• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post the three control schemes?

zqEpsQ1h.jpg

Feep

Banned
There's kind of a soft lock-on if you hold R1, and then while holding, hit R3. It maintains the lockon without having to hold.

Royal Arms reduce HP on swing.

Serpico99

I'm not the biggest FF fan (X is my fav) but I'm enjoying this game. It's not the greatest thing in the world but it's a quality game. FF might not be living its glory days but it is not taking a dive like Resident Evil.

Nostalgia is a cruel mistress for some here.

I'm not the biggest FF fan (X is my fav) but I'm enjoying this game. It's not the greatest thing in the world but it's a quality game. FF might not be living its glory days but it is not taking a dive like Resident Evil.

Nostalgia is a cruel mistress for some here.
Re7 looks great tho...

Still got room on there I think, over 60gb.

Anyone? :(
I can't save, and the game keeps reminding me I can't and don't know what's wrong.

If I were you I'd try logging in and out of your profile and if that doesn't work then try reinstalling the game. Can't think of anything else to try.

Awesome! I actually sorta like 13 and 13-2 but hated lightning returns....couldn't even finish that one.

lol I'm on the opposite side. Didn't care for XIII, hated XIII-2 with passion, enjoyed LR a lot. Battle system and music made LR a very enjoyable experience to me. I still believe it has the best combat in the entire series.

Socivol

Alright so I just finished playing for the day I clocked in about 8 1/2 hours here are my impressions thus far.

Characters

I think the main cast is really well done. I really, really enjoy Prompto his VA did a perfect job and he's just overall hilarious and really likable. Gladio and Ignis' English voices don't annoy me anymore but they aren't the best. I think Noctis' voice is good for the most part but when he tries to be emotional it sometimes falls flat. I think a lot of the voice issues have to do with the fact they weren't together recording the lines but then the lines were put together to make it seem like a conversation. Overall, I've really enjoyed my time with the guys and just hearing them talk about random stuff.

Combat

I really, really, really enjoy the combat in this game. It's probably my favorite combat system in the series to date. It is just really run once you get the hang of it. You have so many tactical options as Noctis and the AI for your buddies is surprisingly very competent. Mobs are plentiful (unlike the Judgement demo) and pressing square to win is really not an option. To be successful knowing when to defend is critical (and not just when the parry prompt appears either!). One thing I do dislike is there is no dedicated cure spell for Noctis (I have yet to find it if there is one) but Ignis does have a technique that remedies this issue to a degree. Magic is an interesting system that promotes a lot of trial and error in coming up with the best magic combinations. Overall I'm having a great time with the combat

World Building

There are some really awesome touches they have incorporated to make you really get a sense of the world in FF XV. One of my favorites is listening to radios in random places (ie on the counter in shops) and hearing about the goings on in the world. The monsters fit seamlessly into the world and really feel like they belong there. That is not to say some stupid aspects are stupid (specifically something that is said about currency early on) and nonsensical.

Story

The biggest disappointment so far has definitely been the (lack of) story. I am only in Chapter 3 but the fact that you have to wait until the beginning of Chapter 3 to get a first glimpse of the majority of antagonists is problematic. They also lack an introduction for said antagonists. If you did not watch Kingsglaive you will be extremely confused. Finding out about the what happened in Insomnia also fell completely flat and the fact that other characters seemingly have nobody in the city they are worried about is just odd. I can see why some people have said characters > story in this game because the character building up to this point has been excellent the story building has been pretty shitty. I really advise everyone to watch Kingsglaive so you have a better grasp on the story because it isn't explained well at all if you lack that background knowledge.

I think that's it for now. I'm having a really good time playing this thus far.

Finished ch1 took me 5 hrs and 50 mins with exploring, side quests, minigames and hunts.

Enjoying the story so far granted, I've seen all the multimedia

HotHamBoy

The more I read about the impressions for the game, even the good ones, the more convinced I am that I will not like it.

Thing is, unless you watched brotherhood and KG I feel many will be lost.

This is part of it. I also think that people are probably being more forgiving because hype and hope levels are through the roof.

I have a feeling this is a game that will not be as appealing to the mainstream, which is what SE needs to recoup the investment.

DatAhmedz

Don't know if anyone mentioned it and I don't recall seeing it in the tutorials, but apparently you can regenerate your stamina instantaneously while sprint by pressing R3 right before the bar depleats (if you have the stamina bar showing).

chefbags

So unrelated but does anyone know of a place selling it early in socal? The long Beach one doesn't seem like they'll have stock soon so I just wanna know of another place to hit up.

If you do please pm me! Thank you!

Edit:just called. they definitely sold out :( so pretty please if you know a place, a pm would be wonderful :)

J-Skee

Guys, I have a legitimate question: is the Deluxe Edition worth getting or am I better off sticking with the standard? Read that Kingsglaive scenes were patched into the game.

Is there anyone who has seen the entirety of the ring magic/summoning systems and who would be okay with me PMing them some questions? Been trying to get straight answers on these for a few days but it's tough when trying to avoid spoilers.

Toth

Finished ch1 took me 5 hrs and 50 mins with exploring, side quests, minigames and hunts.

Enjoying the story so far granted, I've seen all the multimedia

Had to spend some time on FFXI tonight but I was able to do one hunt and am now going after the big beastie for Cindy. Almost 2 hours in already. The world is immense and really fun to explore. I really think SE's approach to just let you explore, let the world breath and hold back on the serious parts of the story at the start has worked thus far. We all know FFXII and XIII threw way too much story at you at the start and kept you from actually exploring the worlds for some time.

Nya

Is there anyone who has seen the entirety of the ring magic/summoning systems and who would be okay with me PMing them some questions? Been trying to get straight answers on these for a few days but it's tough when trying to avoid spoilers.

I can answer you if you want.

Tohsaka

Is the game locked at 30FPS on PS4 Pro with the current patch? I know it's supposed to get a "stable" 60FPS patch in December, but I was wondering if it's capable of hitting 60FPS at all right now or what. I have it pre-ordered but I'm just trying to decide whether or not I should wait to play it until the next patch.

Is the game locked at 30FPS on PS4 Pro with the current patch? I know it's supposed to get a "stable" 60FPS patch in December, but I was wondering if it's capable of hitting 60FPS at all right now or what. I have it pre-ordered but I'm just trying to decide whether or not I should wait to play it until the next patch.
Playing on lite haven't no drops or framepacing.. on high you do notice the framepacing no drops tho thus far.

Had to spend some time on FFXI tonight but I was able to do one hunt and am now going after the big beastie for Cindy. Almost 2 hours in already. The world is immense and really fun to explore. I really think SE's approach to just let you explore, let the world breath and hold back on the serious parts of the story at the start has worked thus far. We all know FFXII and XIII threw way too much story at you at the start and kept you from actually exploring the worlds for some time.

Yeah, I'm sort of grateful for the supposed
linear
second half, cause the world it's big.

I find the lack of in your face story and the more subtle story via dialog and world exposition at the start is a nice change of pace. Maybe it's just me.

Accidentally walked into the spoiler thread but some of those impressions seem brutal. Particularly about stuff being removed.

Literally all impressions from the press were extremely positive. Most impressions from GAF and early adopters are positive as well. 99% of those shitting all over it haven't played one bit of it, as GAF hyperbole is gonna do its thing.

Trace

Banned
Literally all impressions from the press were extremely positive. Most impressions from GAF and early adopters are positive as well. 99% of those shitting all over it haven't played one bit of it, as GAF hyperbole is gonna do its thing.

Spoiler threads before launch, especially for a game like FFXV will gravitate towards negatives IMO, mostly because people that really want to play the game will avoid that thread while people that don't care/actively dislike it will go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom