• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be hugely happy with God of War 4 reveal, Horizon and GT7. Unfortunately and quite amusingly, the one with most chance of getting shown is Horizon and of those three it's the one I want to see announced the least. GT7 is the first forey for PD on PS4 which will be good, I've no idea where they will take GOW but with Barlog back the chance of it being anything but great will be low, GG have good gunplay but that's it for their games so don't think they will pull off an RPG. All exciting though for me, would bee delighted if Sony showed those three during E3.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They're both multiplatform. That really doesn't matter. CoD has been fading for a few years now. Fallout would bring a lot more hype. Either way, CoD has always sold more on Xbox.
Did someone take over your account? You were awfully eager to point out several times in this thread how it was just an unsubstantiated rumor and CoD and Xbox are buddies and now it doesn't really matter after all.

El_Chino

Did someone take over your account? You were awfully eager to point out several times in this thread how it was just an unsubstantiated rumor and CoD and Xbox are buddies and now it doesn't really matter after all.
What the hell? I was just in shock that Microsoft would not back CoD for the first time since 2009, that doesn't mean I was rooting for it. I already admitted in the CoD trailer thread that I would gladly eat crow for thinking otherwise. I've stated that exclusive marketing sucks for everyone at the end of the day because it confuses the public for thinking a game is exclusive to a certain platform when in reality it's multiplatform.

Also, I was stating that if I were Microsoft and I had to choose what to market I would choose Fallout over CoD.

Chobel

What the hell? I was just in shock that Microsoft would not back CoD for the first time since 2009, that doesn't mean I was rooting for it. I already admitted in the CoD trailer thread that I would gladly eat crow for thinking otherwise. I've stated that exclusive marketing sucks for everyone at the end of the day because it confuses the public for thinking a game is exclusive to a certain platform when in reality it's multiplatform.

Also, I was stating that if I were Microsoft and I had to choose what to market I would choose Fallout over CoD.

A one time only game marketing VS multi-year marketing of the biggest selling game? Yeah... CoD is better.

benny_a

That still assumes that Microsoft had any choice in the matter. It's still a game made by ActivisionBlizzard.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Seriously hoping for a GoW4 teaser at E3. They can save the gameplay for later, at PSX for example, but Cory and the team SHOULD be at E3 with their game. Need me some SSM goodness. If MS can announce a title two years or so in advance with a short trailer, Sony can too. I just want to know what this new GoW game will be if it's not a prequel. I'm just hoping they keep Kratos and add in a new mythology to spice things up and make the series relevant again.

benny_a

Who knows if they did or not? I was just under the impression Microsoft has a marketing agreement with Activision until 2017.
And even if they did then they just break the contract and pay the penalty that they agreed when creating the contract.

Chobel

Fallout 3 sold twice as much the 360 than it did on PS3. So I guess Fallout could move consoles too.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090324104620/http://platformers.net/2009/02/npd-january-2009-life-to-date-numbers/

It sold like that because 360 was killing PS3 in sales, almost 2:1

If you say so.

Who knows if they did or not? I was just under the impression Microsoft has a marketing agreement with Activision until 2017.

Nice rebuttal...you totally got me there.

People would crucify Bethesda if they went with console exclusivity, especially if they shunned the PC as part of the deal. These are the same people who were hacked in the lead up to Skyrim, when they were doing everything right, just so people could look for some unreleased screenshots.

I'm extremely interested in what's next for Dishonored, and I'm hoping that CD Projekt will talk Cyberpunk since they're done with The Witcher.

sora87

So from Sony I'm expecting -
Bloodborne DLC.
Persona 5 release date.
Gran Turismo 7.
God of War 4 (urgh).
Horizon.
Uncharted 4 stuff.
Rime and other smaller games, probably a few new ones.
Level-5 exclusive, hopefully Rouge Galaxy 2.
Finish with The Last Guardian, it has to be this year, it just has to.

If all of that happens, I'll be satisfied for sure.

VinFTW

So from Sony I'm expecting -
Bloodborne DLC.
Persona 5 release date.
Gran Turismo 7.
God of War 4 (urgh).
Horizon.
Uncharted 4 stuff.
Rime and other smaller games, probably a few new ones.
Level-5 exclusive, hopefully Rouge Galaxy 2.
Finish with The Last Guardian, it has to be this year, it just has to.

If all of that happens, I'll be satisfied for sure.
This... is actually good, but I highly doubt GoW4 will be there.

El_Chino

It sold like that because 360 was killing PS3 in sales, almost 2:1

Nice rebuttal...you totally got me there.
PS4 is in the same position against XBO but CoD still sold more on Xbox than it did on PS4, not double as much but still more. And I'm not quite sure what more you want me to say, an opinion is an opinion.
US != World.

You're grasping at straws.
I never stated it was world wide sales....

sora87

This... is actually good, but I highly doubt GoW4 will be there.

Perhaps a CGI teaser trailer of some kind, not full blown gameplay. I feel Santa Monica are due to show something.

Bend and Media Molecule can show stuff off at Gamescom, it's time to find out what Sony's first party are up to.

If I were to make bets, I'd put money for Quantic Dream's new game over SSM.

1. For both studios, it'll be 2 years since their last game.
2. QD didn't go through a cancelled project
3. It's a new IP, and Sony is a lot more generous with announcing new IPs early.
4.QD games rarely rock the show, but they're a strong complementary announcement to be paired with another big game.

RPGamer92

Banned

3. It's a new IP, and Sony is a lot more generous with announcing new IPs early.
IIRC, SSM said they'd be at PSX this year so they may unveil GOW4 then.

Chobel

PS4 is in the same position against XBO but CoD still sold more on Xbox than it did on PS4, not double as much but still more. And I'm not quite sure what more you want me to say, an opinion is an opinion.

What I'm trying to say that, MS no way dropped the multi-year CoD deal just to get the marketing of only one game that is less popular (sales-wise) than CoD.
Some opinions can be wrong BTW.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Price Drops
Game Drops
Mic Drops
NeoGAF hype threads
Bans
NeoGAF Rage threads
More Bans
Glorious New Gifs

E3 in a nutshell

Sony Morpheus O=O/*
My body is ready
rpbh1hC.gif

Is yours?

Oh and super embarrassing moments probably from Ubisoft

I never stated it was world wide sales....

When you just say "x sold better than y," you're implying that they're total or worldwide sales. If you're only talking about US sales then say that.

4.QD games rarely rock the show, but they're a strong complementary announcement to be paired with another big game.

Agreed. Seems like it'd be a smart announcement.

El_Chino

What I'm trying to say that, MS no way dropped the multi-year CoD deal just to get the marketing of only one game that is less popular (sales-wise) than CoD.
Some opinions can be wrong BTW.
While I don't disagree, I just wonder what was the reason for both sides backing off marketing this year? Activision sees more sales on Playstation? Microsoft wants to I vest more in first/second/and other third party games this year?

benny_a

This Quantic Dream game prediction on the face of it seems pretty reasonable but when you actually analyze it you notice that they don't make games and the house of cards crumbles.

Chobel

While I don't disagree, I just wonder what was the reason for both sides backing off marketing this year? Activision sees more sales on Playstation? Microsoft wants to I vest more in first/second/and other third party games this year?

The rumor is that Activsion is one who backed off, they decided siding with PS4 because it has higher userbase.

I could easily see Fallout selling more consoles than Call of Duty, even if CoD sells more. CoD is cross-gen and has a yearly release. Fallout NV was 4.5 years ago. The fanbase is thirsty.

The rumor is that Activsion is one who backed off, they decided siding with PS4 because it has higher userbase.

Makes sense after the success Destiny marketing was.

benny_a

All this could have been avoided if Phil followed my advice to wear his Activision shirt to the meeting but nope.

Welfare

I could easily see Fallout selling more consoles than Call of Duty, even if CoD sells more. CoD is cross-gen and has a yearly release. Fallout NV was 4.5 years ago. The fanbase is thirsty.

The past 4 years the fanbase has been drinking nothing but Nuka-Cola. We're radiating like a mother fucker right now, and a few more sips might kills us.

Fallout 4 is the Purified Water + RadAway that we need. We are thirsty.

Verendus, how likely is it that TLG will be at E3? Or will Sony decide to save it for TGS or PSX instead?
Well he said this
The point is, if you're not satisfied this year, then there really isn't much to it in the future if I'm honest. This is about as good as it gets for the most part.
So, or verendus does not consider TLG something satisfying, or this E3 is when Sony will reintroduce it

edit. welp

grimmiq

What I'm expecting.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer
Persona 5 Character trailer and release date
Hellbade gameplay
Deep Down beta
Until Dawn release date
Bloodborne DLC
Lightning trilogy
Another FF port, FFXII maybe.

Sony comes on stage at E3 shows a bunch of third party games. Then when its time for first party stuff, no gaemz comes on the screen. /the end

Nintendo and Microsoft rejoice as the king is dead,

Corpsepyre

Banned
I could just lie to you right now, and you'd believe me, wouldn't you? But would that be cruel, do you think?

It's not going to be at E3.

Ah shit, my life holds no meaning now. TLG really should have been at E3. No bigger platform for a game that has gotten that much hype over the years for not existing.

RPGamer92

Banned
I could just lie to you right now, and you'd believe me, wouldn't you? But would that be cruel, do you think?

It's not going to be at E3.
I don't know what to believe >_>, ah well, if it doesn't hopefully new IP from GG, Level 5, and a GOW4 should make up for it along with release date for Persona 5 and FFXV.

benny_a

Oh man please not another avatar bet thing. I can't handle seeing the love of my life to the left of all the posts in the months after the event.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao, Verendus, you goddamn monster. You have lost all mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom