• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon's Dogma Online information

Anko

that's for the limited edition. The game is f2p.

Well that's confusing...

And the clause on whether there is IP lock
・『ドラゴンズドグマ オンライン』は、日本国内の会員を対象に提供するサービスとなります。
日本国外から本サービスへのアクセスおよび利用について、一切の責任を負わないものとします。
I think there's a chance they won't IP lock it. They just say that it's aimed at Japan and they don't want to be responsible for any connection issues (latency, etc) foreigners might have. They're not outright stating that we will not be able to access it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

VariantX

If they don't IP lock it, I hope they do whatever sorcery sega does with PSO2. Its totally insane how I can play that game in the Southeast US all the way to server in somewhere in Japan without the game-crippling lag I experienced playing PSU on servers in my own country.

I'm curious about the classes in this game. I've seen some discussion on GameFAQs that secondary weapons aren't here anymore or, at least, the new classes don't have them. Like Seekers and Hunters only having daggers and bows respectively.

A new class called Element Archer is similar to Magick Archer but has a healing skill. As a Magick Archer main, this intrigues me but I'll miss the daggers if that observation remains consistent.

Lime

Does the success of this have any bearing whatsoever of a PC port of Dark Arisen? I'm probably just being naive.

Does the success of this have any bearing whatsoever of a PC port of Dark Arisen? I'm probably just being naive.

if they haven't done it by now it ain't happening. There's a bigger chance of Dark Arisen getting backwards compatibility on the xbox one since that would require minimal effort from Capcom.

Also this game isn't coming to the west so far, so its success would only be attributed to Japan.

I have no interest in playing the game if it's not localized. It'd be silly to not do it.

An online-based F2P title coming from a company with a dubious history with the ground work of a game that didn't exactly light the charts on fire?

It's even harder to strike gold with MMO games in the first place, and keeping up servers is more costly than, say, a straight online game with some server elements.

Is this game having a beta of some sort in Japan? There's a guy playing with it on live from playstation. I thought the game was releasing in August.

edit: guess there's a closed beta reading the thread

Raven77

On one hand i'm excited about more Dragon Age. On the other hand i'm not excited because it's an online only game...

It's kind of like getting your favorite sandwich but before you take a bite you accidentally drop it in the dirt. You pick it up and still want to eat it but you know it's tainted.

Dragon's Dogma Online Gameplay Field and Tutorial Cyclops Battle

I'm surprised how much I hate the mmo HUD strapped onto it, not sure what I was expecting though

The interface feels alright to me. I just hope that there will be a HUD for console players

NOt sure how i feel about that small pause between each action( i guess it's like a chain attack ? )

Seems alright , but the world need a little more life into it.

Animations seems intact and the core gameplay looks ok

Lime

It's weird seeing the game with better rendering, higher fps, and no black bars.

Fuck I so much wish for DD for PC. With this coming out, there probably isn't any hope at all. At best it'll be through an emulator.

Mugaaz

There is absolutely, positively, zero chance of it not being IP locked. EVERY single COG game is IP locked and this game uses COG infrastructure.

My friend got a beta key for PC, lucky bastard.
The ip block is pretty easy to bypass, you only need it to bypass the login screen then you can disconnect it afterward.

Sakura

My friend got a beta key for PC, lucky bastard.
The ip block is pretty easy to bypass, you only need it to bypass the login screen then you can disconnect it afterward.

Yea, I believe another MMO I played was similar. Just use a VPN to get on, then switch off back to your regular internet.
Though if it is IP locked and you were planning to play on consoles that can be a problem.

Keratay

Neo Member
PS4 has party chat, and PC have softwares like Vent for raid chat.

I guess it's the PS3 players who are out of luck?

It's absolutely cross-play.

That said, there are limitations because of it, but they're more technical than graphical, especially now with the ps4 version out.

Are you sure it's cross-play? I don't see the system-specific voice chats working in that case, unfortunately, unless you limit serious coop gameplay to your own platform.

Are you sure it's cross-play? I don't see the system-specific voice chats working in that case, unfortunately, unless you limit serious coop gameplay to your own platform.

It's cross-play

luGUdcz.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I didn't get to play last night because the servers shut down before I got home from work (the 12pm-10pm schedule is fucking stupid for people working and living in Japan).

Hopefully I can get home at a reasonable time and check it out tonight.

Qvoth

i imagine the same vpn method for black deset japan OBT would work on this, at least the pc version anyway

i imagine the same vpn method for black deset japan OBT would work on this, at least the pc version anyway

From what I've heard, it's even simplier.
You need vpn all the time when playing Black Desert, but you can safely turn it off after logging in to the website in Dragon's Dogma. You don't even need vpn to download the game.

Ugh, I was hoping they would do away with the hitstop effect from DD. It looks so tacky.

No way. Hitstun was a great way to indicate what is hitting when for hitboxes and the like, and helped extend combos (since everything went super fast anyway).

Even though I'm a big DD fan, I can't see myself trying an online game right now. The concept is amazing in general, since it replaces the pawn system, but I don't know if you can solo the whole thing. And I don't wanna work on a character and get really into the game and then throw it all away when it comes stateside (if it does, I mean).

Jijidasu

I played a bit yesterday evening. Runs very smooth. UI takes heavy inspiration from FFXIV (which is a good thing - although the map is a bit different) and overall seems to be a decent game. Graphically it looks and seems as though they took the old assets, re-scaled them and put a bunch if post processing over it. It's not bad, in fact it looks nice but I expect they could have done more.

The Pawn system isn't gone. You can apparently still make and rent pawns like you did in the past if the Pawn Trailer is any go off of. I think they can do even more like crafting when your gone. I'm not sure on that.

I do wonder if there's a maximum. The full 7 pawns on a team sounds as fun as it could be chaotic on the ears. Or if you could mix and match pawns and other players, that could be fun for a group of friends and their own pawns on one team.

Top Bottom