• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Now we wait for Verendus

I really don't think he's comin' back.

You mean the screencap from the (somewhat spoilery) TVCM?

Nope!

Someone said they saw a stream from a lesser known site that showed the ending. No details have been posted anywhere regarding the ending though.

Yeah, this. Huh, curious situation though. I hadn't realized it was still up-in-the-air as to whether this was legit.

bigol

Didn't someone allegedly post the ending like four hours ago, anyway? Or was that not the case? That was around when I mentioned that it seemed like your "Verendus Deadline" had expired earlier than anticipated. :p

That was not the ending but there was a screencap of a new Japanese TV spot.

I really don't think he's comin' back.

I'm of a split mind. I believe jschrier probably has an extremely good reason to call him out but it seems weird to me that Verendus would troll (or be pathetic and making up impressions) this hard.

I think he'll come back.

wmlk

Keep in mind as the hours go by, the answer to the question I asked is more and more likely to be on the internet, because Peru.

He's going to need to do more now to make his claim, but if he has the game he should be able to make one, anyway.

Ran rp

- Verendus has impressions after beating FFXV, says he'll post them in a week with pics of the game
- GAFfers get a hold of this info, Verendus says it's typed out, I'll post it now if you want
- Posts it
- AlexFlame116 sends him a thank you pm
- jschrier of Kotaku, aka press sneak fuck, calls out Verendus to the effect of it not sounding like Verendus actually having played the game
- Now we wait for Verendus

fixed

Blobbers

I was gonna say that DQ XI on PS4 wasn't obvious because the main argument for the last decade against DQ on a Sony console has been "Horii always puts the mainline games on the best-selling platform", which was the 3DS at the time.
But I seem to remember Horii saying something about wanting to make the next dragon quest game on a powerful home console, which would put the PS4 in the running. did the Verendus post come before or after that statement?

Falk

that puzzling face
- Verendus has impressions after beating FFXV, says he'll post them in a week with pics of the game
- GAFfers get a hold of this info, Verendus says it's typed out, I'll post it now if you want
- Posts it
- jschrier of Kotaku, aka press sneak fuck, calls out Verendus to the effect of it not sounding like Verendus actually played the game
- Now we wait for Verendus

Keep in mind I PM'd Verendus less than an hour after after his impressions posts went up, a long time before Jason showed up.

Keep in mind as the hours go by, the answer to the question I asked is more and more likely to be on the internet, because Peru.
Yup.
Verified posters are only in verified to the extent that they are actually in a position to know information, the information itself isn't verified. Anonymous sources are not reliable, though they can be entertaining. How I miss 2013 and the era of cboat.

Lol, cboat gets auto corrected to Christ.
Important distinction.

I was gonna say that DQ XI on PS4 wasn't obvious because the main argument for the last decade against DQ on a Sony console has been "Horii always puts the mainline games on the best-selling platform", which was the 3DS at the time.
But I seem to remember Horii saying something about wanting to make the next dragon quest game on a powerful home console, which would put the PS4 in the running. did the Verendus post come before or after that statement?

Horii actually said he would like to play DQ XI on a big screen.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is an example of such misinformation having spread surrounding the game, heh. What the Edge author said was that there's a particular dungeon later in the game with a very Resident Evil sort of a vibe to it. He brought this up as an example of how differently the second half can operate; he wasn't seeming to suggest the whole back half is like that.

...I just said that, to make a Falk/puzzle joke.

Soriku

Cboat was here for far longer than Verendus was. I've been a lurker since 2009 on this site, and generally speaking, unless your bish checked, you can pretty much say a lot of stuff and without someone there to specifically call you out, or come down on you in a super major event, its not really here nor there.

Cboat was banned at one point and he barely posts here anymore.

Also those other 'insiders' are just small fry compared to Verendus in terms of posting volume regarding rumors.

Limality

Banned
Can amyone quickly summarize what was said that has everyone in such a tizzy?

Verendus posts impressions of FFXV

jschreier says most of what he wrote could be picked out from various previews

everybody now has a pitchfork and a torch and are now knocking on verendus door to demand proof of legitimacy

some brave villagers stand in front of the mob to make a point

etc etc.

that's about it.

Verendus mentioned the 2 mainline DQ Games in early 2015 (Jan/Feb) - (i still have it via pm)
Horii said those things in July (if i didn't miss out an earlier interview/statement)

Keep in mind I PM'd Verendus less than an hour after after his impressions posts went up, a long time before Jason showed up.

Ah yea, this too. Though, given the state of the leaks, for Verendus he pretty much either confirms it for everyone involved or no one.

