• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here?

We've got an (uncorroborated) rumor about P5 potentially being delayed in the EU, but that's it. The "oh, but we'll get JP voices as compensation" reeks of "my dad works at Nintendo, trust me Sailor Moon will be in Smash Bros!"

Let's all just calm down before jumping to conclusions

Hmmmm.

All I'm getting out if this is that Sailor Moon will be in Smash Bros. for Switch on launch day! How exciting!

In all seriousness though, you make a very good point.

jzbluz

We've got an (uncorroborated) rumor about P5 potentially being delayed in the EU, but that's it. The "oh, but we'll get JP voices as compensation" reeks of "my dad works at Nintendo, trust me Sailor Moon will be in Smash Bros!"

It's been too long, it's easier being pessimistic and then pleasantly surprised if the rumours turn out to be wrong.

More discussing hypotheticals than jumping to conclusions, I think.

Makio

It just strike me weird they got "delay" again and they go on with the marketing campaign like nothing happen (like livestream and such) , unless is Deep Silver is the one in Deep Sh.... and the rumor is just for the Europe folks

And about the Japanese audio dlc it seems a real possibility i mean they promise "news" in the livestream ... what they can announce beside add content since the game already got dates and special editions reveal

12BoM

Why are we giving this rumor any credit?

Here guys, a rumor. Believe me it's real:

Persona 5 actually releasing Jan 14th because localization went smoother than expected. Can't tell you my source but he is an insider. Insiders a real things, guys

asagami_

Banned
Persona 5 actually releasing Jan 14th because localization went smoother than expected.

This sounds like a joke, but literally happened with Trails of Cold Steel 2 :p

Anyway, I don't know what is more laughlable, if the existence of japanese voices or the fact will be free. I mean, we are talking about Atlus USA lol
I love them still.

jzbluz

Why are we giving this rumor any credit?

Here guys, a rumor. Believe me it's real:

Persona 5 actually releasing Jan 14th because localization went smoother than expected. Can't tell you my source but he is an insider. Insiders a real things, guys

But I wanted it in February!

Makio

Its been a weird road so far if someone tell me the game is coming out in December 24th because Joker wants to steal Christmas i gonna believe it .....

At this point i accept and deny everything ... even the Sailor Moon cameo and the port to Nintendo Switch

So that piece of official art on the back of the Japanese LE that is totally a heist movie poster. Did we ever get an official digital release of that artwork? All I have are photos of the box and that makes me sad.

Setsu00

I don't want to give this rumor more attention than it deserves, but I'm going to tear my hear out if this happens. February 14 is literally the best possible release date for me as it's during my spring break and I have two months to do whatever I want.

Oh well. It's not like I can do anything about it.

Lynx_7

So, where's that "poster has been verified" when you need it?
Bet his insider is that treacherous John Hardin fella!

Fdzve4dxT6zsqc7Ay2aL_0,,3524692_4,00.jpg

Lynx_7

Also, if this turns out to be true I want all of you to suffer alongside us Europeans.

I'm petty.

But what if they're translating it to other languages? Then it's your burden to bear! You shall suffer alone, damnit! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! JUST GIMME THE DAMN GAME ATLUS!
giphy.gif

OrionX

Also, if this turns out to be true I want all of you to suffer alongside us Europeans.

I'm petty.

But what if they're translating it to other languages? Then it's your burden to bear! You shall suffer alone, damnit! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! JUST GIMME THE DAMN GAME ATLUS!

Do you see, Atlus? Do you see what you've done to us? This wait has driven us to madness, turning brother against brother, friend against friend.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

It turns out Atlus had already translated the game and P5 was ready to ship last winter, but John decided to personally delay it to Valentine's Day 2017 specifically to troll us. Trust me, I was told by my second cousin, twice removed, who was adopted from glorious Nippon and he works for Atlus and Sega.

It turns out Atlus had already translated the game and P5 was ready to ship last winter, but John decided to personally delay it to Valentine's Day 2017 specifically to troll us. Trust me, I was told by my second cousin, twice removed, who was adopted from glorious Nippon and he works for Atlus and Sega.

Tinfoilhatsron
Today, 10:05 PM, Post #3020

Cubas

The most worrying part is that I don't really see the game being delayed in Europe and not in the USA. Not after the big deal they made out of the Deep Silver partnership.

Let's hope the rumour is bogus.

Eolz

According to an insider source I cannot disclose, Persona 5 would be delayed in the West (at least in Europe) to April. But as a compensation we would get the japanese voices as a free DLC.

To be officially announced in a few.

If the compensation is real, thank god.
If not, good old Atlus at it again. Will laugh hard if it's just Europe again, fucking hell.

The most worrying part is that I don't really see the game being delayed in Europe and not in the USA. Not after the big deal they made out of the Deep Silver partnership.

Let's hope the rumour is bogus.

It's an Atlus game in Europe, anything is possible.

#notlikeSMTIV

Dugna

Off subject but does anybody know the name of the revival item in persona 5? This isn't a spoiler so I hope somebody can answer....don't want to waste money on a item that doesn't do anything for me.

EDIT: Nvmd, I went to the wiki list of items and just google translated it.

Mediking

According to an insider source I cannot disclose, Persona 5 would be delayed in the West (at least in Europe) to April. But as a compensation we would get the japanese voices as a free DLC.

To be officially announced in a few.

I'm not playing around..... if you're trolling or just joking then just SAY you're joking and trolling. I'll roll my eyes at you but I'm not gonna hate you. But if this turns out to be true...... I won't be angry at you but I will be angry. I can't deal with another delay. I just can't. And this is coming from a guy who isn't screaming for Japanese voices. I can live without them. I mean.... damn. Just release it on Feb 14th and give a patch for the Japanese voices later if you really can't get it by launch. But if having Japanese voices at launch means a delay..................

OrionX

I'm not playing around..... if you're trolling or just joking then just SAY you're joking and trolling. I'll roll my eyes at you but I'm not gonna hate you. But if this turns out to be true...... I won't be angry at you but I will be angry. I can't deal with another delay. I just can't. And this is coming from a guy who isn't screaming for Japanese voices. I can live without them. I mean.... damn. Just release it on Feb 14th and give a patch for the Japanese voices later if you really can't get it by launch. But if having Japanese voices at launch means a delay..................

200.gif

Lol for real tho, I agree.

Makio

But what if they're translating it to other languages? Then it's your burden to bear!

Spanish text or no buy , Deep Silver.

-------

Can please the real John Hardin stand up and stop this madness ... no hero we deserve but the one we need right now.
People is losing their minds here.

Setsu00

Spanish text or no buy , Deep Silver.

-------

Can please the real John Hardin stand up and stop this madness ... no hero we deserve but the one we need right now.
People is losing their minds here.

They are saving the surprise for tomorrow's livestream :*

Makio

They are saving the surprise for tomorrow's livestream :*

True ... true.

Seeing Hardin twitter he say the livestream is going to be archived in both twitch and youtube.

So you can see the delay announcement , over and over and over for the next 5 months.

(Wait 5 months....oh now i get it).

Mediking

200.gif

Lol for real tho, I agree.

I've been fighting hard not to get spoiled and not let my hype reach crazy levels for Persona 5. I'm flashbacking to how I felt about Xenoblade Chronicles X. I didn't get spoiled and my hype was crazy high. I got so hyped that the game did not live to my expectations. I actually have a very bitter view of the game and even though I'm constantly told that it's actually good... I just can't return to it because I expected something different than what I got.

If Persona 5 gets delayed, I'll get angry. I'll shout. I'll eventually get over it but man... I'm gonna flip. No wonder they're gonna have giveaways in the livestream.. They need something to soften the blow of the delay if this is true.

The only people who might actually smile about is the people who want Japanese voices at launch.... Especially the guy on GAF with the damn dog avatar whose always begging for Japanese voices for Persona 5 in any damn Persona 5 thread.

Lunar15

A delay wouldn't bother me.

I was a critical hype levels, but now I've calmed down considerably since the game came out (no more speculation) and, well, since the election.

A delay would bother me a lot.

It wouldn't bother me that much, but... I was recently diagnosed with depression. When I first played P4, I was in a position where I wasn't depressed, but unhappy with a rut I was stuck in and the game managed to grab me in a way where it basically consumed me for a month. You know, when a game grabs you enough, real life goes on autopilot and you just want to live in that world until you finish. Add undiagnosed, but suspected, slightly obsessive tendencies and my mind just keeps ruminating against my will on the stuff frightening me and I could honestly just really use a reprieve like that right now. I've been watching gameplay through the first month and finding it calming in that way, but I don't really want to spoil much more of it.

In the end, it's just a video game and a delay is hardly the end of the world, but I'd be disappointed.

In that vein, I'd like to let you know that you're deeply appreciated, PersonaGAF. I've been avoiding a lot of the forum for the last few months for the sake of not triggering my anxiety, and it's always comforting to come back here and find people being amiable nerds about a beloved video game series. :)

It wouldn't bother me that much, but... I was recently diagnosed with depression. When I first played P4, I was in a position where I wasn't depressed, but unhappy with a rut I was stuck in and the game managed to grab me in a way where it basically consumed me for a month. You know, when a game grabs you enough, real life goes on autopilot and you just want to live in that world until you finish. Add undiagnosed, but suspected, slightly obsessive tendencies and my mind just keeps ruminating against my will on the stuff frightening me and I could honestly just really use a reprieve like that right now. I've been watching gameplay through the first month and finding it calming in that way, but I don't really want to spoil much more of it.

In the end, it's just a video game and a delay is hardly the end of the world, but I'd be disappointed.

In that vein, I'd like to let you know that you're deeply appreciated, PersonaGAF. I've been avoiding a lot of the forum for the last few months for the sake of not triggering my anxiety, and it's always comforting to come back here and find people being amiable nerds about a beloved video game series. :)

That was a touching read, man. The Persona series just gives me such good vibes, looking forward to feeling all of that again, and more with P5 soon.

I highly doubt it will get another delay IMO.

Mediking

You've been reading some of the stuff I've been saying??? Uh-oh.....

PK Gaming

If it makes you feel better, I can pretty relate much everything you've said. Well, not so much on the depression front, but generalized anxiety and OCD are things i'm currently struggling with atm and so I definitely get how important things like games are for keeping you going while dealing with that sort of thing. A delay at this point in the game would more than disappointing; not because I can't wait for it, but because we've waited for so long as is, and it'd kill some of the spirit I managed to work up in the coming months. That said, i'm feeling confident it won't happen. We should all know the futility of "hoping" for something because last week was a thing, but my gut tells me we'll be getting P5 on February (that and the fact that the rumor comes from literally one unverified user)

And no prob. Pgaf's is without a doubt the single best community thread on GAF. The other communities simply can't compare ♪

Top Bottom