• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Earlier this week while playing with a friend on skype we played against the saltiest boys I've ever heard in my life. We scored our first goal and the flurry of "faggot" use came. I was laughing my ass off the entire time, added more motivation to beat them too.
Not really feeling the DLC cars, still its nice to have more to choose from. Will more cosmetics be added via DLC?, i just love messing with the cosmetics (some spinning rims would be nice :D).

To go with the cosmetics, i would love the have separate setups for each team (I'm actually surprised this was in it from the start), and perhaps even a wardrobe system to save cosmetic builds.
This is what I want most. I change my car quite a lot, and it's kind of annoying having to re-add decals each time.

My recent development is a Jamaican themed car and putting Cool Runnings quotes in chat. I actually forgot to save a replay of an aerial goal which led to "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's aerial time!"

Musician

I've been playing the game for weeks and haven't experienced this. Are you picking server regions close to you?

Yep. Europe servers. Every time it has happened to everyone despite us having sub 50 pings. It's really, really annoying when you make an incredible save only for the game to go "NOPE", rewind you back 1 second and let the ball go in. Thanks game.

16BitNova

Guys. I. Am. Addicted. I can't remember a game that I can just play for hours on end without getting bored. I love it. Is there any way to purchase this even though I downloaded it for PS+? I wanna support this game and have it as my own. Also, I don't know what genre of music this game has but it's so good!

Guys. I. Am. Addicted. I can't remember a game that I can just play for hours on end without getting bored. I love it. Is there any way to purchase this even though I downloaded it for PS+? I wanna support this game and have it as my own. Also, I don't know what genre of music this game has but it's so good!

You can: buy the PS4 theme, the soundtrack, or the game on Steam.

Psyonix, if you could add more soundtracks to this game, Ill pay a high amount for them

The guy that composed the OST nailed it. I want more.

Anyone know of any similar songs that fit this game in the meantime?

Gaz_RB

I think I'm so good and then all of a sudden I hit 600+...Those cats are vicious, just acting like rocket ships and flipping around and just being really good. I miss noobs.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think it's starting to feel really good to me. 27 hours deep now.
It feels as good as ever...95 hours later X_X

To be fair this is the perfect game for my tastes though. I love multiplayer, I love competitive, I love soccer/sports, I love mechanics/gameplay over production/story. This is easily GOTY.

LakeEarth

Dear random players on my team who like to stay in goal, I'm glad that you're around and you do important work. But for the love of god, if your team is down and there's 30 seconds on the clock, get the fuck out of there! What are you accomplishing, preventing us from losing by more?

Sinistral

After playing with a friend or someone you can coordinate with over voice last night (which totally changes the game)... tonight was terrible solo. Phantom players, lag warps, client crashes and worst of all, quitters. Which have to be dealt with asap.

Edit: Who am I kidding... Playing again...

DBT85

Dear random players on my team who like to stay in goal, I'm glad that you're around and you do important work. But for the love of god, if your team is down and there's 30 seconds on the clock, get the fuck out of there! What are you accomplishing, preventing us from losing by more?

Yeah, you have to move with the play if you're going to be the one hanging back. If the balls in the enemy corner you need to be on the half way line choc full of boost ready for the loose ball.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, this was the best ending to a match ever. It's all downhill from here.

I had some friends come over and we played 3v3, and got to the point of having a sudden death, which ended in the most epic manner. Thank goodness for the Share function!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXz78NaEVs

(Shamelessly posting my video)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame we didn't record voices. We had just watched Mad Max and were blasting Brothers In Arms and screaming "I WILL CARRY YOU MYSELF TO THE GATES OF VALHALLA!" and so on. Would've been hilarious.

That all three were coming at it from the same angle is worrying.

Those last seconds to react to a counter-attack, it must be hard to coordinate anything!

Holy shit that was funny and informative. Nice job! :D

Thanks Shadow! As our channel become more confident in its own identity, this is the sort of stuff we hope to continue pushing out. The regular tutorials will stay a little more sobered though :)

It's got 6.1k views in one day :O

And yeah, the hat should totally spin.

Syf

Banned
About how long after people unlock everything are they hitting 500km?
I got it about 20 games before unlocking everything, or ~80km on the set of tires I was using. Standard is to unlock at around 60-90km showing on the tires as the tracking goes right now.

Time to slow down before I get burnt out, I pushed for those last two trophies tonight. This is such a fun game.

They need to change the demolition in ranked. Was playing a game defensively and one guy just kept gunning for me to blow me up. Two others left after a while and he kept doing it. Only one on my team against three of them and he spends all game trying to blow me up. Embarrassing really.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They need to change the demolition in ranked. Was playing a game defensively and one guy just kept gunning for me to blow me up. Two others left after a while and he kept doing it. Only one on my team against three of them and he spends all game trying to blow me up. Embarrassing really.
Demolishing a guy sitting in goal is a legit strategy. If a defence is hard to break down then taking the goalkeeper out of the equation temporarily is a good idea.

Juicy Bob

Demolishing a guy sitting in goal is a legit strategy. If a defence is hard to break down then taking the goalkeeper out of the equation temporarily is a good idea.
I agree. If you're going to play keeper - which is a totally legit and pretty smart strategy - then you can't be surprised or upset if the opposition try and take you out to try and give themselves a clearer shot at goal.

Just jump.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Didn't realize until today that the white circle on the ground which indicates the ball's position when airborne has a second circle inside of it which expands and contracts in relation to the ball's height. It's pretty helpful for timing hits on high lobs!

ArchAngel

What have you guys done? Just bought it on Steam (even if I have PS+ on PS4 :)) and been playing it all day. I hate online gaming, but this is simply my favorite online game of the last years!

But they need to do something about quitters in ranking mode. Almost always someone quits -_-

nicolajNN

Completely agree that going after the goalie is a legit strategy, though having someone do nothing but that is not a good one.

However, that does change when it becomes 1v2 or 1v3, it is in very poor taste to do it in those situations, you're really just being an arse at that point

I have played this online more than any other game since I got my PS4. I'm not big into online games, but this.... I have to go out and all I want to do is sit and play Rocket League.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Ugh, I think I'm going to stay away from the game until the servers are fixed. It's no fun when everyone keeps warping around.
It's pretty frustrating. Especially if you want to play some ranked because then you can't just stay on a server that works like you can in regular mode.

viHuGi

Banned
This game is amazing, man such fun and so many people playing online, were like 140k on Ps4 last night or something damn

Oh yeah I know but 3 on 1? That's just pathetic. It wasn't a hard to break down situation, they were all over me and I was scrambling at the back to keep it respectable. This guy spent all game trying to demolish me when they were winning comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom