• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Dead Don't Ride releases this year?
giphy.gif

Boke1879

Anyone expecting Dead Don't ride to release this year was setting themselves up. If Sony is treating it as a tentpole release they aren't going to announce it at E3 and then release in the fall.

Little marketing, New IP launching in the fall it would probably would be killed.

silva1991

All these leaks and still nothing on DMC5 and Bloodborne 2.

I don't get it, how can it year of dreams 2.0 with out those games?

I will take DMC5 over RE7 anytime

Capcom still has people that can actually make a good DMC game, but do they have people that can still make a good RE game?

Never made sense that DDR is this year.

Companies rarely announces new large scale new IPs and have a them to market within 6 months. For many pubs it's too short a window to sell a new concept.

All the confrences are either during sleep time or work time...Next week will be brutal.

Sony's is right in the middle of the morning. Gonna tell my co-worker to not assign me any classes for 3rd and 4th period that day lol. Gonna be nerding out hard in the office/empty classroom where I can watch on a TV.

I remember when shinobi first leapt onto the scene with his first insider info on The Order.

Now he's a powerhouse cited by journalist far and wide.

I want to know just how high up is shinobi to be able to drop all this info like this in the first place.

I knew someone who knew someone who worked in the motion capture studio at Sony. Until the studios started having their own spaces, if the game had any mocap, he knew about it.

ar4757

Don't overthink it guys. A little Occam's Razor tells me the likely way he does it.

Shinobi lurks in the shadows, ninja-like in his approach. He enters buildings without drawing attention, climbs into air vents as seen fit. Hovering over industry insiders in their meetings, he listens. Gazing from above industry members' computer screens, he observes. Hell, he even acts sympathetic towards the weekly janitor at Sony HQ - the one who has to clean up all the bathrooms... and the meeting rooms, mid-conference.

Stealthily clicking his ballpoint pen to the 'on' position, he jotts down notes on his convenient notepad. All of this information gets recorded. Following his successful ventures, he escapes by way of the rooftop, where he ziplines to the safety of a manhole at street level. There, he takes the long way home, so as to avoid pursuers. Finally out of reach, he can take a breath of relief. It is then that Shinobi, looking over his list on the notepad, walking home now, laughs to himself and exclaims "Hmm, which bullet point should I leak to GAF? Red Dead, or perhaps Knack 2? Wait, I forgot - that one Rockstar employee glared at me suspiciously when I delivered that pizza to their HQ during their meeting last week. I should probably not talk about Red Dead, then, lest I get sniffed out. And with that, Knack 2 it is. GAF isn't gonna believe this."

Shinobi is, rather unsurprisingly, a ninja. And a damned good one, at that.

An HD remake of Crash 1-3 would be so damn good. I just popped in Crash 2 again on EPSXE and I'm having FUN. I'm talking, smile on my face and just humming along fun. This game hasn't gotten old at all and I've played it to death years ago.

It's criminal that this game hasn't been remade yet.

SamNW

My prediction for Dead Don't Ride is Q2 2017. If it takes that long or longer, I'll be curious to know what the hell Bend Studio was up to for almost six years. I wonder if they got an earlier project out of pre-production and eventually canceled it.

RexNovis

Banned
When Shinobi says this is the conference hes the most excited for despite this being the year of EA's Mass Effect Andromeda blowout you know its gonna be something special.

That said just out of sheer curiosity I've gotta admit I'm most excited about the MS conference this year. Looking forward to how they handle announcing all these sweeping changes and new HW announcements more so than pretty much anything else. Theres potential for either a big win or a humiliating fumble. Its gonna be fun times.

I feel like I've missed something in regards to the Spider-man PS4 game. I know there was a fake listing on some website, and maybe hints at mocap or something, but has there been anything else to support it?

The God

I feel like I've missed something in regards to the Spider-man PS4 game. I know there was a fake listing on some website, and maybe hints at mocap or something, but has there been anything else to support it?

An actor had "Untitled Spiderman PS4 project" listed on his resume. He had a picture of himself doing mocap at PlayStation on Instagram too. that's about it as far as concrete stuff.

Someone in another thread earlier was claiming that Sony is having Insomniac make this Spiderman game, but no one knows if there's any truth to that.

I am genuinely excited to see Alex Navarro's facial expressions, as he moves through the 7 Stages of Grief, during GB's livestream over Sony's conference if Knack 2 gets announced.

No? That game felt like an xbox game. I think it was that version that had exclusive stuff.

GTA4 had exclusive stuff for Xbox - didn't stop Sony from securing an extensive marketing deal for GTAV. Rockstar has said in the past they tend to cut deals with market leaders. I fully expect Rockstar to be on Sony's stage.

autoduelist

Whatever happened to Verendus' long list where he said X amount were true, full of hints? JRPGs, etc... did we ever sort out the key games being talked about?

An actor had "Untitled Spiderman PS4 project" listed on his resume. He had a picture of himself doing mocap at PlayStation on Instagram too. that's about it as far as concrete stuff.

Someone in another thread earlier was claiming that Sony is having Insomniac make this Spiderman game, but no one knows if there's any truth to that.

Don't think it was confirmed Insomniac.

He said (he's unverified last I checked), that it's a third party company making the game, Activision doesn't own the rights of Spiderman anymore and that Spideys placement in the OP is accurate (under Sony banner).

Enter the Dragon Punch (Dead Rising 4 poster) chimed in to say he hadn't heard anything about an Insomniac Spidey game.

So it seems we're at:

Potentially exclusive Spiderman game for PS4 by a third party studio that's not Insomniac. Likely a movie tie in.

The God

Don't think it was confirmed Insomniac.

He said (he's unverified last I checked), that it's a third party company making the game, Activision doesn't own the rights of Spiderman anymore and that Spideys placement in the OP is accurate (under Sony banner).

Enter the Dragon Punch (Dead Rising 4 poster) chimed in to say he hadn't heard anything about an Insomniac Spidey game.

So it seems we're at:

Potentially exclusive Spiderman game for PS4 by a third party studio that's not Insomniac. Likely a movie tie in.

The guy said someone had already guessed the developer in the thread. Someone asked "what if it's Insomniac?" and the guy talking about the rumors responded with "What if?" so I took that as a hint.

I'd certainly be down for another Knack. First one was indeed enjoyable, especially in co op and was challenging at times. It sure had potentially though so hopefully it's been given a second chance. Certainly if it's priced right like Ratchet and of course the return of Crash with Yooka Layley as well it's a nice time for platformers.

viHuGi

Banned
When Shinobi says this is the conference hes the most excited for despite this being the year of EA's Mass Effect Andromeda blowout you know its gonna be something special.

That said just out of sheer curiosity I've gotta admit I'm most excited about the MS conference this year. Looking forward to how they handle announcing all these sweeping changes and new HW announcements more so than pretty much anything else. Theres potential for either a big win or a humiliating fumble. Its gonna be fun times.

He said that? Damn must be a crazy conference!

delSai

Not sure if someone cross-posted this yet.. Some more words to describe Dead Don't Ride.

I made no direct comparisons to Mad Max. It's open world, survival apocalypse, undead, choppers, some black comedy...

#Soon

Sounds like something i would love as long as it isn't "Scary Undeads" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom