• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Simo

I think maybe Microsoft does a marketing partnership for Red Dead 3, and maybe Sony gets a deal for Mafia III?

Well Microsoft has the backwards compatibility going for them so that's why their conference would make sense for Rockstar because they could make the BC available and heck, maybe even give people who preorder the game RDR to play on BC right away.

So what about Sony? Why would they give Rockstar time on their stage? Aside from being one of the biggest developers and how much of the marketshare PS4 has, along with the GTAV remastered being on Sony's stage but then they did do the PS4 bundle.

mrqs

I don't think Red Dead will be at Sony's. Sony has that Sony Bend game called Dead Don't Ride that was supossed to be an western game. Would be weird for them to announce two western games on the same conference.

I bet Microsoft.

RoKKeR

I don't think Red Dead will be at Sony's. Sony has that Sony Bend game called Dead Don't Ride that was supossed to be an western game. Would be weird for them to announce two western games on the same conference.

I bet Microsoft.

Wait, what? I thought DDR (lol) was supposed to be like an open world, zombie, Mad Max-esque type game? Am I misremembering?

I also think that if Red Dead is a thing this E3, it would be at MS because of RDR backwards compatibility.

Simo

Wait, what? I thought DDR (lol) was supposed to be like an open world, zombie, Mad Max-esque type game? Am I misremembering?

I also think that if Red Dead is a thing this E3, it would be at MS because of RDR backwards compatibility.

Yeah I thought that was the case too based on shinobi's tweets? There was those old Sony first party Western concepts but the conceptual artwork was old IIRC and we don't even know if it became something?

mrqs

I might be mistaken here, but aren't those leaked concept arts from Dead Don't Ride?

I heard it too that it was an zombie-ish game, maybe a mix of westerns with zombies and some Mad Max flavour?

I don't really know.

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

Pennywise

I might be mistaken here, but aren't those leaked concept arts from Dead Don't Ride?

I heard it too that it was an zombie-ish game, maybe a mix of westerns with zombies and some Mad Max flavour?

I don't really know.

Those concept art pictures are a different game.

I bet Microsoft.

lol what? Dead Don't ride won't have much of anything in common with Red Dead.

I don't really know.

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

Cybernetic western is cool as hell, but I wish a dev would make a space western action game already. Such a sweet setting, so much potential.

Wait, it it confirmed with sources that Knack 2 is happening? I honestly might cry right now. That is one of my favorite games this generation.

Edit: Nevermind, Shinobi confirmed it in the Sony thread!!!!

MattyG

Banned
Welp, add Skyrim remaster with mods/DLC/enhanced visuals to the list, according to Enter the Dragon Punch in another thread.

I don't really know.

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

This concept art looks so damn cool.

Be a real shame if it didn't turn into an exciting RDR type game or at least whatever Western themed game they were going for.

Just looks awesome.

The whole Western theme is totally underutilized. Call of Juarez and some other similar FPS games I think, and just Red Dead 1 and 2. Love both Red Dead games.

I bet Microsoft.

Why Not? If MS is going to announce 2 new Zombie Games, why can't Sony announce 2 Western Games? Why not both? ;)

kevin1025

Banned
They are both getting announced? And exclusives to boot. Take is easy on Zombies MS.

They're trying to cash in on the Walking Dead craze, man!!

I imagine Dead Rising would be this year (maybe?) and State of Decay in the spring, to spread those zombies a little.

TheRatedD

Is there any news on Sly Cooper? The movie was supposed to come out this year, and Verendus mentioned a new Sly game multiple times.

Tagg9

Is there any news on Sly Cooper? The movie was supposed to come out this year, and Verendus mentioned a new Sly game multiple times.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie was cancelled after Ratchet and Clank's disastrous performance. Hopefully they are far enough along in development that it wouldn't make sense to cancel the game.

Ushay

Amazing summary Nirolak. Really well, was a good read saves me a lot time to having it all in one place.

Luke_Wal

I don't really know.

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

If this isn't for Dead Don't Ride, what the heck is THIS game?! This concept art is beautiful...

Also, one of my favorite Verendus rumors was about an action game taking place in the Indian subcontinent. I wonder if we'll be seeing that at this E3.

est1992

What do you guys think this new PS4 will cost? I want to get a PS4 but I'd rather wait for the new updated version.

Wondering the same thing. I'm making the switch from Xbox One, Sony just has better single player exclusives(not trying to start a war here, just my opinion), but I would guess around $450.

dreamfall

Well Microsoft has the backwards compatibility going for them so that's why their conference would make sense for Rockstar because they could make the BC available and heck, maybe even give people who preorder the game RDR to play on BC right away.

So what about Sony? Why would they give Rockstar time on their stage? Aside from being one of the biggest developers and how much of the marketshare PS4 has, along with the GTAV remastered being on Sony's stage but then they did do the PS4 bundle.

AGENT GOOD SIR, BELIEVE!

Never could forget good ol' Jack with the image and nothing else.

Anyone have any credible info about WB's Suicide Squad/Superman/DC Comics games, outside of E3? I've seen the first two talked about plenty of times, but nothing concrete.

dex3108

I only want to see one screen that says RDR Remastered before E3 and then I don't care on which conference R* will appear:D RDR Remastered is my Shenmue 3/TLG/FFVII Remake/FFXV :D

99.9% that Sucker Punch is NOT working on a Spiderman game. That team has way too much pride to be working on an someone else's IP.

They should be ashamed of doing justice to one of the most iconic characters around, whose universe and powers makes him an ideal candidate for an adaption ala Infamous...
Yeah, right!

Top Bottom