• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Or just something like invite codes. Give your friend your lobby code so can enter. No user id needed, no extra account needed.

We're so happy you like our stuff :)

Great stuff, although maybe you should take it a bit easy with the "glitchy" visual effects, at least once the gameplay has started. I find it distracting. Just a suggestion!

BShadowJ

Man I love this game but these servers... My team and I came back to win on a ranked game, and at the last 6 seconds the server just drops or something... No rating won :(

nicolajNN

Man I love this game but these servers... My team and I came back to win on a ranked game, and at the last 6 seconds the server just drops or something... No rating won :(

That's funny same thing happened to me, except my team was bad and we lost 3-0, but no rating lost

The Cowboy

Yeah its getting very annoying now, i was more than OK to forgive the 1st week or so - but the game came out on the 7th and its now the 25th (almost 3 weeks later).

I hope they get all the server issues sorted soon, this game is great online when it works - but the server issues are really hampering the experience.

Canada? Post in the PSN down thread!

I'm facing the same problem. If PSN is down, game doesn't go past the splash screen, so weird.

Yep Canada, I thought my save had corrupted or something and deleted the whole thing, thank God for the cloud. Weird that the game won't let you practice while offline.

nicolajNN

I just cannot score goals, but I think I've found my problem. You see I can't count the amount of times I've hit the posts, the crossbar or shot straight on the goalie(like right on him, no need to even move), so the only conclusion is that I need some kind of marker to aim for, and I must subconsciously use those as that marker.

I'm just shit at shooting at the goal
Retroactively?

No one knows

Cess007

I seriously how whenever someone takes the time to type out trash talk, all you have to fo is go to the preset "What a save!" after you score a goal to effectively start a laugh parade. Our whole team just started shouting "What a save!" after every goal in our landslide. xD

Until yesterday, i would have agree with this. But last night we started a good trashtalk in a match with some guys that were beating us constantly. I couldn't stop laughing at some responses lol

nicolajNN

Come on stupid game. Got into a ranked 3v3 with 3 players, of course I was alone. I'm utter shit alone, lost 5-2, but I'm still mad that I lost because these two were pretty bad, and they really only got their goals after one of them decided to be an utter ass-hole and just do nothing but try an bump me

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This game is a lot of fun, I can't believe it's taken me this long to play it but I tried it for the first time last night while sfV was shitting the bed, now I'm more excited to play this than sf5 lol.

bombshell

Probably not. If it doesn't track it it doesn't track it, and then how would they know what to retroactively give you?

I don't know. Maybe the servers have been tracking the mileage, but something has gone wrong in the communication between server and client. But it's probably not very likely.

DBT85

Don't really care if it's not tracking right now.. It's not like I'm going to stop playing any time soon so It'll soon unlock once its tracking properly.

Anton668

tween the lag and the idiots who just see the ball and go "'MINE! MINE! MINE!" this game can be frustrating at times to say the least.

other than that, I like it, but damn, pubbies suck!

Lazulic

if you rage quit a ranked match, fuck you wholeheartedly. Do that shit in casual matches where your teammates can at least get a bot. Tired of fucking baby teammates leaving after being two down a minute into the match.

hydruxo

Just found my new car.

and the first they reveled.

Looks like I'll be switching from Breakout to the muscle car, that looks awesome.

Yeah it sucks, though honestly I'd prefer getting completed dropped from a match rather than being in one where other team has perfect pings while your team has terrible connection to the server you're in. Lag in this game can completely cripple a match because it's impossible to hit the ball when you're rubberbanding around the stadium.

Lazulic

Why do you guys care so much about quitters?

I like getting the free wins.

nobody gives a fuck about you W/L, i want a good 3v3 where i get better rather than a blowout cause one person decided to get salty that they dont win every game. if you want to win every game because its unfair just play offline and set bots to rookie

Ardenyal

Some of you need to learn to accept defeat and just quit.

There is nothing useful to be learned from trying to fight your own team mates every ball when they try to get a hit every chance they get.

Xyber

tween the lag and the idiots who just see the ball and go "'MINE! MINE! MINE!" this game can be frustrating at times to say the least.

other than that, I like it, but damn, pubbies suck!

I don't even want to play this game with randoms in my team, I almost only play ranked 2v2 with a friend which guarantees there will be no ball chasing from both of us.

Vorheez

Do you say the same thing when people leave on your team?
I overlooked the fact that I only play duels. I love when people quit.

I'd say its because we play online play so we can play with real people, if we just wanted free wins we could play offline bot mode on rookie setting.
Wait. You took what I said and morphed it into that? Nice.

nobody gives a fuck about you W/L, i want a good 3v3 where i get better rather than a blowout cause one person decided to get salty that they dont win every game. if you want to win every game because its unfair just play offline and set bots to rookie
Lol you're way too emotional

DBT85

Some of you need to learn to accept defeat and just quit.

There is nothing useful to be learned from trying to fight your own team mates every ball when they try to get a hit every chance they get.

Course there is, hang back and practise your aerials.

Ardenyal

Course there is, hang back and practise your aerials.

You can practice ball control in training mode more effectively. Hanging back teaches you nothing about positioning and rotations, which are much more deciding skills than getting a long range aerial at goal. Those are easily defended.

Gestault

I've barely had more than a few hours to put into this game, but Rocket League is probably up there as one of my favorite arena/action games.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just had the most epic 1v1 match. I was 5-1 down with 3 and a half minutes left. I managed to claw myself back to 5-5 with 2 minutes left. Then I went 6-5 down 30 seconds later. With just 2 seconds left on the clock I got the equaliser. Then 30 seconds in to overtime I got the winner. God damn that win was satisfying. And so my undefeated ranked 1v1 record so far remains.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why quitters fucking suck.

The Cowboy

Wait. You took what I said and morphed it into that? Nice.

How could it not be turned into that?, you asked why people are so upset about quitters as it means its an easy win - well as said, if we wanted easy wins we'd play offline with bots as doing that means very easy wins.

What other way did you mean your comment to sound?.

Vorheez

How could it not be turned into that?, you asked why people are so upset about quitters as it means its an easy win - well as said, if we wanted easy wins we'd play offline with bots as doing that means very easy wins.

What other way did you mean your comment to sound?.
Exactly what I said? I like when people quit because it gives me an automatic win. I never said anything about bots or offline play.

Also, people only quit when they are getting their ass beat so the "easy wins" excuse doesn't really apply. I'm just too good.

L.O.R.D

just played online for the first time
omg , the lag
even the ball is faster then me , and i am boosting all the time behind it

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh my god I finally did it. I was on the winning end of a handicap match! We went 3-1 down and one of our teammates quit. In a 2v3 match we came back to win 4-3 in overtime! So satisfying. This game.

BShadowJ

Exactly what I said? I like when people quit because it gives me an automatic win. I never said anything about bots or offline play.

Also, people only quit when they are getting their ass beat so the "easy wins" excuse doesn't really apply. I'm just too good.

Wow you really do only play duels... Cause damn if you had played other modes on ranked you wouldn't dare say that o_O

EDIT: The post above me illustrates exactly why you wouldn't dare to say that... 3-1 is clearly "getting their ass beat" lol
I'm almost envy you not knowing how bad it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom