• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I would be a bit disappointed if only those games are playable.

Other than BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey, the rest aren't huge titles as much as I love Splatoon and Mario Kart.
I need something like Metroid to complete it all.

If something like metroid is coming I highly doubt it would be playable. That sounds like high quality E3 bait.

I would be a bit disappointed if only those games are playable.

Other than BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey, the rest aren't huge titles as much as I love Splatoon and Mario Kart.
I need something like Metroid to complete it all.

We are about to get Odyssey and Zelda and Splatoon and kart within launch window and that's not enough?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Super Mario Odyssey would make sense, based on the Mexican-themed level in the Switch trailer.

Since its rumored to have two-player co-op, maybe one person flies the plane and the other is a gunner. That would be sweet.

Even if this 4chan list is real, why are people acting like those are the only games that will be available for Switch? Isn't the "list" supposedly just the demos that will be available to play? Try judging a Sony or Microsoft E3 event by the games that are playable on the show floor.

Something I would love for redeem time and Metroid.

Metroid having the same style of fast gameplay and 2D-3D as Other M
Directed or produced by Sakamoto, knowing full well about the shortcomings and criticism of Other M and trying to emulate better the Super Metroid and Zero Mission formula (less talking, better level and map desing, etc...)
Studio in charge is Next level Games with the same liberty as in Punch-Out!! Amazing animations for Samus and enemies, but with an artstyle that tries to emeulate the Super Metroid artwork in 3D.
Kensuke Tanabe is out of the equation.
Yamamoto is the composer.
Placed after Fusion, the bad guys are the federation

That would actually redeem Sakamoto and NLG (although NLG didnt have the fault of anything in Fedeartion Force), would return the game to its roots and wpuld take the good aspects of Other M (because, as much as some people say no, there are, like the agile movement of Samus).

Not happening, but a man can dream.

AdanVC

I just wake up and I'm at work now. It seems there has been some leaks but I'm going through the pages and I don't quite seem to understand what those leaks exactly where. Can someone summarize them? Would be much appreciated! Thanks! Just less than 12 hours nowwwww

NSESN

Portable Mario Kart 8 is actually a pretty great way to show your product. These demos aren't just for the games, but also for the capabilities of the system itself.

I am just saying that the only port in the leak is Disgaea 5, even then it seems like an expanded port.
Even Zelda isn't in the leak and we know there will be demos for it.

Nairume

Banned
They could just decide not show those games and
DQXI was just shown there won't be anything new to show as it's probably not even running on Switch at the moment.
Mind that the stuff in the leak is explicitly just stuff that is a) playable at the event and b) was out at the time the leaker was setting up stuff. Clearly there is more than just what's in the leak.

Even if this 4chan list is real, why are people acting like those are the only games that will be available for Switch? Isn't the "list" supposedly just the demos that will be available to play? Try judging a Sony or Microsoft E3 event by the games that are playable on the show floor.
Yeah, it didn't even sound like he was saying that was everything playable. Just what was out on the floor at the point he was working.

I am just saying that the only port in the leak is Disgaea 5, even then it seems like an expanded port.
Even Zelda isn't in the leak and we know there will be demos for it.
Zelda was in the original leak, along with Just Dance and Skylanders, they didn't include it in the poll.

Vena

Yes. It's possible everything isn't set up yet. If it is, then yes, that would be the complete lineup (for Europe). But since the 4chan post is quite brief, there's no way to know this.

These things are also region specific with what they provide, since some games may not launch (ever) in a region.

Zelda was in the original leak, along with Just Dance and Skylanders, they didn't include it in the poll.

Skylanders is weird, isn't the franchise dead?

Hermii

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/819582554311393281

House-Of-Cards.jpg
If only some of it is the real deal, that says lucky guesses to me.

Maiar_m

No need to really do deep reseraches, this guy's a fraud. He was adamant the NX would be more powerful than the PS4 Pro. He's only looking for more clicks on its website.

Internet "this guys is a fraud" ≠ proof the guy is a fraud. Context and relevant info are always needed and we should provide people with enough data so they can make their own mind about it. Chièze historically got more right than wrong, and some big wrongs. He still got some stuff right.

oti

Banned
I hope people have learned a lesson about leakers at least. Don't trust them blindly. Think for yourself. Maybe listen to reason more than just twitter fame.

iFirez

More details on the system plus a release date.
Lauch titles.
Launch window titles.
Future titles teased.

That's the safest prediction I can make for the presentation.

Oersted

Yes. It's possible everything isn't set up yet. If it is, then yes, that would be the complete lineup (for Europe). But since the 4chan post is quite brief, there's no way to know this.

Availibility at a Preview Event does neither mean they are launch games, nor all launch games.

Hello Folks. I did some research and, while not definitive, may lend some truth to the leak.

supermarioodyssey.com is registered to CSC Corporate Domains

CSC handles most of Nintendo's domains, but note that they also handle tons of domains.

The last update to the domain was around 10:04 EST by CSC Corporate Domains.

TLDR: The company that handles Nintendo's domains currently has supermarioodyssey.com and updated the domain today.

Not a confirmation, but noteworthy.

Sauce

Man, if that 4chan leak is real, we're in for Wii U reveal levels of disappointment.

Ok maybe not that bad, but close.

I feel like I'm on dust you guys saying this stuff is crazy to me. 3D Mario and Zelda within launch window alone sounds fucking leagues ahead of Wii U already. Plus ports of two of the best Wii U games? The extra bonus games sound solid too. Fast RMX? Bomberman?? This system has a great couple months ahead of it

Eh, I don't know, no Retro means no Prime, so that would mean me being dissapointed most probably...

Unless Nintendo secretly formed a Secret Development team with ex-retro staff + ex-Rare staff + ex-Factor 5 staff to make the definitive Metriod Prime game!! Chuuuu Chuuuu!!

Just give me Prime Trilogy HD on Switch and I will withstand no next chapter at least...

Without wii controls would be nice as well.

Xdrive05

Are folks thinking the leak is all that will be in tonight's presentation? Doesn't seem to be. The leak is what will be playable/demoed, and maybe what will be there at launch. There should be a lot more revealed that is not ready for demos yet. At least that stands to reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom