• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazoo22

Neo Member
Are there others (domestically) who haven't gotten notification of shipping yet? Maybe is has to do with the sunday release but this is as long as a limited run game has taken to ship to me.

Still waiting for mine to ship as well. Seems odd since my other orders only took a couple of days to ship.

Still waiting for mine to ship as well. Seems odd since my other orders only took a couple of days to ship.

Seems they wait for all to be packaged and drop off in one fell swoop... instead of a little every day... havent seen one person with a shipping confirmation

Once some of these other deals with other Japanese companies are complete and successful we will tackle Square Enix. We want to have a proven track record with other companies from Japan before talking with them. We want to impress and wow them.

We have some contacts from Square Enix and we might send an email to them just to get our foot in the door. We would suggest tagging us with them on Twitter to start. That's how Koei Tecmo found out who we were.

Commo

Banned
Once some of these other deals with other Japanese companies are complete and successful we will tackle Square Enix. We want to have a proven track record with other companies from Japan before talking with them. We want to impress and wow them.

We have some contacts from Square Enix and we might send an email to them just to get our foot in the door. We would suggest tagging us with them on Twitter to start. That's how Koei Tecmo found out who we were.

I tweeted to both @SQUARE_ENIX_EU and @SquareEnix just now. Hopefully the rest of you do the same.

ephemeral

I really love the business plan of your company, I just wish you would have came up with it during last gen ;). Some PS3 games I'd really like a physical release of.

Noticed Doug asking about Rogue Legacy on Twitter, seems they don't have that game in the bag (it's something I'd assumed would've been in the unannounced titles actually).

Anyway, since LRG post in here and they seem to be making dreams come true lately, I'll post a thought:

Any chance of getting Double Fine on board? iirc Tim wanted to do Grim Fandango at retail but it never happened. They'll have 4 PS4/Vita remasters all with big file sizes which could be acquired soon (Broken Age; Day of the Tentacle; Full Throttle; Grim Fandango)

I'd also love to see the remaining Oddworld games (Munch/Stranger) get physical releases too.

Noticed Doug asking about Rogue Legacy on Twitter, seems they don't have that game in the bag (it's something I'd assumed would've been in the unannounced titles actually).

Anyway, since LRG post in here and they seem to be making dreams come true lately, I'll post a thought:

Any chance of getting Double Fine on board? iirc Tim wanted to do Grim Fandango at retail but it never happened. They'll have 4 PS4/Vita remasters all with big file sizes which could be acquired soon (Broken Age; Day of the Tentacle; Full Throttle; Grim Fandango)

I'd also love to see the remaining Oddworld games (Munch/Stranger) get physical releases too.

Stalker!

Rouge Legacy has been one we've wanted but we kept getting too busy with other releases to really pursue.

Anything attached to Disney is a flat out no and almost impossible. They know who we are so maybe one day we can do something with them.

We would also love to see about getting more Oddworld games!

;)

It's difficult not to stalk, you guys are doing some very exciting stuff for Vita fans.

Anything attached to Disney is a flat out no and almost impossible. They know who we are so maybe one day we can do something with them.

Bugger. So that's a no on everything except Broken Age then? Still, I'd take Broken Age.

We would also love to see about getting more Oddworld games!

Do it. I'd totally rebuy them on Vita.

If you managed to get the 3 Atelier Arland games and the 3 Oddworld games you'd free up like 12GB of space on my Vita memory card, lol :p

Commo

Banned
LimitedRunGames said:
How about contacting Schafer, then? I'm sure he could help you guys out.

Moofers

Rouge Legacy has been one we've wanted but we kept getting too busy with other releases to really pursue.

Opinions and all that, but Rogue Legacy would easily be the best game in your entire lineup if you were to secure it. That'd be a huge score and would sell no problem. Please work on that one! PS4 and Vita!

Tapejara

I would be so down for Stranger's Wrath HD. Love that game. Never played Munch's, but I have it on Vita too and I've been meaning to try it out. Voted for both!

Seems they wait for all to be packaged and drop off in one fell swoop... instead of a little every day... havent seen one person with a shipping confirmation
Looks like that's the case, yeah. I haven't received a shipping notification yet, but I do see something from Holly Springs, NC in my.usps.com, so it looks like that Wednesday target is being met!

Clive

Stranger's Wrath is a borderline classic IMO and I would definitely buy it again on the Vita to have a retail copy. I actually like it more than New 'n' Tasty although that one is great too.

Rogue Legacy is a fantastic game but I kind of like having roguelikes digitally since they cater well to being played in short bursts. Would absolutely love to have retail copy too though since it's such a great game.

ephemeral

Since I just recently found out about LRG I have been trying to get a complete collection by using ebay. I have received 4 of the games so far, which of one is a Vita game in perfect condition, and the other 3 are PS4 versions all with some damage to the cover. Have I just gotten very unlucky with the purchases or is this common? I'm very anal about any damage to the cover.

Clive

Since I just recently found out about LRG I have been trying to get a complete collection by using ebay. I have received 4 of the games so far, which of one is a Vita game in perfect condition, and the other 3 are PS4 versions all with some damage to the cover. Have I just gotten very unlucky with the purchases or is this common? I'm very anal about any damage to the cover.

What kind of damage? All games are packaged and manufactured by Sony so it should be no different than buying games from any other publisher/distributor. Not sure if it's still available but the option to get it shipped in a box used to exist when buying directly from LRG (costing extra).

ephemeral

What kind of damage? All games are packaged and manufactured by Sony so it should be no different than buying games from any other publisher/distributor. Not sure if it's still available but the option to get it shipped in a box used to exist when buying directly from LRG (costing extra).

Thank you for the fast reply. I have uploaded images of the games:

20160630_121519.jpg

20160630_121909.jpg

I dunno how to make the images compact, sorry. If I would describe the damage, it's as if someone pressed the cover down so it gets a bit wrinkled. I apologize for the lack of a better explanation, my english is not that great.

Shizuka

20160630_121519.jpg

20160630_121909.jpg

I dunno how to make the images compact, sorry. If I would describe the damage, it's as if someone pressed the cover down so it gets a bit wrinkled. I apologize for the lack of a better explanation, my english is not that great.

I'd figure those damages were made after the seller got his copies, never heard/saw similar cases around here.

20160630_121519.jpg

20160630_121909.jpg

My copy of Uncharted 4 came like that from Amazon.

Spinoff90

Same with everyone else at the moment, nothing to worry about~

This fulfilment center seems completely worthless to me. They are getting these out slower than one guy was managing to by himself which is pretty bad. Much like the Shopify issues it sure doesn't make LRG look good even though it isn't their fault. Seems they are even giving LRG the runaround since they were told all copies were expected to be shipped by yesterday.

Was really hoping it would get out in a timely matter this time to have a chance of arriving before the possible Canada Post strike. Now there is no chance of beating that and if they do strike my confidence of it not getting lost or damaged in limbo after clearing customs is low.

ephemeral

It looks like the seller that you bought them from didn't pack them very securely and they may have got a bit crushed in the post. Shame :(

Thanks, yeah it sure is a shame. I can't keep a copy of a game I know looks like that, I want them pristine. Gonna have to resell and find new copies for 3 games, annoying.

My copy of Uncharted 4 came like that from Amazon.

Oh, was it poorly packaged?

Seems they are even giving LRG the runaround since they were told all copies were expected to be shipped by yesterday.
My copy of Octodad for the PS4 did ship, and the tracking number says it'll be here on Friday. I think they're just slow in sending out notifications to that effect. If I didn't have things setup through the U.S. Postal Service to see every package (with tracking information entered, anyway) being mailed to my home, I wouldn't know that Octodad had shipped.

Semoreh

Hey guys ! Just heard about LRG, and I'm pretty interested to say the least :D
I've already subscribed to Indiebox so I love the idea of buying physical indie games in general. Even if it means importing them to France.

To me regular PS4/Vita boxes are even more promising than Indieboxes, as I'm not totally fan of the USB keys. That doesn't seem very durable to me...

Long story short, I wanted to react to this :

Opinions and all that, but Rogue Legacy would easily be the best game in your entire lineup if you were to secure it. That'd be a huge score and would sell no problem. Please work on that one! PS4 and Vita!

==> Rogue Legacy already has its Indiebox. Wouldn't it be better if LRG and Indiebox covered different games ? To me it would, at least ;)
Same problem with Axiom Verge, since I saw someone mention it. I already own it.

Also, I've looked at the LRG lineup, and some of the games don't fair well on Metacritic (saturday RPG, Lost Sea, Futuridium... meh). Just wanted to say that I only intend to buy good games from LRG if I do ; Xeodrifter is barely good enough but... why not. I'm totally into Octodad, Oddworld and Söldner, though ! So the choice of game matters a lot. Especially if you release 2 to 3 games in a month.

I'd love to see Escape Goat 1 (Escape Goat 2 has been released as an indiebox but not the first one). Or VVVVVV, the first indie game I fell in love with.

Anyway, I'm really excited by your concept !

Hey guys ! Just heard about LRG, and I'm pretty interested to say the least :D
I've already subscribed to Indiebox so I love the idea of buying physical indie games in general. Even if it means importing them to France.

To me regular PS4/Vita boxes are even more promising than Indieboxes, as I'm not totally fan of the USB keys. That doesn't seem very durable to me...

Long story short, I wanted to react to this :

==> Rogue Legacy already has its Indiebox. Wouldn't it be better if LRG and Indiebox covered different games ? To me it would, at least ;)
Same problem with Axiom Verge, since I saw someone mention it. I already own it.

Also, I've looked at the LRG lineup, and some of the games don't fair well on Metacritic (saturday RPG, Lost Sea, Futuridium... meh). Just wanted to say that I only intend to buy good games from LRG if I do ; Xeodrifter is barely good enough but... why not. I'm totally into Octodad, Oddworld and Söldner, though ! So the choice of game matters a lot. Especially if you release 2 to 3 games in a month.

I'd love to see Escape Goat 1 (Escape Goat 2 has been released as an indiebox but not the first one). Or VVVVVV, the first indie game I fell in love with.

Anyway, I'm really excited by your concept !

Indiebox is trying to do stuff a little different from Limited Run, and i see no reason why having multiple options would be bad (you can't get either of them anymore, regardless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom