• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Legit meltdowns. Understandable too. Sony need to realise Knack is a bad game and only sold well because it was a launch title and there was not a lot else out.

Knack was solid. Nothing great, but nothing bad either. It sold and a sequel would probably take less money since assets are already created. I can understand it not being your game, but what does this take away from if Cerny wants to make it. Before this you didn't know Cerny was making a game. For anyone not wanting this is should just be easy to ignore and move on.

Turkoop

Banned
ok, enough craziness today. time to sleep and tomorrow the whole shit begins again.
Hope there are no major announcements during night.

sn00zer

An electronic voice clicks on over a loud speaker.
"SHIP WILL BE ENTERING SHADOW OF KEPLER-452B IN 1 MINUTE"

Intercut scenes of a crew on spaceship clicking on lights and powering up back up generators. Solar panels on outside of ship fold in on themselves as they slide into a hidden compartments dotting the outer hull.

Cut to black

Cue scenes of crew members being blown out of air locks. Others getting caught in closing doorways. Another laughing maniacally over the bloody body of another. A vision of a black star with a fiery red rim burning reflected in the eye of an unknown character.

Back to the present where we see picturesque window with a captain standing in front watching the last light of a star sets over an alien planet. We focus on the commanders face as the shadow of the planet creeps over it. From behind a voice asks with respect.

"Captain, what is you next command?"

Two options hover left and right of the captain's face.

"FULL DARKNESS IN 3....2..."

"1"

UNTIL DAWN 2

Studio Japan

Cartoon Network

DANGER! DANGER! Flashes across a cel shaded computer screen.

A 12 year old hand touches the screen and the DANGER! is replaced with a video feed of a pigtailed woman in a lab coat.

"Guys! Another outbreak has occurred in Sector D! I need you to check it out!"

Camera pulls back and shows a squad of kids watching the screen.

"We're on it Professor!" They shout in unison they turn around to run into action.

Cue each kid grabbing an assortment of tools from off the walls of the rooms. Slingshots, Hoolahoops, RC cars, and Nets. With gadgets in hand the kids step up to a platform.

"SPIKE! HIT IT!" the kids yell in unison.

The professors image is replaced with a smiling red haired man in mechanic overalls.

"You got it!" as he slams his fist down on a console in front of him.

The kids poof in a flash of light and are transported to the middle of a bustling semi futuristic city. People are running around in a panic as helmeted apes jump on cars, swing from lamp posts, and break into stores.

Spike's voice can be heard on an intercom.

"You know what to do!"

The kids break from their formation and run in opposite directions nets held high.

THE GREAT APE ESCAPE

Winter 2016

Fade into new trailer.

Studio Japan

Capcom

Fade into a Bloodborne Hunter seen on the Old Bridge about to face of against the Cleric beast, saw blade ready. The beast screams as the Hunter steps towards it. As he/she takes a few steps forward, a sound of clanking foot steps can be heard running up behind him/her. Just as the Hunter turns they are knocked down as a bony skeleton clad in armor rushing past running towards the beast. Then another figure runs by, a small boy with an electrified net, then another, a young man smoke surrounding him. Cutscene ends as the camera moves up to look down on the bridge similar to Power Stone-like view as four health bars pop up labeled Dan, Spike, Delsin, and Hunter and then one huge bar labeled Cleric Beast.

Cue 4 player 3D brawling as the Cleric Beast rushes across the bridge back and forth knocking players off the bridge as the characters chip blast away at the beast's health bar. The players beat down on the cleric beast with blasts of smoke, sword swings, gadgets, and molotovs.

Cue cutscene

Hunter moves in for the final swing and gets knocked down by one last swipe from the beast just before it explodes in light. As the hunter lies on the ground the camera pans up to, Spike, Dan and Delsin glaring down at him. Delsin cracks a smile as Spike starts giggling and Dan reaches down to offer a hand to the downed hunter. Just as the hunter reaches to grab Dan's bony hand cue title card.

Playstation Battle Royale 2!

Return to the bridge with a low camera on the ground we see Delsin, Hunter, Spike, and Dan walking off in the distance. Footsteps can be heard coming from behind the camera. Then a familiar pair of sneakers steps onto the bridge.

OOGADABAH!

Cut to Black

Fall 2016

Fade into new trailer.

Evolution Studio
sorry wrote this one a few years ago

Trailer begins with a set of dune buggies, motorcycles, and trucks racing through a forest somewhere in north america. The group is racing in a river kicking up water, knocking each other left and right, as fir trees fly by. They approach the end of the river pushing through the boulders and small rapids. Suddenly all the cars come to a screeching halt, smashing and sliding into each other at the edge of a waterfall.

Their motors sit in idle as a new sound can be heard in the distance.

The roar of a jet engine.

Camera pans up behind the wall of autos and you can see what looks like 2 or three motorcyles coming up the rear very fast. Just as the motorcycles look like they are about to hit the stopped cars, they jump over the pile revealing themselves to be prototype Jet Moto bikes. They go flying down the waterfall splashing into the water below.

Camera moves into a gameplay race between the 3 motos, ducking and diving between trees and river banks, busting through abandoned homes, and ripping by spectating fishing boats. The stopped cars from the waterfall are soon seen racing along the banks of the river. Race accumulates in a huge finish with all of the cars, trucks, and jet motos squeezing past a narrow finish line.

'Jet Motorstorm' flashes across the screen.

prwxv3

What little platforming there was in Knack was actually quite fun. If they can focus more on the platforming than the brawling, I think it could be pretty solid.

The brawling was the best part. It was all about reading enemy moves and reacting appropriately. Though more platform sections would be great with their cool difficulty system (platforms move faster on higher difficulties)

Salt lvls will be outta control when Knack 2 gets announced and there's no Crash :p

562.gif

sora87

Knack was solid. Nothing great, but nothing bad either. It sold and a sequel would probably take less money since assets are already created. I can understand it not being your game, but what does this take away from if Cerny wants to make it. Before this you didn't know Cerny was making a game. For anyone not wanting this is should just be easy to ignore and move on.

I'd much rather Sony take any money going towards knack 2 and put it somewhere else, I refuse to believe anyone truly enjoyed knack, these people are a danger to themselves and must be sectioned. Living in a world where a knack fanatic can be out in public is just terrifying let's be honest.

silva1991

Knack 2 to be bundled with every PS4K confirmed

And Neo will launch in March alongside with NX

Knack yet again will slay Mario........

in all seriousness if shinobi is right I hope the new Knack is a card game or something

as far as platformers goes I want Crash or Ape Escape and I'm sure most people agree.

Armigr

Knack just feels so phoned in. The visual style is unappealing and lacks direction, the combat is shallow and the platforming completely lacks challenge or variety. It's Okay-ish in every category, but doesn't perform admirably in any of them. It was a real shame seeing such a bland mush coming out of a development studio that is otherwise so good at making games that look neat and play differently.

Knack is likely (one of) the most resource-intensive projects to ever come out of Japan Studio, which makes it all the more heartcrushing that it feels so uninspired. A lot of talented people work at Japan Studio and I feel like their talents are completely wasted on Knack.

And by extension, Knack 2.

farisr

The brawling was the best part. It was all about reading enemy moves and reacting appropriately. Though more platform sections would be great with their cool difficulty system (platforms move faster on higher difficulties)
Yeah, the brawling felt like God of War light. Loved the dodge/air dodge mechanic.

As for the platforms, not only do they move faster on higher difficulties, there are less platforms/safety platforms on the sides, making traversal more difficult, raiiling get removed from certain sections as well so it's easier to fall off. The game did some cool things with difficulty. Definitely could've used more platforming sections.

Other things they need to work on is how big Knack controls (and how fun he is to play as), giving you direct control over what size you want to be, have multiple paths in the level depending on what size you are, better enemy AI on normal difficulty, more frequent checkpoints, and good solid performance. Also pacing. Me and my friend loved the game, but still did feel the last couple of levels started going on for far too long.

prwxv3

Yeah, the brawling felt like God of War light. Loved the dodge/air dodge mechanic.