Anything outside of a save file picture or something without date stamps is far too easy to scrutinize.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can someone please summarize his impressions for me? Thanks.

lead_largetnu9p.jpg

dream

I'm of a split mind. I believe jschrier probably has an extremely good reason to call him out but it seems weird to me that Verendus would troll (or be pathetic and making up impressions) this hard.

I think he'll come back.

It might be worth considering that Verendus is a member of WrestlingGAF, a community where members roleplay and pretend to be professional wrestlers by "cutting promos." This could just be a WrestlingGAFfer taking it a little bit too far.

edit: I think I might be right. I just looked at the WrestlingGAF thread and Verendus is a hero to them.

To be honest I was suspicious of Verendus when he expressed that the combat system was one of the most enjoyable he's ever played. It holds together well enough that I don't believe it will keep the game back, but after three demos worth of playing it I don't believe it's anything particularly remarkable.

Nohar

Well, that thread took quite a turn.

I guess I'll go back to wait for the game's release and beyond, as I won't buy it until February (no PS4 + moving out). Reviews will be out by then, and I will have plenty of time to discern if the gameplay will be something I like or not. In any case, the following days are going to be quite interesting on GAF.
Frankly, I'm mostly curious about the fact that Verendus implied that FFXV
pulls a reverse-FFXIII: open-world exclusively in the first half, and a more straigh-lined progression for the second half, with the possibility to come back to the rest of the world despite that not making any sense story-wise.

Well, that thread took quite a turn.

I guess I'll go back to wait for the game's release and beyond, as I won't buy it until February (no PS4 + moving out). Reviews will be out by then, and I will have plenty of time to discern if the gameplay will be something I like or not. In any case, the following days are going to be quite interesting on GAF.
Frankly, I'm mostly curious about the fact that Verendus implied that FFXV
pulls a reverse-FFXIII: open-world exclusively in the first half, and a more straigh-lined progression for the second half, with the possibility to come back to the rest of the world despite that not making any sense story-wise.

Regarding your spoiler, I think that's already been confirmed as accurate.

aadiboy

The thing is, as more real leaks come out for the game, Verendus can just post those as proof that he got the game early. The only way for him to prove it now would be for him to show mid-late game offscreen gameplay footage with a Verendus sign somewhere in the video. It would have to be a new area we haven't seen yet.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
To be honest I was suspicious of Verendus when he expressed that the combat system was one of the most enjoyable he's ever played. It holds together well enough that I don't believe it will keep the game back, but after three demos worth of playing it I don't believe it's anything particularly remarkable.
I'm really digging the combat, and if it scales up in complexity I'd be surprised if it wasn't a great system.

Not everyone likes everything.

I'm really digging the combat, and if it scales up in complexity I'd be surprised if it wasn't a great system.

Not everyone likes everything.

I haven't seen anything to suggest it scales up in complexity. The full Ascension system has been revealed and mostly lends passive buffs or attacks for your party of all things rather than systems or abilities that change the game for Noctis himself. As for the combat itself, it has blatant points of frustration like prioritizing animation over smooth gameplay and automating actions that should really be under player control.

I'm really happy you like it and that in general the first action Final Fantasy seems to be able to stand on its own two legs. I'd like to see the series continue in this direction. But it seems like if you get bored of warping and normal attacks, there isn't a lot left for you.

jb1234

I think it's okay when you're just fighting a couple of enemies but when it's a small army, it's just a disaster. That's why I'm hoping that Wait mode makes that a little more tolerable.

HeelPower

So it already happened.Got a nasty boss fight spoiler as a suggested video on YT.

Guys how do I reset my suggested videos thingy ? Deleting my YT history doesnt seem enough.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think it's okay when you're just fighting a couple of enemies but when it's a small army, it's just a disaster. That's why I'm hoping that Wait mode makes that a little more tolerable.

Yo, that's when you do when you're fighting a shit ton of enemies in ATB systems.

AOE!

So it already happened.Got nasty a boss fight spoiler as a suggested video on YT.

Guys how do I reset my suggested videos thingy ? Deleting my YT history doesnt seem enough.

Incognito. Or better yet, stop using YT.

Squire

Banned
Verendus posted is impressions because people were asking for it, me being one of them, he already planned to post it next week closer to release, with a picture prooving he had and played the game.

so i dont get this thing some of you are now doing, going after the guy for whatever reason, i know he likes to troll, but dont any of you think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Or is this just an elaborate ruse or something.

Answered your own question right before you asked it.

Zach

It might be worth considering that Verendus is a member of WrestlingGAF, a community where members roleplay and pretend to be professional wrestlers by "cutting promos." This could just be a WrestlingGAFfer taking it a little bit too far.

edit: I think I might be right. I just looked at the WrestlingGAF thread and Verendus is a hero to them.
WrassleGAF is always worthy of consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom