• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony:

God of War 4
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon
Level 5 JRPG
Uncharted 4 demo
Final Fantasy XII HD
Uncharted Collection
Sony Bend new IP
Ratchet & Clank "Reimagining" demo
Street Fighter V gameplay
Deus Ex
Black Ops 3 demo
Battlefront + bundle
Metal Gear Solid V + bundle
Destiny DLC
Batman: Arkham Knight demo
Rainbow Six: Siege
NBA 2K16
No Man's Sky

Microsoft:

Tomb Raider demo
Gears of War 4
Banjo Threeie
Scalebound gameplay
Crackdown gameplay
Halo 5 single player demo
More on Quantum Break
Gears Collection
Alan Wake remaster
Lionhead new IP
Something State of Decay related
Mass Effect 4
Fallout 4 + bundle
The Division demo
AC Victory demo + bundle
FIFA 16
Madden 16 + bundle
Below
Elite: Dangerous

Nintendo:

Metroid (plz)
SMT x Fire Emblem

KiTA

My prediction:

No Dragon Quest, outside of MAYBE Dragon Quest Heroes.

(Although maybe Final Fanasy Record Keeper will make them consider Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light.)

ok I will; make a prediction.. ta da!!

and its based on past history with said company [BGS]
Microsoft gets the marketing deal for Fallout 4
they have done the DLC first for Xbox in the past

images

oh and I believe DLC will be timed not the game itself

Kssio_Aug

All I need is Gears of War Collection and Battletoads announcement. Then Halo 5 BTB and campaing gameplay footage and Scalebound gameplay footage. Some news on Phantom Dust / Crackdown 3 / Quantum Break. And an american release date for Persona 5.

stryke

images

That's an interesting youtube channel to subscribe to.

Montresor

My dream, as always:

Nintendo Direct: Nintendo announces they will be abolishing Nintendo Directs. "We are sorry, Nintendo fans, we are abolishing Nintendo Directs". And then Iwata says Nintendo is dissolving and assets will be split equally between Microsoft and Sony.

Microsoft gets Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Kirby, etc... Microsoft announces that Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask will be released in 900p 60fps this holiday season exclusively on XB1 with 1000 gamerscore a piece.

Sony gets Mario (along with all Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc...), Fire Emblem, Pikmin, etc... Sony announces that Mario Galaxy 1 and Mario Galaxy 2 will be released this holiday season exclusively on PS4 in 1080p 60fps (with no AF) this holiday season with one platinum a piece.

Iwata ends the Nintendo Direct by saying "Please view Microsoft and Sony E3 conferences later today for all our new games".

OranSky

Banned
^^^ Well um...that's one interesting dream all right...
i would call you out on it harsher but your use of the word dream saves you

MattyG

Banned
My dream, as always:

Nintendo Direct: Nintendo announces they will be abolishing Nintendo Directs. "We are sorry, Nintendo fans, we are abolishing Nintendo Directs". And then Iwata says Nintendo is dissolving and assets will be split equally between Microsoft and Sony.

Microsoft gets Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Kirby, etc... Microsoft announces that Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask will be released in 900p 60fps this holiday season exclusively on XB1 with 1000 gamerscore a piece.

Sony gets Mario (along with all Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc...), Fire Emblem, Pikmin, etc... Sony announces that Mario Galaxy 1 and Mario Galaxy 2 will be released this holiday season exclusively on PS4 in 1080p 60fps (with no AF) this holiday season with one platinum a piece.

Iwata ends the Nintendo Direct by saying "Please view Microsoft and Sony E3 conferences later today for all our new games".
Lp6sYG3.gif

Adachi

Banned
My dream, as always:

Oh god, that sounds horrible.

Montresor

Would it be better if all the assets went to one company then? I.E. Microsoft gets everything or Sony gets everything?

Or is the problem that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask will only be 900p 60fps? Since they're such old games I'm sure 343 Industries can bring them up to 1080p.

I tried to make it as fair as possible between both companies. Sure Microsoft gets the juggernauts Zelda + Metroid but I gave Sony all the Mario games...

My dream, as always:

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Eolz

Would it be better if all the assets went to one company then? I.E. Microsoft gets everything or Sony gets everything?

Or is the problem that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask will only be 900p 60fps? Since they're such old games I'm sure 343 Industries can bring them up to 1080p.

I tried to make it as fair as possible between both companies. Sure Microsoft gets the juggernauts Zelda + Metroid but I gave Sony all the Mario games...

I'm really not sure if you're joking or if you really want/believe that.
Congrats.

Xiao Hu

My dream, as always:

I see your stupid ass dream and counter it with mine:
Microsoft spins off Xbox division so Nintendo can start a joint venture with it. Watch the world burn when Rare's mascots finally join Smash Bros. and the newest Forza racer features green/blue and red shells. How's that?

Btt: I just hope for a good amount of awesome and unexpected new collaboration. Thanks in advance!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My dream, as always:

In the long history of Nintendo going 3rd party posts, this is easily the worst one I've ever read so kudos for that!

Forza 6 with weather/day/night races/looking quite hot.
A teaser of GT7 shown,real time game play,looking amazing.

Anything else is just gravy to me.
Well ok...give me a remaster I can really get excited about...

Sega Racers Remix. (Virtua Racing,Sega Rally series,Daytona series,Scud Racer,Manx TT, Super HangOn, and OutRun series... all in one package. Or just break it down to a couple of remasters to milk it then. Godamn would I break the bank buying these with next gen graphics and a smooth 60 frames per second.

JobenNC

Microsoft Exclusive marketing deal with SCE for Knack DLC
Total War: Virtua Tennis
The Last Guardian MOBA
Amy Hennig presents Star Wars: Uncharted
Non-games at Sony, one AAA by Quantic Dream and seven others by "the people that worked on Journey"
Prey 2 now on an engine from this decade
Original Spider-Man game by Sucker Punch
Project Morpheus goes viral by which I mean the eye infection goes viral.
PlayStation Original Programming with Shenmue 3 the TV Show featuring Jackie Chan as Ryo Hazuki

I can't stop thinking about how much I want to play Total War: Virtua Tennis.

Fallout: The Commonwealth

All of the Boston rumors come true, with a story centered around The Institute and the Railroad. Players not only get to do their good, middle-ground, and evil path, but they choose a starting faction from the beginning then forge alliances with Capital Wasteland factions as well.

*edit*

Resident Evil 7 under Sony's marketing. Timed release exclusive.

EagleEyes

I think Microsoft's conference is gonna be amazing this year. Actual gameplay demonstrations of Halo 5 campaign, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6 and Quantum Break should be a given and that alone can't be topped by any other conference from a pure gameplay perspective. Then we are gonna see the future of Gears of War and Crackdown. Then we are gonna find out what Rare is up too. I can't wait. :)

Sony is going to hold back with announcements because they have 3 other shows to fill. That's my prediction.

Even with 4 conferences, they've always announced approximately 4+ first-party exclusives per-show on average. (except pre-TGS because 3rd-party exclusives)

Servbot24

Banned
My dream, as always:

This sounds great except it all needs to go to one console. I don't want to have to buy two.

so now that Square Enix is holding their own conference - this is my prediction:

• Final Fantasy 15 (Story Trailer, New Gameplay and Tech Videos)
  • Kingdom Hearts (New Trailer, Gameplay)
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (English Version with release Date)
  • Deus Ex (Gameplayvideo)
  • Tomb Raider (Story Trailer, Gameplaydebut, Tech Videos)
  • Hitman (Announcement, Trailer)
  • Final Fantasy 12 Remaster (Announcement)
  • New JRPG for Conoles (the one, that the CEO teased)
  • Bravely Second
  • Final Fantasy 14 (Announcement for Xbox One)
  • Star Ocean 5 (Trailer, Gameplay)
  • Saga (Trailer, Gameplay)

Verendus

Banned
Sony is going to hold back with announcements because they have 3 other shows to fill. That's my prediction.
There's three notable announcements currently that will get a lot of you talking, since they're about titles no one knows about officially yet. By virtue of those three alone, I don't really think of it as holding back. If someone goes in expecting a dozen big announcements, then you're naturally going to be disappointed, but throughout this year in general, the doors are coming off for a lot of titles. There seems to be a lot of focus on "megatons" and people's definition seems to differ depending on what they like ultimately. You can't account for that, since people like different things.

You got Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet 3, and your first official look at Uncharted 4 last year. That's pretty good when you think about it for retail titles. If the content was delivered in a better fashion, it'd probably leave a stronger impression. It would also help if more was shown in some cases, but that's kind of the luck of the draw. You have to think about showing more over time.

Having said that, E3 is never boring on GAF. I've enjoyed both of the past two, and that's because of the craziness here. There really isn't anything to look forward to for me now.

Basically, stop being so negative. Why are you so negative? Oh my god.

Auctopus

There's three notable announcements currently that will get a lot of you talking, since they're about titles no one knows about officially yet. By virtue of those three alone, I don't really think of it as holding back. If someone goes in expecting a dozen big announcements, then you're naturally going to be disappointed, but throughout this year in general, the doors are coming off for a lot of titles. There seems to be a lot of focus on "megatons" and people's definition seems to differ depending on what they like ultimately. You can't account for that, since people like different things.

You got Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet 3, and your first official look at Uncharted 4 last year. That's pretty good when you think about it for retail titles. If the content was delivered in a better fashion, it'd probably leave a stronger impression. It would also help if more was shown in some cases, but that's kind of the luck of the draw. You have to think about showing more over time.

Having said that, E3 is never boring on GAF. I've enjoyed both of the past two, and that's because of the craziness here. There really isn't anything to look forward to for me now.

Love it when you turn up, Verendus. Always gets my hype going.

I'll play it safe and guess that one of those three titles is Guerilla's new RPG thingy, whether it's the robo-rexes or not.

Verendus

Banned
Love it when you turn up, Verendus. Always gets my hype going.

I'll play it safe and guess that one of those three titles is Guerilla's new RPG thingy, whether it's the robo-rexes or not.
Don't worry.

I'm sure some people will think their title is disappointing too, when they finally see it.

lol GG, go home and be family guys. The Kens of SCE.

Philippo

Yeah, lots of still unannounced games have been in developement for quite a while now, and they can be kept undercover for a certain amount of time, now that has passed and it's only a matter of months now on when we'll get to see them.

Exciting year, for both releasing and announcing games.

Eolz

Agree with the bolded.
Always the same with Nintendo directs for example, people will never be completely happy anyway.

Agree with the bolded.
Always the same with Nintendo directs for example, people will never be completely happy anyway.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that people would be happier with less shows, but more in a single show just to make that one single show a 'megaton' show, for no other reason than wanting it to be that.

If Sony/Nintendo only had one conference a year, and they took everything from their other conferences/Direct into that one single show, we'd get megaton shows every year. But they decided to split it up, and people aren't happy because whatever.

I think Microsoft's conference is gonna be amazing this year. Actual gameplay demonstrations of Halo 5 campaign, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6 and Quantum Break should be a given and that alone can't be topped by any other conference from a pure gameplay perspective. Then we are gonna see the future of Gears of War and Crackdown. Then we are gonna find out what Rare is up too. I can't wait. :)

Replace all that with Scalebound and I agree. :)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Sometimes, I get the feeling that people would be happier with less shows, but more in a single show just to make that one single show a 'megaton' show, for no other reason than wanting it to be that.

If Sony/Nintendo only had one conference a year, and they took everything from their other conferences/Direct into that one single show, we'd get megaton shows every year. But they decided to split it up, and people aren't happy because whatever.
There is a also a contingent of people that want very early reveals no matter when the final release is.

Whether or not that is the desire to know what is happening at a publisher (like EA seems to think with their transparency approach last E3) or something else I don't know.

All I know is that the closer the reveal to the release is, the more faithful the reveal demo should be to the release version and in turn the less "downgradeaton"-threads we will have.

Verendus

Banned
There is a also a contingent of people that want very early reveals no matter when the final release is.

Whether or not that is the desire to know what is happening at a publisher (like EA seems to think with their transparency approach last E3) or something else I don't know.

All I know is that the closer the reveal to the release is, the more faithful the reveal demo should be to the release version and in turn the less "downgradeaton"-threads we will have.
That's true. Imagine waiting 4-5 years for a game you're really looking forward to. Now multiply that by several games. What's there to gain really?

It may be nice to know initially, but then you're waiting a good while before finally getting your hands on the full game. Not to mention, you already know what's coming well in advance, so it'll be a long time before you start knowing about what comes next. It's like taking The Last Guardian, and breeding several more of them, all just to upset you.

Bloodborne is the sweet spot of reveals in my eyes. It's unveiled with a teaser, more is shown over the coming months, and it's out about a year from the initial announcement. It's good for fans like that.

Bloodborne is the sweet spot of reveals in my eyes. It's unveiled with a teaser, more is shown over the coming months, and it's out about a year from the initial announcement. It's good for fans like that.

X)
Do you think Sony will establish Bloodborne as a franchise an make some Sequels this Gen? (with the commercial success it had)

Sadist

My dream, as always:

You must hate videogames in general.

The God

what do you mean there isn't anything for you to look forward to?

El_Chino

images

I wouldn't doubt Xbox picking up marketing for this, would explain why they didn't pick up CoD this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom