• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LhpsWp1.png

so excited :0

This launch line-up gotta be one of the worst ever.

If this would qualify as one of the worst ever, I'd question how many launches you've actually experienced day one.

Open-world Zelda/Splatoon sequel/Possibly a new 3D Mario at launch easily makes this stronger than the PS4/XB1 launches.

Hello Folks. I did some research and, while not definitive, may lend some truth to the leak.

supermarioodyssey.com is registered to CSC Corporate Domains

CSC handles most of Nintendo's domains, but note that they also handle tons of domains.

The last update to the domain was around 10:04 EST by CSC Corporate Domains.

TLDR: The company that handles Nintendo's domains currently has supermarioodyssey.com and updated the domain today.

Not a confirmation, but noteworthy.

Sauce

The following domains are hosted on the same CSC server:

"marioanddonkeykong.com
marioandluigi.de
marioandluigidreamadventure.com
marioandluigidreamteambros.com
mariofanboy.com
mariogolfworldtour.com
mariohoops.co.uk
mario.info
mariokart3d.it
mariokart3ds.de
mariokart3ds.lu
mariokart3ds.ru
mariokartadvance.info
mariokart.lu
mariokartmemories.com
mariokiller.com
mariominilandmayhem.com
marionpatch.com
marioparty3d.be
marioparty3d.de
marioparty3d.ru
mariottdriven.com
mariovalentino.biz
mariovalentino.com
mariovsdkminilandmayhem.ca
mariovsdktippingstars.com
mariovsdonkeykongminilandmayhem.ca
mariovsdonkeykong.pt"

Some other Nintendo sites appear.

https://dnsdumpster.com/

search supermarioodyssey,com

"Find hosts sharing this IP address"

Note: There are TONS of domains listed. Still have some doubt, but doing what digging I can.

DonShula

I feel like I'm on dust you guys saying this stuff is crazy to me. 3D Mario and Zelda within launch window alone sounds fucking leagues ahead of Wii U already. Plus ports of two of the best Wii U games? The extra bonus games sound solid too. Fast RMX? Bomberman?? This system has a great couple months ahead of it

Agreed. Not sure where that type of talk is coming from. If the leak list is simply the day one lineup, I can't wrap my head around calling it weak. We know we will see more today and we know we will get more this year.

Honestly if true I could just see it being a case of Nintendo wanting to focus on their own games at a preview event rather than an indication of third party support

AdanVC

Ok I just saw that 4chan leak. Man, just the fact that BoTW, Splatoon 2 and a brand new 3D Mario will be playable it's universal years better than Wii U's launch. I already got the thinking of just purchasing those three games only if they came at launch. With a bunch of third party ones such as Skyrim. Now I'm just worried there won't be a lot of western 3rd party games :c

I hope people have learned a lesson about leakers at least. Don't trust them blindly. Think for yourself. Maybe listen to reason more than just twitter fame.

Ha, no one has learned anything. Give it until the next "leaker" says something on Twitter and people will be right back at it. Hell, it could be the exact same "leaker" as before. No one will care.

Qwark

Can somebody clarify something for me? I've seen it posted before that with the Switch's docking mechanism, it will no longer be possible to have a different screen on the gamepad vs what's show on the tv, a la Nintendoland. Is this true? That kind of multiplayer was one of my favorite parts of the Wii U, so I'll be disappointed if it's removed.

If nobody knows yet, I guess I can wait till tonight to find out.

orioto

Good Art™
I see too great symbol (for me) in that leak.

Bomberman at launch, it's been a while...
Disgaea 5 >> It represents the kind of Vita/PS4 games that Nintendo has to steal to conquer japan fully. Not huge sale wise but it represent a demographic that is not specially on Nintendo console. An older group liking Nipon Ichi but also falcom games for exemple.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I started trying to go to sleep at 3AM. I went to sleep at 6AM. It is now 11 AM and am fully awake. The event starts at 10 PM my timezone. I'll probably be awake due to hype until atleast 2 AM. I have not been sleeping that well lately. My eyes are already burning due to lack of sleep. Its going to be a long day. Help. :(

Yes if I can already play BOTW ON Wii U.

Exactly that's why I find nothing ground breaking for wii U buyers.

European launch: May 3, 2002

2002 FIFA World Cup
Batman: Vengeance
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Burnout
Cel Damage
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney's Tarzan Freeride
Donald Duck: Quack Attack
Driven
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
International Superstar Soccer 2
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure
Wave Race: Blue Storm
XG3: Extreme G Racing
That was the launch line up of the Gamecube in Europe.

DonShula

Come on guys, PS4 launched with Killzone Shadowfall AND Knack. Xbox One had Dead Rising 4 and Ryse! Ya'll are insane if you think Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon make up a better launch.

Thank you for this perspective. The best PS4 launch game was probably flipping Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

PMS341

Hello Folks. I did some research and, while not definitive, may lend some truth to the leak.

CSC handles most of Nintendo's domains, but note that they also handle tons of domains.

TLDR: The company that handles Nintendo's domains currently has supermarioodyssey.com and updated the domain today.

Sauce

Interesting. Also, this little part interests me:

Logo has a plane in it, implying a new flight mechanic.

Guess those rings at the end of this GIF make a little more sense now:

new_Mario_Game.gif

You'd have to "fly" to get through them, in some sense. And so far I can only think of two ways Mario can fly:

JAOn3mK.png

kWBtMj4.png

The return of the Sky Pop? The return of Sarasaland, perhaps?! Tatanga and Daisy too? I know it might be a stretch, but I'm dreaming.

Nairume

Banned
I see too great symbol (for me) in that leak.

Bomberman at launch, it's been a while...
Disgaea 5 >> It represents the kind of Vita/PS4 games that Nintendo has to steal to conquer japan fully. Not huge sale wise but it represent a demographic that is not specially on Nintendo console. An older group liking Nipon Ichi but also falcom games for exemple.
And, again, it says a lot that NIS might be leading off with Disgaea 5, rather than their usual thing of yet another D1/Phantom Brave port.

kubus

"Odyssey" just doesn't sound right to me. I actually had to look up the right spelling before posting. Normally Nintendo titles have easy to pronounce, simple subtitles. Super Mario Land/World/Galaxy. Everyone knows these words, even a kid. Odyssey though? I live in the Netherlands which has one of the highest EF EPI scores of the world and I think most people here could not tell you what odyssey means. Actually, I didn't really know what it is either... I just looked it up :p.

My point is, it doesn't really seem very Nintendo-like and it sounds like the subtitle of a fanmade Mario game.

Sauce

That just proves the 4chan guy can hunt around the internet for obscure info, something we already knew thanks to the frozenbyte patent, id also imagine nintendo have a tonne of supermario************.com domains registered

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
People are fucking crazy, I tell ya.

Please, can you name any console release with 3 huge IPs attached to it?
I will be waiting.

Keep in mind people are mostly saying it's "meh" for them, not that it's a bad launch line up in general appeal or anything.

Every console launch is going to be "meh" for a fair amount of folks as there are relatively few great games (if any really--PS4 and X1 launch for many, e.g.) so they can't cover ever genre and some are going to be disinterested.

This is shaping up to be a great launch line up for the majority of Nintendo fans. And that's what they needed to do as that's the group that will early adopt and keep it selling the first 2-3 months.

It's the period after that launch window were they can start putting out more stuff in different genres that may bring in some of the people that are tired of/never into Zelda and Mario.

Instro

We discussed this yesterday and I'll say I'm fully on board for ChAIR. It'd be a great UE4 showcase.

I mean it's probably a long shot, but it would a cool fit if they goong for another 2D entry. I really liked the idea after you mentioned it yesterday.

I don't know. Metroid has been running a smooth 60fps on consoles up till now. From Soft isn't exactly known for good tech.

To be fair, Metroid has been able to do that by segmenting the areas up into smallish pieces behind doors, and only loading one at a time.

A Metroid game also needs Kenji Yamamoto's (Prime, Super Metroid) music.

Agree there, although I get the impression that he really isnt doing much work anymore. It always seems to be his team doing the composition work these days.

NSESN

I think there will be way more than the leak, but i think it's good to expect just what it is on it to not suffer a meltdown like some people are already having.
And, imo, it should be enough for me. A new zelda, a new mario and a new Splatoon at launch should be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom