• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcanoe

Neo Member
Mine might be actually on the way from Walmart. Its moving through shipping stages, left FedEx. I might even get it tomorrow. I will post back if I do :)

I went to Best Buy yesterday in LA to see if they had any of the cases. The whole area was decimated, everything gone except for 1 right joycon and those small boxes look sad alone lol.

Faiz

This got me excited. Told my wife. She nixed it immediately. It's been a rough week for her at home, she's had our son all day all week while she works because he's been home with hand foot and mouth. I get it, she's been looking forward to a break all week, and getting to sleep in. Can't say I'm not disappointed, though. I've been repeatedly super close to a Switch many times this week and lost out on every one. This is the best chance I've had, and it's right out.

Fuck.

Hit up three Best Buy's in the area today along with two separate walmarts and calling gamestops with no avail. Really hoping I'll be able to get one Saturday morning at Toys R Us. Fingers crossed, should be the best opportunity for me so far.

RedFox85

Got my neon from Amazon.es yesterday, spent the whole day playing Zelda. No defects to report, put an amfilm on before first power up so no chance of scratches. Excited for the future of this hardware!

So the people that have gotten them in this hunt, what was your strategy (assuming you had one)?

Walked into my base exchange on Monday to pick up cough medicine, and decided to check the games section. I was shocked to see three on the shelf. Also got the last copy of Zelda. Tax free is fantastic for larger purchases like this.

I picked up a copy of Binding of Isaac this afternoon, so I'm set until Mario Kart drops.

I'm just curious what's going on with Amazon US. All these other store chains are getting restocked, but nothing from Amazon since release day. You'd think the biggest online retailer would be getting consoles too.

Ocho

I'm just curious what's going on with Amazon US. All these other store chains are getting restocked, but nothing from Amazon since release day. You'd think the biggest online retailer would be getting consoles too.

They are restocking their Prime Now stores, that is what's happening.

Saw one in a store today and I picked it up. I wasn't even thinking about getting a Switch but I figured what the hell. It's been sitting on my desk in its box ever since.

Guess I'll fool around with it eventually.

Nazgul11

I don't understand why people want the switch so much. I mean just for a 7/10 game?

aI8Gicl.gif

I keep telling myself I'll just pick one up when it's easily available in a best buy store.

But then my eyes perk up when I see that toys r us will have stock. Too bad I'm working.

darksagus

I hate having to hunt down consoles or watch for restocks. I just want to walk into a gamestop on a random weekday and pick one up off the shelf. I shouldn't have to struggle to give nintendo my money, they should have the shelves full.

Persona7

Banned
I hate having to hunt down consoles or watch for restocks. I just want to walk into a gamestop on a random weekday and pick one up off the shelf. I shouldn't have to struggle to give nintendo my money, they should have the shelves full.
You can a year then until demand tempers and manufacturing is more consistent. It's only going to get worse as the holiday season ramps up.

hlhbk

This got me excited. Told my wife. She nixed it immediately. It's been a rough week for her at home, she's had our son all day all week while she works because he's been home with hand foot and mouth. I get it, she's been looking forward to a break all week, and getting to sleep in. Can't say I'm not disappointed, though. I've been repeatedly super close to a Switch many times this week and lost out on every one. This is the best chance I've had, and it's right out.

Fuck.

Um take your son with you?

CoolNumber9

Picked up a switch today at my local Walmart. They got 2 in today just a bit before I called and I got the last one. Luckily I only live a few min from ours. They were my last call looking for one for the day as I hate going to Walmart lol. Ran by Bestbuy and grabbed Zelda with my gamersclub deal. Looking forward to playing!!

Yeah, the excuses people make for them for decades now are ridiculous.

And yet people act like this isn't their MO. It's ridiculous.

im guessing your one of those people that still believe Nintendo was intentionally making the wii hard to find despite them manufacturing and shipping over a million consoles a month and it was still selling out crazy fast.

Thank the nintendo gods for iStockNow. Been scouring it all night and just saw that a small shipment of consoles came into the local target. Time to sleep for 2 hours then get up and head there for opening. For anyone on the east coast it looks like a lot have been dropping @ Target locations.

Faiz

Um take your son with you?

I did. I am sorry to hear that.

Honestly, by tomorrow, he'll probably be fine on that front. We considered sending him back to school today, all the blisters have healed over leaving shiny but slightly irritated new skin. In the end we decided it was best to be on the safe side and keep him home and send him back Monday.

But he's also 4 years old with Autism. Even on a normal day it would be difficult to impossible to keep him safe, calm, and contained while waiting for a possible 2-3 hours in the cold at a somewhat busy parking lot.

Oh well, I'm over it this morning, it'll happen eventually!

Odd question I guess,

I'm in Barcelona for a few days, and was wondering if it's even out in Spain yet, and if so where I could purchase one?

(assuming stock isn't worse here than in the US that is...)

Any ideas?

ecierif

Brickseek helped. Noticed that the quantity at the DC Walmart near Union Station changed its quantity from 0 to 4 around 11 pm last night. The new number didn't appear on iStockNow until shortly before 6 this morning. I bought the first of the four just before 7 AM. They were in the glass display.

I went with low expectations. When I noticed another local Walmart's quantity change midday a few days ago, I went there later that afternoon and was told they hadn't been in stock for awhile. Maybe they were put out the next day or just not on the floor yet. I think the quantity was the same the next morning but soon returned to zero. I noticed the number lowered at the one I visited today, not instantly but within about a half hour.

I got one! Walpole MA Walmart supercenter got 4 early this morning around 6. I went in and they were still in back. Guy came out with all the new game merchandise and sitting on the back of the trolley were the Switchs. Aaaah it feels good to be free. They should have a couple left if anyone is in the area.

WGMBY

Sitting outside a Target in South Boston right now, waiting for it to open. Guy in front of me said the store only received 5 units.

Target website indicates that most stores in MA got shipments last night, so if you're in the state, today is your chance.

Sitting outside a Target in South Boston right now, waiting for it to open. Guy in front of me said the store only received 5 units.

Target website indicates that most stores in MA got shipments last night, so if you're in the state, today is your chance.

Not just MA. Illinois targets seem to have all got restocked over night with about 5 units each. Heading there shortly to wait for the 8 open.

Yeah, looks like a lot of the Targets in my area got stock today. Unfortunately, when you mix a resupply from Nintendo is probably 5 units or less, and unlike scalpers and students, I cant leave my responsibilities at work, despite that today is a short day today and Im outta here in 4 hours, Im assuming that'll be about 3 hours and 56 minutes too late to get one. :( #salty

Wixom, MI Target got 5 this morning, 2 are left as of right now if anyone in the Detroit area needs one! I'm checking out now with mine!

They said it was the first restock since launch.

I'm sitting outside of my target now 36 minutes before they open and I'm the only one here. Someone popped her head outside to ask em if I was here for a switch so I'm taking that as a sign they ARE back there.

a lot of target stores in Jacksonville, FL got units today.. couple hrs ago.. small numbers.. like 4-5

unfortunately none for the targets in my town..not yet, anyway. my area is currently switchless.

emb

These stores that are getting restocks, are they tending to get Pro Controllers in as well? Haven't been dedicated to hunting one, but I'd kinda like to pick one up.

ecierif

These stores that are getting restocks, are they tending to get Pro Controllers in as well? Haven't been dedicated to hunting one, but I'd kinda like to pick one up.
I don't think so, at least not at Target. Many local ones seem to have restocked Switches while the pro controller is out of stock at every one.

Hari Seldon

Got mine at Target. Seems like every target lit up when I checked this morning in SW PA, got there 20 mins after it opened and I was the first one there, two more people showed up after me, they had 5.

Coketruck

If you happen to be near Pensacola, Florida, there are 5 in stock at the Target on 9 Mile Road. Looks like quite a few Targets are getting restocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom