• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 Gameplay First Look

Asd202

The only thing it took from it it's that the game wouldn't be possible without the power of the cloud.

SaganIsGOAT

that's what im thinking... worded weird, but i feel like that has to be the case. single player is not going to allow that amount of destruction.

Well I mean you could, you would then just have a single player that REQUIRES an online connection. Moving it to MP only allows fans who just want the traditional SP experience to have fun. At least, I think this is how it is working.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Destruction looks like a multiplayer only feature.

Yep. Makes sense you cannot destroy the story city, but having the city fall apart during MP could be cool or just a gimmick. Anyhow, I'm on board, love the first game.

Havik

Seems like the MP is released seperate from the SP and the cloud destruction only works in MP. would be cool in SP aswell but atleast you can play the SP offline that way.

Yep. Makes sense you cannot destroy the story city, but having the city fall apart during MP could be cool or just a gimmick. Anyhow, I'm on board, love the first game.

that and MP being always online they can do the cloud compute all the time

ShogunX

Multiplayer is going to be insane, it's never going to get old having your friends on skyscrapers and then just collapsing them.

ShutterMunster

100% destructible environments in multiplayer is either going to be glorious or painfully chaotic. I wonder how long it takes to bring down a building? I imagine they're play testing the hell out of it to make sure you can't level the entire map before the match hits the halfway point or something.

Oppo

I thought the initial thing was actually gameplay at first, and I thought wow, this looks really great.

Then the alpha footage, which - I mean, it's alpha - did not look all that hot.

The destruction does look pretty good, if a bit "eggshell" like... I wonder how they are handling giant piles of jagged geometry, seems like it could be a collision nightmare. I have to admit it didn't seem all that far beyond what we saw in Red Faction.

CoG

Was hoping it was more fleshed out at this point. Still feels like a tech demo for cloud destruction.

atheris

Neo Member
Some additional footage that shows off the detail
of the destruction is available on the site. Crackdown.com

'20x the computational power of your Xbox One'

Err.. What the heck does that mean? Are they seriously implying that because you are linked with other Xbone's the hardware capabilities go up by the number of players you are competing with?

If so.. Bollocks.

Not sure how I feel about this right now. The first one was so damn fluid, this looks stiff and a lot slower paced from what we've seen.

Dabanton

I agree about the stiffness of the gunplay. This was alpha though, so hopefully we'll get a more in depth look at the game.

Err.. What the heck does that mean? Are they seriously implying that because you are linked with other Xbone's the hardware capabilities go up by the number of players you are competing with?

If so.. Bollocks.

No. It's using Compute in Azure so you've got a load of servers in Azure with 20x the available processing capacity of your xbox one. (love to see how that number's arrived at...).

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
They kept the voice of the narrator from the previous games...nice.

This is gonna make me finally get an XBO. Love Crackdown.

JaggedSac

http://gfycat.com/GrimyColossalCentipede

GrimyColossalCentipede.gif

eshwaaz

I know this is pre-alpha, but it's hard to not be disappointed. So little was shown. The strafe animation is horrendous. Gotta be a 2017 title.

FiggyCal

Banned

If so.. Bollocks.

I guess they're still using the talking point that the cloud makes Xbox one more powerful.

JaggedSac

If so.. Bollocks.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Holy shit, Red Faction Guerrilla's destruction might finally be topped.

I don't know, this looks decent, but Red Faction had more small pieces that made it seem more real. This seems like too much focus on big building falling and not on small stuff.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I think its a mistake having the destruction to MP only. That looks like such a nice gameplay element. At least have the wall destruction in SP.

Top Bottom