• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

shuhei outlines standout ps4 titles for next year

pager99

in an interview with dengeki magazine shu highlighted some 2016 games to look forward too and to my mind its the first time some of these games have been confirmed for 2016

While Yoshida-san would like to always announce a variety of titles, the task is also made harder by shifting production times, that said, he likes to try to get the information out as much as possible, even to encourage the games’ development teams.

He also mentioned that Japanese titles like Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, Rez Infinite, Ace Combat 7 and Final Fantasy VII Remake are gathering attention overseas, and they’re expected to sell well even out of Japan, which in turn provides a driving force to create games in Japan.

He followed by introducing the following titles for PS4 and PlayStation VR as the highlights of next year (even if the list is by no means complete).

PS4Games.jpg

PS5Games.jpg

heres the translation

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Dark Soul III
Persona 5
NiOh
Final Fantasy XV
New Hot Shots Golf
The Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
Incidentally, while it wasn’t in the slide, he also mentioned Gran Turismo Sport.

And here’s vr

Ace Combat 7
Rez Infinite
RIGS: Machine combat League
Summer Lessons
Sega feat. Hatsune Miku Project – VR Tech Demo
Kitchen
The London Heist
Cyber Danganronpa VR
The Playroom VR
Driveclub

source
http://www.*****************/2015/12/15/shuhei-yoshida-2016-will-be-amazing-for-games-promises-more-features-for-ps4s-system-software/

edit didnt realise source was banned

Kyoufu

Even if half of those get delayed I'd still have a lot of fun next year. Can't wait.

The VR purchase will make it a very expensive year.

FluxWaveZ

Source is banned, but this must be referring to the PlayStation Premium Event PS4 Winter stream on December 12, 2015. This was one of the slides during the stream, where Shuhei Yoshida talked about each game on the list.

Abriael

Banned
in an interview with dengeki magazine shu highlighted some 2016 games to look forward too and to my mind its the first time some of these games have been confirmed for 2016

Only the PS4 games are explicitly mentioned as 2016 titles. He didn't give a date for the PlayStation VR list, as far as I heard.

Also, for those taking it as confirmation that this or that game won't be released in 2016, the list is not complete, it's just highlights, in fact it says "etcetera" at the end.

PS4Games.jpg

PS5Games.jpg

heres the translation

Dark Soul III
Persona 5
NiOh
Final Fantasy XV
New Hot Shots Golf
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
Incidentally, while it wasn’t in the slide, he also mentioned Gran Turismo Sport.

And here’s vr

Ace Combat 7
Rez Infinite
Summer Lessons
Sega feat. Hatsune Miku Project – VR Tech Demo
Kitchen
The London Heist
Cyber Danganronpa VR
The Playroom VR
Driveclub

source
http://www.*****************/2015/12/15/shuhei-yoshida-2016-will-be-amazing-for-games-promises-more-features-for-ps4s-system-software/

edit didnt realise source was banned

Do we even know what Summer Lessons is about?

Gameplaywise and How is DOA X 3 not listed -_-.....

Have to admit I'm starting to pick up some PSVR hype even though I've never tried VR and don't know how my lazy eye will handle it. Still, Uncharted 4, Horizon, Dreams, and The Last Guardian is a killer 1st party lineup.

This is a legitimate and sincere question:

Are people really expecting Horizon Zero Dawn to be good after playing Killzone Shadowfall? The concept looks great but im not so sure of the execution. All I know is that Guerilla is working on it so if a different studio is, please enlighten me.

OT: 2016 looks to be insane. Hopefully no major delays or development hiccups.

Edit: Thanks for the replies

Kyoufu

Are people really expecting Horizon Zero Dawn to be good after playing Killzone Shadowfall? The concept looks great but im not so sure of the execution. All I know is that Guerilla is working on it so if a different studio is, please enlighten me.

Horizon is by the Killzone 2 team, not the Shadow Fall team. The Horizon team consists of KZ2 staff as well as key members who worked on titles such as The Witcher 3. I'm pretty hopeful that it'll be good. It certainly looks the part.

Guymelef

From NPD thread.
Game should be in good hands :

- John Gonzales (Lead Writer for Fallout: New Vegas) and dialog writer who previously worked on Shadow of Mordor ( Nemesis system ) joined the writing team ( https://nl.linkedin.com/in/johnrgonzalez )
- They hired CD Projekt Red quest designers and other experienced RPG developers
- Lead cinematic artist/cinematic director of The Witcher 3
- A freelance writer from Blizzard joined the GG
- A game designer who worked on Elder Scrolls Online joined the GG
- And several creature artists and game designers who worked on Medieval RPGs
- in size and scope it will be comparable to Witcher 3

post-S

Geurilla made a masterpiece that's called Killzone 2, so there's a chance......

Palocca

The PS4 list alone would probably last me the rest of the console generation. Almost everything on that list is a day one purchase for me.

Add in VR and my wallet is pretty much screwed.

2016 is going to be insane.

Well, the gameplay certainly seems fine so far.

nib95

Banned
What the hell lol, there's too many. These are the one's I personally want or am interested in.

Dark Soul III
Persona 5
NiOh
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
Gran Turismo Sport

VR

Driveclub

That's already 12 games, and there's no doubt more like Mass Effect 4, Ratchet and Clank, The Witness, RiME etc. I'm going to have to plan it all out so I can trade in a fair number of them to put towards further purchases.

How I and a lot of other people have been looking at it is that KZ Shadowfall was a launch title--rushed, more of a graphical tech demo.

This is Guerrilla's first full-fledged effort on PS4, and a new exciting IP to boot. That's why I'm still excited for it. Can't say much else until we get close to release and more footage/info is released.

Abdiel

From NPD thread.
They also hired the sidequest writer from The Witcher 3 responsible for all the sidequests associated with the Bloody Baron.

I daresay the writing is in good hands.

What the hell lol, there's too many. These are the one's I personally want or am interested in.

Dark Soul III
Persona 5
NiOh
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
Gran Turismo Sport

VR

Driveclub

That's already 12 games, and there's no doubt more like Mass Effect 4, The Witness, RiME etc. I'm going to have to plan it all out so I can trade in a fair number of them to put towards further purchases.

I played RIGS and EVE Valkyrie at PSX... Incredible experience. I'm pretty fuckin' sold on VR now. It was amazing.

jayu26

Summer Lessons huh?

Shu knows what's up.

Kev you joined out TLG cult, you will soon see the light of Summer Lessons too.

nib95

Banned
They also hired the sidequest writer from The Witcher 3 responsible for all the sidequests associated with the Bloody Baron.

I daresay the writing is in good hands.

I played RIGS and EVE Valkyrie at PSX... Incredible experience. I'm pretty fuckin' sold on VR now. It was amazing.

Man, impressions for those games have been electric. Getting hyped.

Top Bottom