As for the platforms, not only do they move faster on higher difficulties, there are less platforms/safety platforms on the sides, making traversal more difficult, raiiling get removed from certain sections as well so it's easier to fall off. The game did some cool things with difficulty. Definitely could've used more platforming sections.

Other things they need to work on is how big Knack controls (and how fun he is to play as), giving you direct control over what size you want to be, have multiple paths in the level depending on what size you are, better enemy AI on normal difficulty, more frequent checkpoints, and good solid performance.

There were a tone of complains about how simple the game was. But to me the point was not to make huge flashy combos like GOW or DMC the whole point was to not take hits and to read enemy attacks and doge accordingly. Their awesome difficulty system reinforced that (enemy projectiles moved faster). There is so much they can do to make a kickass sequal.

Maybe the team wanted to try again? No harm in that nd this is coming from someone Who's been yelling ape escape 4 since this thread started

You may be right, I'm not denying the possibility.
But what if you're wrong? One could argue (rightly or wrongly) that reviews were harsher to the game because many of them are filled with "this doesn't do anything nextgen for your flaming new ps4"
It's their decision to take and their money to invest. They have their data and they must have thought about it.

On top of my head from disliked games to loved games:
Killzone went from 70 to 91
Red Dead from 73 to 95
Street Fighter to Street Fighter 2
Persona to Persona 2

Knack is a kids game, they surely don't expect to created a 90+ masterpiece, but if they really make a new game they have their reasons. Just ignore it if you're so sure you don't want it.

It could very well turn out to be much better than the original as we've seen with games in the past. I admit part of my issue with Knack is that I think the original marketing wasn't entirely truthful. Crash was mentioned way too many times in the lead up when it has very little in common with Crash outside of it being "cute" and there being levels where you run toward the screen and jump over stuff. I probably wouldn't have as much dislike for it if they were just completely upfront with what it was from the start. And that's more or less a entry level God of War clone with a cute package. The platforming aspects of the game are so minor and few and far between that they really aren't even worth attempting to sell the game on because that's by no means what it's about.

Blobbers

Mark Cerny comes on stage
"We know the fans have been anticipating this title for some time now"
*gasps in the crowd*
Knack 2 announced
crowd disappointed
Cerny leaves, but surprisingly enough with a smile on his face
as he leaves he says: "good things come to those who wait"
end of show
Mark Cerny comes on stage again: "and one more thing"
Knack 1 DLC

Snoozer,
you better not have just spoiled Until Dawn for me. Unless you're suggesting they do a sci-fi theme for the next game.

He didn't, but even if he did, Until Dawn has been out more than long enough that spoilers for the game are not taboo. It's almost been a year.

Snoozer,
you better not have just spoiled Until Dawn for me. Unless you're suggesting they do a sci-fi theme for the next game.
He didn't. You're lucky you weren't here week of release when some genius made a dumb thread that spoiled a major element of it

Luckily wasn't a direct story spoiler but boy, coulda gone without it

Until Dawn spoiler:
"hurr durr Wendigos in recent Sony games, here's a giant untagged screenshot of one from Until Dawn

silva1991

*gasps in the crowd*
Knack 2 announced

crowd disappointed
end of show
Knack 1 DLC

Lol

the bolded kinda reminded me of PSX 2014

I screamed when I saw FF7 logo and I was FINALLY the remake and then........

2816734-2219479514-g47ku.png

Would be nice if Sony don't announce games that are over a year away from release. I know, shit happens, but its becoming an annoying trend and I'm losing trust with Sony when it comes to release dates. I have a budget to work with. We're due for another delay next year if the past tells us anything.

2013: Driveclub delayed
2014: The Order: 1886 delayed
2015: Uncharted 4 delayed
2016: Horizon delayed
2017: God of War 4?

Best wishes.

Would be nice if Sony don't announce games that are over a year away from release. I know, shit happens, but its becoming an annoying trend and I'm losing trust with Sony when it comes to release dates. I have a budget to work with. We're due for another delay next year if the past tells us anything.

Best wishes.

I think inFAMOUS: Second Son was also meant to be 2013.

mejin

Best wishes.

Just like any other manufacturer.

ar4757

Square should come up and say "here's what we've been working on, why Kingdom Hearts III is taking so long"

and then bam The World Ends With You sequel first on PlayStation then NX when it comes out

Kyoufu

Sony has to support their VR platform and I imagine Knack 2 would be one of their flagship titles for it if it exists.

viHuGi

Banned
ok, enough craziness today. time to sleep and tomorrow the whole shit begins again.
Hope there are no major announcements during night.

I guess you are in Europe like me, time to sleep indeed.

See you all tomorrow, keep this thread going.

viHuGi

Banned
*gasps in the crowd*
Knack 2 announced
crowd disappointed
end of show
Knack 1 DLC

Savage Looool

Best wishes.

Pretty much everyone does it, it's a market reality.

Tapejara

Best wishes.

If Sony ever announces a game for Q4 the following year, I just assume it's going to get delayed into Q1/Q2.

Simo

So have there been hints of RDR appearing on the Sony stage? Or just wishful thinking at this point.

Wishful thinking. If it were going to be announced or shown it would be on either MS or Sony but for either of them to give Rockstar the time you'd think they would have something in their favor?

I still find it curious how the E3 twitter page added Rockstar to the list of E3 2016 members. :|

RoKKeR

I'm not sure, but it'll definitely be on stage for one of the manufacturers if it's being announced. It's just a question of who the co-marketing deal is with.

I actually don't think either Sony or MS would even want RDR to be announced on their stage... because it would instantly be the biggest announcement from either show and would take the limelight away from their other titles/exclusives.

If it's going to be at E3 this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they announced it near the end of this week, and then they showed up at one of the main conferences to pimp it a bit more.

*shrug*

Boke1879

i would bet on Microsoft
they'll gonna use that RDR backward thing

Then again Sony and Rockstar have a great relationship. GTAV PS3 bundle. Remaster being shown on their stage and a Black Friday Bundle. So I wouldn't be shocked to see them on the Sony stage either.

Simo

i would bet on Microsoft
they'll gonna use that RDR backward thing

Then again Sony and Rockstar have a great relationship. GTAV PS3 bundle. Remaster being shown on their stage and a Black Friday Bundle. So I wouldn't be shocked to see them on the Sony stage either.
Yeah which is why I have no clue and so I'll be watching both conferences when I only a PS4. lol

I actually don't think either Sony or MS would even want RDR to be announced on their stage... because it would instantly be the biggest announcement from either show and would take the limelight away from their other titles/exclusives.

If it's going to be at E3 this year, it wouldn't surprise me if they announced it near the end of this week, and then they showed up at one of the main conferences to pimp it a bit more.

*shrug*

Yeah but wouldn't you want something like that where the trailer is on your stage and ends with your company's hardware logo? lol

"Oh shit Red Dead Remorse is coming for PS4?!"

RoKKeR

Yeah but wouldn't you want something like that where the trailer is on your stage and ends with your company's hardware logo? lol

"Oh shit Red Dead Remorse is coming for PS4?!"

I mean, of course both MS and Sony would love to slap their logo at the end of the trailer, I'm just saying the announcement itself would be such a big deal that it would probably overshadow whatever else they might have to show. That's true for both manufacturers, which is why I think it'll be announced separately.

Only one week until we know for sure! Shinobi didn't want to comment on R*/RDR in that podcast he was on and the rumors have been building for a while now... really hope it's there in some form or another.

Simo

No? That game felt like an xbox game. I think it was that version that had exclusive stuff.

No the PS3 had exclusive content, Bollard Gang or something with exclusive gang hideouts.

I mean, of course both MS and Sony would love to slap their logo at the end of the trailer, I'm just saying the announcement itself would be such a big deal that it would probably overshadow whatever else they might have to show. That's true for both manufacturers, which is why I think it'll be announced separately.

Only one week until we know for sure! Shinobi didn't want to comment on R*/RDR in that podcast he was on and the rumors have been building for a while now... really hope it's there in some form or another.

Yeah I get ya. Maybe they should throw it at the end of the conference then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom