• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Sophia

You mean like Aigis in the P3 movies?

Also, really nailed the problem with Naoto's romance, PK.

The difference is that Aigis was already an existing character and they merely expanded upon elements of her character that were already there in the game. =P

They should have kept the romance triangle between Aigis, Makoto, and Yukari tho.

Makio

Since we getting the gameplay livestream this week , i suppose we not getting a mini trailer + VA interview this week.

And speaking of the livestream i hope we get a glimpse of the dub of Igor and the twins , specially of Igor "changed" voice got me curious how the dub is going to handle it (get Dan Woren again with other tone ?) and the twins i hope the actress dont try to sound too "loli" , ironic enough Morgana dub voice is kinda i was expecting from Caroline and Justine
And Sae too .... wonder if we get a recast from P3 & P4 or someone "new"

They get dialogue lines early in the game dont be surprised if can catch some dub from them

Plus looking forward to the see " ugly font" in game , in action since i imagine they gonna show a final or almost final build of the game.

daevious

Since we getting the gameplay livestream this week , i suppose we not getting a mini trailer + VA interview this week.

And speaking of the livestream i hope we get a glimpse of the dub of Igor and the twins , specially of Igor "changed" voice got me curious how the dub is going to handle it (get Dan Woren again with other tone ?) and the twins i hope the actress dont try to sound too "loli" , ironic enough Morgana dub voice is kinda i was expecting from Caroline and Justine
And Sae too .... wonder if we get a recast from P3 & P4 or someone "new"

Since they get dialogue lines early in the game dont be surprised if can catch some dub from them.

Plus looking forward to the "font" in game since i imagine they gonna show a final or almost build of the game.

My first guess for Sae would be Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, but I don't know if she's been in any Atlus dubs lately.

Makio

My first guess for Sae would be Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, but I don't know if she's been in any Atlus dubs lately.

She can be great in that role , but yeah she seems missing of Atlus radar since she voice Naoto in the anime.

For Sae i would go with someone like Cindy Robinson (awesome range) or Kimberly Brooks (she did great and kinda similar role in Dancing All Night).

But i see someone like Karen Strassman (overkill much) or Julie Ann Taylor getting it for some reason since are voices i expect in the cooperations / secondary roles ... actually the coop roles are gonna be recast paradise for sure

daevious

She can be great in that role , but yeah she seems missing of Atlus radar since she voice Naoto in the anime.

For Sae i would go with someone like Cindy Robinson (awesome range) or Kimberly Brooks (she did great and kinda similar role in Dancing All Night).

But i see someone like Karen Strassman (overkill much) or Julie Ann Taylor getting it for some reason since are voices i expect in the cooperations / secondary roles ... actually the coop roles are gonna be recast paradise for sure

As far as recasting goes; Erin Fitzgerald has the range to pull off Sae, if she just uses this voice then I'd have no problems with having her cast again.

Mediking

The difference is that Aigis was already an existing character and they merely expanded upon elements of her character that were already there in the game. =P

They should have kept the romance triangle between Aigis, Makoto, and Yukari tho.

YUKARI? I have a soft spot for her. But... YUKARI?

jzbluz

I didn't really like Yukari being pushed as the main love interest, but then I didn't particularly like any of Makoto's possible romances, not even with best girl Mitsuru. I had way more fun with FeMC's harem.

I didn't find any of the romances in P3 to really work all that well. FeMC and Akihiko was probably the best. FeMC and Junpei had a lot of chemistry but...

Beyond what personally appeals to me, I find the best P3/P4 romances to be in P3. (P3, P3P spoiler)
Aigis x either protag in P3, or P3 Portable's Shinjiro x FeMC relationship. Shit got me in the gut, man. T_T

Beyond what personally appeals to me, I find the best P3/P4 romances to be in P3. (P3, P3P spoiler)
Aigis x either protag in P3, or P3 Portable's Shinjiro x FeMC relationship. Shit got me in the gut, man. T_T

The romance with Yukari is the one I'm the most invested in, especially given how things are currently.
Also, Shinjiro/FeMC has an extremely unfair advantage. :p

If there was anyone super hung up on the MC, even if you didn't date her, it was Yukari.

