• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

so do you still prefer the kelp?

Nah. :lol

Bombs really are helpful for mindgames. I lose coverage, but since I get the role of a charger better, I don't feel as bad about it nowadays. What's more, now all three of the weapons I main have a specific role they fulfil without overlapping too much. Tentatek for general purpose front line offense, Splattershot for holding ground/long range pushes, and vanilla Inkbrush for high speed coverage and team assist.

Ahnez

Hey squids, even though I might not play as much as before due to college, I wanted to have at least a few of you added for when I can

Please? <3
ID: (Quote)

Also:

Happy player tales

Start a match in walleye, all eight players around the center. Huge lag spike hits

Most players are splatted at the same time due to the lag.. Lag stops

Notice my teammates are not helping, look at the map and notice they all DCed, while three of the other team are still alive

What I do now? :p

I moved, and comcast is a bitch. They are installing wifi tomorrow. On the bright side, There was a bald eagle perched in the tree in my yard.
First thing you should do is turn off the public hotspot thing they're going to have enabled by default. They claim it won't affect your own connection. Fuck that.

Ozium

the posts in that gyro thread from the clear minority of stick users makes it seem like they were biased against motion controls, turned it off immediately and then just believe all their assumptions are true.

smh

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You're going to have to change the security to low as well. Or just hard reset the settings.

Comcast has public hotspots by default?
Dafuq?
Technically it's only for other Comcast customers. But in many places, including mine, the only decent option for internet is Comcast so it's practically the same thing because if you have home internet you likely have Comcast.

ryechu

Technically it's only for other Comcast customers. But in many places, including mine, the only decent option for internet is Comcast so it's practically the same thing because if you have home internet you likely have Comcast.

maybe one of my neighbors didnt disable his, and i can get internet tonight.

ryechu

the posts in that gyro thread from the clear minority of stick users makes it seem like they were biased against motion controls, turned it off immediately and then just believe all their assumptions are true.

smh

Its called being cocksure. I didnt like the motion controls when i first tried them, but even i knew that they would be better than dual sticks. Not enough people hold dualsticks with enough contempt.

Azure J

Its called being cocksure. I didnt like the motion controls when i first tried them, but even i knew that they would be better than dual sticks. Not enough people hold dualsticks with enough contempt.

Gamers are a very conservative bunch. It's something I've thought of since pre-Wii and only continues to be more true with time.

Ahnez

Its more of a "its not what I always used so it sucks" I believe most not even tried it before posting

Like those guys who say Nintendo should have included a non motion control setup for Skyward Sword or Metroid Prime Trilogy

Celine

Sent friendship requests to a bunch of gaffers.
It was a fun evening.
In a match I've seen a guy that in fire exchanges not only was bunnyhopping but was squiddy bunnyhopping that is while jumping rapidly transform into a squid and then back (to reduce hitting surface I suppose).
lol

Ozium

I'm also convinced that these "gyro controls are for casuals" "gyro controls suck" "Twin sticks for LIFE" people also think that twin stick controls are on par w/ a mouse and keyboard in a FPS

ryechu

I'm also convinced that these "gyro controls are for casuals" "gyro controls suck" "Twin sticks for LIFE" people also think that twin stick controls are on par w/ a mouse and keyboard in a FPS

Its pretty simple really. Gyro and mouse map directly control displacement. While sticks take analog velocity and apply it to ingame positioning. The extreme on the side of sticks would be bongo controls. Mouse>Gyro+sticks>sticks>DK Bongos.

Ozium

Its pretty simple really. Gyro and mouse map directly control displacement. While sticks take analog velocity and apply it to ingame positioning. The extreme on the side of sticks would be bongo controls. Mouse>Gyro+sticks>sticks>DK Bongos.

I get irritated because to me the motion controls in Splatoon are like the best realiziation of motion controls ever created.

ryechu

I get irritated because to me the motion controls in Splatoon are like the best realiziation of motion controls ever created.

Yeah, i dont understand people who want IR in splatoon. I've spent hundreds of hours in mission mode in pikmin 3. And I will be the first to admit that IR does not come close to matching the fidelity of splatoon's gyro controls.

Ahnez

DK Bongos master race!

Well, its not hard to see people who believes their way to do things is the absolute right way and everyone's else is wrong

I mean, just look at that FFVII:R thread about the changes in the battle system. Even if you add the salt of every splatoon player who got killed because of the lag, it still wouldn't be half of the salt in that thread

Ozium

DK Bongos master race!

Well, its not hard to see people who believes their way to do things is the absolute right way and everyone's else is wrong

It's not even that though, most people I see who use stick controls use the following logic "I tried the tutorial and I didn't like them so I immediately switched and never looked back"

this is equivalent to saying "I tried riding a bike for a minute but couldn't control it well, guess I'll just walk everywhere"

Zing

Banned
I'm playing for a bit. Join me!

Joining Rudeboy's game...

As for the topic poll, how did "paint" make it past the rough draft? We are shooting ink, not paint.

Exile20

So in anticipation of the August update I decided to make a Discord server for people that wants to voice chat with ease.

So welcome to Discord - https://discordapp.com/
kXysYOS.jpg

Great features

Free
Clear quality
Free
Low CPU Usage
IP protection

Grab you cellphone with some headsets
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord&hl=en
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-gamers/id985746746?mt=8
Windows/OSX apps: https://discordapp.com/apps
Browsers: Firefox/Opera/Chrome
Free

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;&#8595;
QUOTE ME!!!
&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;&#8593;

Some Rules:

One team per room
Don't be an ass
Be nice
Be supportive
Please leave the text/voice chat room if not in a group playing a game
If someone is being a idiot beyond reason then screen cap and send the image to me and I will either warn or ban them.

I set up rooms like this:
Voice chat - Splatoon1
Text Chat - Splatoon1

Voice chat - Splatoon2
Text Chat - Splatoon2

and so on.....

So basically you join both rooms together so you can text and voice chat with your team. Once again, if you are not on the team in the chatroom, please leave so as to not add noise.

There is also a "chatforeveryone" room so everyone can join to text with each other.

I hope this program will get some use and make Splatoon a lot easier to communicate.

If anyone has any ideas on other settings I can use please not hesitate to msg me.

Keep on Splatting.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok so I'm on! But two things:

I changed my display name back to Jahranimo because why did I set it to JahraGAF for so long is beyond me.

I'm in queue for Microsoft Support because my laptop isn't activated for Win10 >_> so if I leave suddenly it's to tend to that.

I guess at that point I'll be a detriment to someone's team...>_<

Top Bottom