• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

shuhei outlines standout ps4 titles for next year

Banned
in an interview with dengeki magazine shu highlighted some 2016 games to look forward too and to my mind its the first time some of these games have been confirmed for 2016

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Dark Soul III
Persona 5
NiOh
Final Fantasy XV
New Hot Shots Golf
The Last Guardian
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
The bolded. hnnng

Gren

Is Ace Combat 7 that close? That's what's going to get me to buy a PSVR.

Yeah, are they really that far along?

If that & Tekken 7 are indeed exclusive to consoles, then I'll finally get a PS4 when they drop. Yakuza 0 is already a probable lock, given past trends.

Palocca

edit: Not summer lesson. I'm not a creepo.
why-you-always-lying-feat-378x414.jpg

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
My wallet gonna cry next year. Is PSVR confirmed for next year release?

MrS

Banned
My wallet gonna cry next year. Is PSVR confirmed for next year release?
Pretty much, yep.Throughout 2015 Sony has said it's gonna launch in 2016

That list is awesome. 2016 is gonna be really, really good. Expensive (wonder if NX will launch too?) but good.

nib95

Banned
So Tomb Raider is really going to get squeezed amongst these releases. I really hope it's priced sensibly.

Keihart

Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2, and i'm set for the year already, everything else will be just toppings. Really good toppings.

Edit: Oh right, Persona 5 too....damn , what a year.

Did Disgaea 5 come out already, I thought that was a 2016 release?

I mean, I know many folks don't consider Disgaea 5 standout, but hey, I like it....:(

Edit: Shit, came out March of this year?! Oh my, how'd I miss that.

My wallet's going to be killing me all year.

Oooh, nice. Another real mention of Summer Lesson. Looking more real all the time.

Did Disgaea 5 come out already, I thought that was a 2016 release?

I mean, I know many folks don't consider Disgaea 5 standout, but hey, I like it....:(

Edit: Shit, came out March of this year?! Oh my, how'd I miss that.

Yup.

Nice, lots of great games coming out for PS4 next year. Really interested in Nioh, Uncharted, Dreams, Horizon, and Gravity Rush 2, but Persona 5 is what I'm most excited about.

The big surprise for me right now though is my sudden interest in PSVR. I was fully expecting to get a Vive next year because the lighthouse solution is brilliant, but Ace Combat 7, Rez, and Rigs all sound great. I may still go Vive though if PSVR doesn't get hacked to work well on PC.

As someone who isn't really interested in most Japanese produced titles that list is pretty dry to me outside of UC4 and Horizon

Espada

Hmmm, Ni-Oh, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Ace Combat 7 (if it's coming in 2016).

That's a nice group of games right there.

FerDS

I want Rime:(

As for the rest of the list; FFXV, the last guardian, uncharted and I'm keeping my eye on Horizon

Rflagg

Wait a minute is capcom making a game based off or like the kitchen vr demo? Vr horror yes please.

2016 going be so expensive.

nib95

Banned
As someone who isn't really interested in most Japanese produced titles that list is pretty dry to me outside of UC4 and Horizon

Hate to sound antagonistic, but what is it about most Japanese games that you are automatically deterred by? To me there isn't really a genre or ethos specific to Japanese development, in the same way that Indie games also cover a massive range of genre's and game types too. For example, Gravity Rush is a very different kind of game to Dark Soul's, likewise to Persona or Final Fantasy, and again with The Last Guardian, Ace Combat, Ni-Oh, Hot Shots Golf and so on. All of these games are radically different to each other, in both genre and design philosophy, so what is it specific to "most Japanese produced titles" that you dislike?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking at the list again, I'm genuinely shocked at the line up diversity. Many different genres are represented from tons of various sized teams from all over the world.

Zetta

Next year my wallet is going to be hurting. This list doesn't even have third pt game I want so I'm going to have to quit life to play them all.

Sevyne

All that talk about good overseas reception to Japanese games currently in development, and the possibility of it pulling more Japanese devs into working on PS4 games is pretty much all I needed to hear. The last few years haven't exactly been the best, but it feels like things are heading in the direction I hoped for.

Rebuilding confidence for developers takes time, especially after the slump they were in last gen. Also helps that they have UE4 to make it much easier for them to ease into current gen much quicker.

Top Bottom