• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

schaft0620

Oh, I understood it was a guess. I just figured the Slim would somehow be cheaper. :)

I didn't realize the idea was that the Slim would replace the regular, though. Interested to see what it looks like. Though I guess as it stands, Ori is the only XB exclusive of interest for me.

The new console wouldn't be cheaper, it's going to "be better" than the console currently at $299 right now, no reason to think they are going to announce a new SKU and then another price drop on top of the one announced last week.

Luke_Wal

Here's what I'm not looking forward to: when this Spider-Man Sucker Punch/Insomniac game isn't announced, until SP does reveal their game (PSX, maybe?), all we'll be hearing is that they're working on Spider-Man. Personally, I think if they were really doing Spider-Man, they would need to announce it now for a summer 2017 release date. If we don't hear anything about a Sucker Punch Spider-Man game at this E3, that's almost confirmation to me that they're not making a Spider-Man game, and that this whole ordeal has just been wishful thinking (which I'm not convinced it isn't).

Simo

Slapping a 3 on it would make no sense because there never was a 2.

Changing the 3rd word into something "R" would hurt brand recognition and I´m sure enough marketing people at T2 and R* are against it.

Red Dead Redemption is a strong, strong name.

Red Dead Redemption 2 would stick much better than Red Dead Revolution or whatever.

Slapping a "2" on something that was incredibly popular is a no brainer, really.

Also GTA V wasn´t a sequel to IV.

Red Dead is the brand though, it's even listed as such at the bottom of the official site, and honestly the brand is strong where they would change the third word in the title and people still know what they're getting.

People just call it RDR2 because we don't know the name yet for the new one and there's a lot of gamers who never played or heard of the first game

SDCowboy

Red Dead is the brand though, it's even listed as such at the bottom of the official site, and honestly the brand is strong where they would change the third word in the title and people still know what they're getting.

People just call it RDR2 because we don't know the name yet for the new one and there's a lot of gamers who never played or heard of the first game

Exactly. Read Dead is the brand. Whatever r-word chosen is effectively the number.

GlamFM

Banned

I know all that. Trust me, I'm way into R* and everything they do.

I'm still 90% sure they will call it RDR2.

Sesha

This thread has died. Someone needs to drop a hot leak already.

Sony is publishing a gritty reboot of Alundra, that opens with an ambiguous but Berserk's Eclipse-esque dream sequence of Alundra possibly being sexually assaulted by Melzas, that result in scars and tribal tattoos on his face. Developed by High Voltage Studios.

SDCowboy

It's weird, all of yesterday and this morning were announcements and leaks, then silence, haha. I'm sure we'll get a few more things, though!

I think it's funny the Sony E3 thread is so much more active than the general E3 rumor thread right now. lol :p

thuway

Overwatch 2, Xbox Scorpio exclusive.

We've had so many leaks today already. Wonder if we'll get more throughout the week.

Yeah I am really wondering if any "big" suprises are left? With all the speculation of Crash Reboot, Insomniac Spiderman, and God of War 4- the only thing really left is just the games and how they look- which is fine by me. It does diminish the WOW factor.

SDCowboy

Yeah I am really wondering if any "big" suprises are left? With all the speculation of Crash Reboot, Insomniac Spiderman, and God of War 4- the only thing really left is just the games and how they look- which is fine by me. It does diminish the WOW factor.

Wait, is there anything new in terms of of a Crash reboot speculation? Or is it just the same ol'?

thuway

Wait, is there anything new in terms of of a Crash reboot speculation? Or is it just the same ol'?

Enough speculating over the last few years. The big issue I'm seeing is people are calling this Year of Dreams 2.0 - and I have hard time believing Sony could pull something out of a hat that causes the awe of last year's E3.

Enough speculating over the last few years. The big issue I'm seeing is people are calling this Year of Dreams 2.0 - and I have hard time believing Sony could pull something out of a hat that causes the awe of last year's E3.

Like almost every sequel its never quite as good as the original.

SDCowboy

FoeHammer

I guess I'll go ahead and set myself up for disappointment but any word on Mass Effect Trilogy remastered for One/PS4?

I guess the best we can hope for is BC on the One.

Turkoop

Banned
guys we have GoW 4, Dead dont Ride and Horizon at Sony - Dreams 2.0 is happening. And I'm totally sure there will be more megatons

SDCowboy

guys we have GoW 4, Dead dont Ride and Horizon at Sony - Dreams 2.0 is happening. And I'm totally sure there will be more megatons

For it to be a true Deams 2.0 for me, RDR3 needs to be there. Crash would be the icing on the cake, though.

Neonep

At Sony's press conference Ono comes out and takes about SFV DLC & Kobayashi comes out (or somebody else) and talks about Resident Evil 7 which will be a reboot.

For it to be a true Deams 2.0 for me, RDR3 needs to be there. Crash would be the icing on the cake, though.

RDR3 wouldn't be an exclusive anyway, so I can't really throw it in the Dreams 2.0 category.

I can only think of 2 Dreams 2.0 announcements. Crash and Agent. Nothing else is really like the 3 things last year.

Cardon

At this point I'm just wondering what will open the show. Like, what can possibly top last year when the show started off with The Last Guardian? I guess a big wow factor could be made if we get a very elaborate God of War 4 demo that looks absolutely crazy visually. Either that or Crash happens and we all cry tears of joy.

Turkoop

Banned
At this point I'm just wondering what will open the show. Like, what can possibly top last year when the show started off with The Last Guardian? I guess a big wow factor could be made if we get a very elaborate God of War 4 demo that looks absolutely crazy visually. Either that or Crash happens and we all cry tears of joy.

It have to be Crash. House or Layden walks in and starts like last year. short speech and then go.

SDCowboy

RDR3 wouldn't be an exclusive anyway, so I can't really through it in the Dreams 2.0 category.

I can only think of 2 Dreams 2.0 announcements. Crash and Agent. Nothing else is really like the 3 things last year.

It doesn't need to be exclusive for it to be part of the year of dreams, my friend.

Turkoop

Banned
AeZgbOZ.png

DAYUM

Begaria

Sony is publishing a gritty reboot of Alundra, that opens with an ambiguous but Berserk's Eclipse-esque dream sequence of Alundra possibly being sexually assaulted by Melzas, that result in scars and tribal tattoos on his face. Developed by High Voltage Studios.

Alundra was already pretty gritty.

Top Bottom