• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's okay when you're just fighting a couple of enemies but when it's a small army, it's just a disaster. That's why I'm hoping that Wait mode makes that a little more tolerable.

Wait mode is actually really cool from what I've seen, yeah! To be honest, if it was expanded and polished so that an entire game could be developed around the concept of wait mode, it could be the next big thing for Final Fantasy and turn-based RPGs in general. The potential is insane, and even as a secondary mode in XV it delivers something that looks incredible.

Tyaren

8bSJZP2.gif

Yeah, eat this Igns! >:D
Worst bro.

Squire

Banned
It might be worth considering that Verendus is a member of WrestlingGAF, a community where members roleplay and pretend to be professional wrestlers by "cutting promos." This could just be a WrestlingGAFfer taking it a little bit too far.

edit: I think I might be right. I just looked at the WrestlingGAF thread and Verendus is a hero to them.

His posts have always read like they're written by someone playing a character (that they themselves are far more enthralled with than anyone around them), so this makes all the sense in the world.

aadiboy

In retrospect, all of Verendus' rumors on new IP seemed very vague. He only seemed to make definitive statements on new games in established series, which would be fairly easy for any layman. If he had given specific information on a new IP, such as the title, or some other information that would have to be either true or false, I would be more likely to believe him.

And I don't believe the "spreading false info to leave people off his scent" excuse. For one thing, there are probably hundreds of people in the know who would be culpable if any real rumors of these games were sent out. How would any one be able to track him down specifically among all the rest of the people working on the game?

FarmerGiles

So it already happened.Got a nasty boss fight spoiler as a suggested video on YT.

Guys how do I reset my suggested videos thingy ? Deleting my YT history doesnt seem enough.

Yeah, I imagine I got the same suggested boss fight video. I'm not particularly bothered by that alone but I'm not liking the sign of things to come.

Came in hoping for some vague indication as to whether the game had been worth the wait, instead I find something far more intriguing.

Also, is it just me or did da genius Kojima predict this thread as well? Don't we live in a post truth world? "No one is invalidated but no one is right" :l

Tyaren

So it already happened.Got a nasty boss fight spoiler as a suggested video on YT.

Guys how do I reset my suggested videos thingy ? Deleting my YT history doesnt seem enough.

Yeah, I imagine I got the same suggested boss fight video. I'm not particularly bothered by that alone but I'm not liking the sign of things to come.

Just got spoilered by probably the same video suggestion on Youtube. D: Great, I can't use Youtube in the coming days anymore...

Ploid 3.0

Came in hoping for some vague indication as to whether the game had been worth the wait, instead I find something far more intriguing.

Also, is it just me or did da genius Kojima predict this thread as well? Don't we live in a post truth world? "No one is invalidated but no one is right" :l

Turns out Kojima was too vague to be called a genius. His crazy would eventually make sense.

meerak

are there any gifs or spoiler free gameplay of Wait Mode? It's about the only thing I want to see before playing the game...

aadiboy

So when someone provides proof to get verified, they just have to prove that they are in a position to know the information that they spread, right? But is the proof irrefutable, or is it just taken at face value? For example, if someone provides some sort of documentation that they work at X company, how do you know that they didn't just fake it? And unless the company they work for is directly involved with the game, how do you know they would even know the information? Is Verendus just a troll who got lucky?

So when someone provides proof to get verified, they just have to prove that they are in a position to know the information that they spread, right? But is the proof irrefutable, or is it just taken at face value? For example, if someone provides some sort of documentation that they work at X company, how do you know that they didn't just fake it? And unless the company they work for is directly involved with the game, how do you know they would even know the information? Is Verendus just a troll who got lucky?

No. Hes got a lot of posts, ranging back to 2013 at least.

He trolls a lot, is vague but he does know stuff.

I'm not sure what documentation mods request, but I think there have been times when insiders have been verified as "seeming" to be insiders rather than outright confirmation

Verendus is A) a troll, B) he know stuff, C) he sometimes gets lucky. The problem with that is parsing out the truth.

But a lot of the stuff he "knew" seemed to be things that anyone could predict.

There's a difference between predicting a couple of things and being the guy that drops info about DQ, SFV, BB and so on.

And no, I don't consider those three easy predictions or stuff anyone could've called.

Servbot24

Banned
Why are we so fascinated with Verendus? So one guy maybe lied about playing the game and we get a ton of pages about it? Who cares if he lied, ignore him. I think I must be missing something.

Ploid 3.0

Making stuff up for attention is okay as long as you're doing it specifically to mock others, I guess.

I respect the poster because effort was put into it, I got trolled thinking the battle system will pay off in the full game, becoming something someone considers the best combat system ever.

I took a look at the wrestling thread and the info about people there role playing as wrestlers. I think that's good that they have a space for that, but this guy, if it's all fake, took it a bit far. If so, I enjoy that he got me, and it was a good distraction for me this weekend as I continue to wait on high end tactical battle footage.

And of course, I saw these posts.

is verendus not trolling for once

I would absolutely give it up for him if it was a troll. It would be masterful.

zoomhope7yj2s.gif
----------------------------------------------

Why are we so fascinated with Verendus? So one guy maybe lied about playing the game and we get a ton of pages about it? Who cares if he lied, ignore him. I think I must be missing something.

We're waiting on leaks, this is the highlight so far. Nothing new has come up other than someone else getting it in another place, but it may be a lie because the picture may be someone else's.

Edit: Oh my, a new stream, and it's not the very beginning :D

jesu

ooft! at Verendus not coming back, I thought he was a bona fide Sony insider.
I wonder why he got away with it for so long.

ferr

It's not just that. If you go back a few pages you'll see that he actually made up FFXV as well. It was all a hoax.

aadiboy

Because if he's a liar, he should just come out and say it. Not lead everyone on and continue to post "rumors" that he himself made up. And if he's not lying, he should be able to prove that as well.

jesu

I suppose it's because he's been claiming to be a Sony insider/employee for years.
And he got away with it for years.
And if it turns out he's been faking it for years...
Bit like when CBOAT was outed as being full of shit.

Lynx_7

It's not just that. If you go back a few pages you'll see that he actually made up FFXV as well. It was all a hoax.

I can't wait to grab my copy of FF XV only to be greeted by Verendus' avatar and the words "Balee dat" instead of the title screen. Which brings us to the next point:

Turns out Kojima was too vague to be called a genius. His crazy would eventually make sense.

Kojima is Verendus confirmed. FF XV was a ruse. Tabata is just a CG character and the press is in on the joke. The real Tabata has been dead for over 100 years.

wmlk

That was undoubtedly the worst live gameplay I've ever seen. Learn to read a map, man.

This really is why we get corridor dungeons.

jb1234

That was undoubtedly the worst live gameplay I've ever seen. Learn to read a map, man.

This really is why we get corridor dungeons.

I giggled my way through it. But it is nice to see that SE is putting some work into their dungeon design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom