sense they got CoD marketing too, since they both from Activision?

Edit: Multiyear contracts and all.

Well think about it guys, If Sony got Destiny marketing wouldn't it makes sense they got CoD marketing too, since they both from Activision?

Usually they spread their games between both platform holders, or at least it seems like they generally do it. Activision going all in with Sony it seems

Bsigg12

If you're Activision wouldn't you want both companies giving you money for different products? The game will sell regardless but if Microsoft is willing to pay for a bunch of marketing why wouldn't you want that while Sony keeps pushing Destiny?

Welfare

I wonder.

If CoD is with Playstation, what if MS also lost the Madden deal? It seems Acti and EA are trying to get on Sony's good side.

It would also explain Joe Montana's game possibly being Xbox (and PC) exclusive.

I wonder.

If CoD is with Playstation, what if MS also lost the Madden deal? It seems Acti and EA are trying to get on Sony's good side.

It would also explain Joe Montana's game possibly being Xbox (and PC) exclusive.

Didn't Madden end up selling more on PS4 last year despite the marketing deal? That might end up being a factor too.

sense

If you're Activision wouldn't you want both companies giving you money for different products? The game will sell regardless but if Microsoft is willing to pay for a bunch of marketing why wouldn't you want that while Sony keeps pushing Destiny?
Maybe MS has enough in their hands to market and feel they got most of the cod fanbase on its platform already. Some sort of Gears game rumored , AC victory, halo, forza and tomb raider, division but likely delayed

Chobel

I wonder.

No way MS is gonna lose CoD and Madden/FIFA, this will be a huge loss. Plus EA loves money, and MS has a lot of it.

Chobel, are you sure you're not doing this because of your new tag? :p

Shhh, don't expose my plan. I want more people betting and getting tagged.

I wonder.

I think the Joe Montana game would have happened either way (if its coming), it does make sense for MS to try and double down on a game like that in the US

Top Bottom