• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

dresi

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

Yeah, what is this? It certainly doesn't look like Dead Don't Ride according to info we have.

I-hate-u

But if this is confirmed is way better for us. If Sony is in another partnership with Insominiac and this time for Spiderman I can see it working.
I was expecting a new ip from SP and now my hope is renewed.

Why would Sony be involved with Spiderman if Insomniac is developing it? Disney can work with Insomniac directly.

Also screw new IP from SP, I want more Infamous. Assuming they hopefully learned from the missteps in Second Son, a 2nd generation PS4 Infamous title is right up my alley of games I want to play.

SP is one of the few western developers that nail gameplay and movement.

SNURB

Don't wanna sound like a broken record but should we contact BruceLeeRoy to see whether or not his rumors on Crash are legit? He has had a pretty good track record of leaks so far. Has anyone got in touch with him?

He said back in December that he wouldn't tease it again so I dunno.

Why would Sony be involved with Spiderman if Insomniac is developing it? Disney can work with Insomniac directly.

Because by working with Insomniac directly, that means Disney is paying the bills for that game.

If the rumours are true, what's going on here is that Sony licenced Spidey from Disney and is paying Insomniac to make the game.

I-hate-u

Because by working with Insomniac directly, that means Disney is paying the bills for that game.

If the rumours are true, what's going on here is that Sony licenced Spidey from Disney and is paying Insomniac to make the game.

But why would Sony invest in a property they don't own being worked on by a developer that is not first party? It's Crash and Spyro all over again.

But why would Sony invest in a property they don't own being worked on by a developer that is not first party? It's Crash and Spyro all over again.

That's why rumour. I find the whole story hard to believe as well.

Unless this is the future of Sony WWS under Shawn "Crash Troll" Layden.

Guymelef

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216948

“After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model. This shift in strategy means we will cease production of Disney Infinity, where the lack of growth in the toys-to-life market, coupled with high development costs, has created a challenging business model. This means that we will be shutting down Avalanche, our internal studio that developed the game. This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans.”

My pick for Spider-Man game would be Sucker Punch, but I think Insomniac will be a good candidate for Spider-Man, since Rachet and Clank has a lot of jokes and the game could be cel-shaded or something like that. Rachet and Clank was very colorful, so they can do a good job in a Spider-Man game with cartoon-like graphics.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Also, some of the guys at DKVine still think Diddy Kong Racing 2 or some kind of Nintendo mascot amiibo racing game from Monster Games is a real possibility.
Monster Games is working on NASCAR Heat Evolution and is probably going to do annualized sequels. Anything else isn't happening.

maxcriden

Xbox One Slim: Microsoft is rumored to be announcing an Xbox One Slim (possibly called the Xbox One Mini) that's about 40% smaller than the current system. There's supposedly not much else different about it, and it will be out this Fall.
Assessment: Nothing about this seems implausible. They might announce it a bit closer to launch, but historically Microsoft has revealed slim models at E3. Multiple solid sources have suggested this as well.

I'm assuming this will also be cheaper. Anyone have a guess as to how cheap? $200?

maxcriden

please note that 299$ is just a guess :p
btw 299$ is the new official price of the Xbox One, and the old model will likely be replaced by the slim one

Oh, I understood it was a guess. I just figured the Slim would somehow be cheaper. :)

I didn't realize the idea was that the Slim would replace the regular, though. Interested to see what it looks like. Though I guess as it stands, Ori is the only XB exclusive of interest for me.

SRV

Anyone heard anything about Elite Dangerous for the PS4?
Kinda close to just getting it on the X1 at this point.

Kyoufu

Anyone heard anything about Elite Dangerous for the PS4?
Kinda close to just getting it on the X1 at this point.

They recently added DualShock 4 support to the PC version I think, so an announcement can't be too far off. Here's hoping it has PSVR support.

SRV

They recently added DualShock 4 support to the PC version I think, so an announcement can't be too far off. Here's hoping it has PSVR support.

Ooh, thanks. Fingers crossed then, could easily be the title that sells PSVR for me.

But they do have an interest in both Spider-Man movies and PlayStation games. And maybe they got the license in the deal that brought Spidey into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Is this the year that Bend finally announces a game? I feel like rumors have been puttering around for years regarding them working on a console game.

It'll be like seeing a unicorn if whatever they're working on finally sees the light of day.

But they do have an interest in both Spider-Man movies and PlayStation games. And maybe they got the license in the deal that brought Spidey into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

If that was part of that deal, along with everything else Marvel/Disney gave up, then I expect Spiderman movies rights to be 100% with Marvel after the next trilogy or whatever. Outside of money hats and getting full spiderman movie rights, I see no valid reason has to why Marvel/Disney would give up two million+ non PC/XBone/NX sales and give Sony a big name PS4 exclusive. IG is now supposed to be the developer (and I think they could do a great job), no reason to think EA, Take 2, Acti, Ubi, or another big 3rd party publisher couldn't contract them to do the job and publish the game on other consoles.

pastrami

I'm assuming this will also be cheaper. Anyone have a guess as to how cheap? $200?

Lowest I'm expecting is $249. I'm not sure how cheap modern consoles can get with built in HDDs. Even now, the Xbox 360 with HDD is $199 and the PS3 is $249 with the HDD. I'll be impressed if Microsoft comes out with a $200 Xbox One Slim.

GlamFM

Banned
Listened to a Podcast with our own Shinobi on.

He was sorta hinting towards something R* related - by actually denying to say anything about R*. ;)

My money is on Red Dead Redemption 2 at Sony´s.

It is, but it´s not a given that it´ll show up at E3.

BTW, I also got the impression from him that the Sucker Punch Spider Man game is real and will be at the Sony presser.

There was some guy who posted that SP isn't making the Spider-Man game.

Yoshida said they're working on a new IP.

It is, but it´s not a given that it´ll show up at E3.

BTW, I also got the impression from him that the Sucker Punch Spider Man game is real and will be at the Sony presser.

there is a guy in this thread, who claims that spider man is real and being developed by insomniac

SDCowboy

Listened to a Podcast with our own Shinobi on.

He was sorta hinting towards something R* related - by actually denying to say anything about R*. ;)

My money is on Red Dead Redemption 2 at Sony´s.

Minor gripe, but I really wish people would stop calling RDR3 Redemption 2. That is unless it actually ends up being a Redemption sequel which would make zero sense.

GlamFM

Banned
Minor gripe, but I really wish people would stop calling RDR3 Redemption 2. That is unless it actually ends up being a Redemption sequel which would make zero sense.

I think R* could, should and probably will ignore Read Dead Revolver and just see Redemption as the name (and the start) of the franchise.

Lakitu

st5fu
Glad Suckerpunch isn't working on Spiderman... I don't like Infamous as well as Spiderman so hoping to see them do something quite different.

SDCowboy

I think R* could, should and probably will ignore Read Dead Revolver and just see Redemption as the name of the franchise.
Why would they ignore it? The next game in the series is the third, whether most people seem to be aware of it or not. And even if they ignored it, Redeption 2 would suggest a sequel which would make no sense as it wouldn't even be close to being in the wild west era anymore at that point. It badly needs to be a prequel.

DKHF

I'm late but damn that's disappointing that SP aren't developing Spider-Man (assuming that guy has a legitimate source), but Insomniac definitely aren't a bad choice to do it.

GlamFM

Banned
Why would they ignore it? The next game in the series is the third, whether most people seem to be aware of it or not. And even if they ignored it, Redeption 2 would suggest a sequel which would make no sense as it wouldn't even be close to being in the wild west era anymore at that point. It badly needs to be a prequel.

Slapping a 3 on it would make no sense because there never was a 2.

Changing the 3rd word into something "R" would hurt brand recognition and I´m sure enough marketing people at T2 and R* are against it.

Red Dead Redemption is a strong, strong name.

Red Dead Redemption 2 would stick much better than Red Dead Revolution or whatever.

Slapping a "2" on something that was incredibly popular is a no brainer, really.

Also GTA V wasn´t a sequel to IV.

SDCowboy

Slapping a 3 on it would make no sense because there never was a 2.

Changing the 3rd word into something "R" would hurt brand recognition and I´m sure enough marketing people at T2 and R* are against it.

Red Dead Redemption is a strong, strong name.

Red Dead Redemption 2 would stick much better than Red Dead Revolution or whatever.

Slapping a "2" on something that was incredibly popular is a no brainer, really.

I think anything R* makes is big enough that it doesn't need to maintain the Redemption name for people to get it. If a consumer can't piece together Read Dead R---- as a new Red Dead game, then I don't know what to say. lol

Who knows, though. I just hope they continue the trend of putting a new r-word in there.

Top Bottom