No, don't you get it. It was Aigis who really missed him the most, Yukari said as much at the end of the Answer.

-_____________-

bleh, Aigis romance is the worst

And the ending doesn't exactly help.

PK Gaming

For P3, Yukari x P3MC was without a doubt the strongest pairing for me. Similar circumstances draw them together, the set up is incredibly solid (they have prominent scenes together outside of Yukari's slink) and her love for him blatantly comes through in the Answer.
It's pretty tragic though.

Aigis x P3MC's no slouch either, since a lot of the later scenes with them are hard hitting. Like Aigis lamenting the fact that she can't physically "feel" the protagonist or experience pleasure. I remember being legitimately shocked when she admitted to feeling envious about real world couples.

Shinji x FeMC is also pretty solid (that last rank scene is absolutely hysterical), and FeMC x Aigis is just as good as P3MC x Aigis, if not better due to added gay angst.

The true GOAT pairing though, is
FeMC x Elizabeth.

hichanbis

Banned
According to an insider source I cannot disclose, Persona 5 would be delayed in the West (at least in Europe) to April. But as a compensation we would get the japanese voices as a free DLC.

To be officially announced in a few.

According to an insider source I cannot disclose, Persona 5 would be delayed in the West (at least in Europe) to April. But as a compensation we would get the japanese voices as a free DLC.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
RIP John Hardin
I can only imagine the reactions if the game only gets delayed in Europe
tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250.gif
The romance with Yukari is the one I'm the most invested in, especially given how things are currently.
Also, Shinjiro/FeMC has an extremely unfair advantage. :p

No, don't you get it. It was Aigis who really missed him the most, Yukari said as much at the end of the Answer.

-_____________-

And the ending doesn't exactly help.
You didn't like being forced to touch her robot vagina heart to max her SLink :p Yeah that moment was pretty cringe worthy

I_have_been_waiting_for_this.jpeg

since I have crucial exams in May and June, this wouldn't bum me out at all (save for the whole Valentines Day meta lol). If it's the only way we could get JP voices, I'd even be in favor of it.

What's another two months what's another two years what's another two console generations etc.

PxQFGBj.gif

Mediking

I'M NOT EVEN IN EUROPE AND I WOULD SCREAM IF PERSONA 5 GETS DELAYED AGAIN. THE FEB 14TH SPECIAL LAUNCH IS A LIE?! WHO IS YOUR INSIDER SOURCE?! WHO?!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I think if they announce the original VO as DLC, especially if free, I'd be more inclined to get it at launch instead of waiting like I originally intended to do.

I wasn't even sure whether I'd double dip with the English release, but I'll do it day one just to support dual audio if they do.

I wasn't even sure whether I'd double dip with the English release, but I'll do it day one just to support dual audio if they do.
Same for me. I think that a delay + VO DLC would actually be perfect for me (sorry other EU fans!), especially with the current release being that close to Gravity Rush 2.

jzbluz

The beginning of 2017 looked so good hype wise; Nintendo Switch blowout in January, Persona 5 in February, and last book in favorite series in March, but the book has been delayed to May and now a potential P5 delay to April. What's next? Nintendo Switch delay?

barybll

Banned

I wanted japanese voices
But not like this

I mean, I even booked vacations in 14 february.
I should probably buy some flight tickets instead then

Dugna

If it does get delayed for dual audio I actually will be fine with that, the JP cast for this game is amazing tons of high tier people....that and I want Lelouch as my damn persona voice lol

Makio

Dont know how true is this new delay is but i can already tell is John Hardin fault somehow #BlameHardin2K17

I think if they announce the original VO as DLC, especially iffree

Fuck it , since those weebs are been so annoying and demanding about it they deserve been charged for it , good chance for Atlus to exploit those "muh japanese or no buy" babies and get some extra bucks

I see the DLC announced at some point tho free or not , with delay or not just lets see how it goes.

I mean, they never said the delay was because of the voice DLC, and it sounds odd that it would be delayed to add DA but then not include it on disk.

If the delay was to be real, I doubt that would be the cause.

DNAbro

Please dear god no.

I don't personally believe it or want to believe Atlus USA could mess up that bad.

OrionX

So you're telling me Atlus is about to break my heart again, and on Valentine's day no less?

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in an abusive relationship.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it , since those weebs are been so annoying and demanding about it they deserve been charged for it , good chance for Atlus to exploit those "muh japanese or no buy" babies and get some extra bucks

You don't see the irony in complaining about weebs in a Persona thread? Also, you're coming across as a bit of an ass here in general to be honest.

Makio

Also, you're coming across as a bit of an ass here in general to be honest.

True enough, but still true Atlus should get some some extra money of people it seems so willing to pay $10-20 for it , not buy the game just for that or still bitching about it since they announce the localization

--------------------------------
So if the delay is true i suppose they annoumced in the livestream maybe.

True enough, but still true Atlus should get some some extra money of people it seems so willing to pay $10-20 for it , not buy the game just for that or still bitching about it since they announce the localization
$20 for JP voices would be FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS. JP voices are becoming more and more normal. I'm not entirely opposed to buying them, but there's no reason Altus should get more for doing that.

You don't see the irony in complaining about weebs in a Persona thread? Also, you're coming across as a bit of an ass here in general to be honest.
its really not surprising to get an inverse reaction to all the people decrying the english voices crap or even more fun the people that tell you that you are ruining anime for watching it english. I had enough people trying to tell me I'm enjoying media wrong in the recent blazblue dropping the dub fiasco.

of course

I see the DLC announced at some point tho free or not , with delay or not just lets see how it goes.
The combative attitude doesnt help. Try not to be like those that annoy you.

Still, I'd be pretty damn miffed if they delayed the game and adding dual audio was a reason.

Makio

$20 for JP voices would be FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS

Hahaha i mean Atlus DLC are not the cheapest in the bussiness but i just repeat comments you can easily find in Atlus social media i dont think they go that far if they sell it.
Either way even if they charged $0.10 people will still bitching about it since like you say is something they can just add despite they not gonna any reason to include it either in the first place if they not want to.

PD : Shadow say it better than me is that attitude of the "japanese audio" squad got me in my nerves , but true maybe i not use the best way to show and fell in the same level as those people

Dugna

its really not surprising to get an inverse reaction to all the people decrying the english voices crap or even more fun the people that tell you that you are ruining anime for watching it english. I had enough people trying to tell me I'm enjoying media wrong in the recent blazblue dropping the dub fiasco.

of course

The combative attitude doesnt help. Try not to be like those that annoy you.

Still, I'd be pretty damn miffed if they delayed the game and adding dual audio was a reason.

Not that I want to derail the convo but BB Central Fiction doesn't have a eng or japanese dub anymore?

PK Gaming

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here?

We've got an (uncorroborated) rumor about P5 potentially being delayed in the EU, but that's it. The "oh, but we'll get JP voices as compensation" reeks of "my dad works at Nintendo, trust me Sailor Moon will be in Smash Bros!"

Let's all just calm down before jumping to conclusions

muteki

$20 for JP voices would be FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS. JP voices are becoming more and more normal. I'm not entirely opposed to buying them, but there's no reason Altus should get more for doing that.

The talent in the JP VO work is worth more than 20$.

Which is probably the reason why the west will never see it officially, assuming the rumor isn't true.

OrionX

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here?

We've got an (uncorroborated) rumor about P5 potentially being delayed in the EU, but that's it. The "oh, but we'll get JP voices as compensation" reeks of "my dad works at Nintendo, trust me Sailor Moon will be in Smash Bros!"

Let's all just calm down before jumping to conclusions

NO IT'S TIME TO START PANICKING!
XD

Top Bottom