• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email from the Nintendo Store. Naively got my hopes up that it was confirmation of my Switch delivery. Just them telling me about the Splatoon testfire thing :(

Only have myself to blame really, cancelled my pre order thinking I would be too busy with Andromeda which I am gonna wait/pass on.

milw00kiee

Neo Member
they just let me change my shipping to same day delivery too. holy lol! I was so in a rush to place the order I didn't notice that was available and initially put in for 2-day.

Ric Flair

Banned
Just ordered mine, holy hell at all the scam accounts people have set up for all the switch products, how isn't amazon shutting these fuckers down and permabanning their checking accounts?

novaGT

Neo Member
My grey switch is on the way at retail price
Damn you scalpers

I hope you get to keep your switch as a souvenir once everyone else can get at a fair price

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Red/Blue unit was launch only and that the only way to get Red/Blue going forward will be to buy the Joy-Con set individually.

Futureman

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Red/Blue unit was launch only and that the only way to get Red/Blue going forward will be to buy the Joy-Con set individually.

Someone on GAF made a post about neons coming back in early April. No idea if they were talking out of their ass though.

TheExodu5

Banned

The problem is that the joycon set is alternated colors.

The convenience with the Neon set is that you can buy the Neon joycons with it and then you have a full red/blue set.

There is zero truth to that. If it was a launch exclusive it would have been marketed as such. Especially considering multiple retailers have gotten restocks in it, I'm pretty sure if it was launch only that stock would have been gone based off preorders and day one sales.

Got a Gray console through Amazon Prime! Delivering on Sunday.

Big shoutout to Wario64. I got my phone notification of his tweet faster than the text alert from Zoolert. I highly recommend subscribing to his tweets.

Good luck to everyone else; it's looking up for everyone this next week—starting with Toys R Us tomorrow morning.

Tubie

Finally got a Switch and Zelda.

Local Best Buy got around 20 units this morning, I got there around 11:30AM and got the second to last unit (store opens at 10:00AM) and I saw another guy pick up the last one from the shelf as I was leaving the area to pay.

They also only had 2 copies of Zelda left which I also picked the second to last one, almost literally 1:1 attach rate lol. The accessories section was barren, almost like when a storm is about to hit and people clean out supermarket shelves. I asked one of the employees in the gaming section if they got any Pro controllers at all with this new batch of Switch units and he said no.

Also, they did get a few Neon units, but those always sell first according to the same guy.

Faiz

There is zero truth to that. If it was a launch exclusive it would have been marketed as such. Especially considering multiple retailers have gotten restocks in it, I'm pretty sure if it was launch only that stock would have been gone based off preorders and day one sales.

Yeah I don't buy it either. I think it's just NOA ordered more grey and prioritized it thinking that would be more popular. I'm convinced we will see Neons restocked again. I just didn't want to wait for it.

For those of you that found switches in store today, did the accessories get restocked as well? I'm looking every where for some neon joy cons.

Multiple retailers have gotten restocks? The trickle that has gone through online retailers selling them with bundles that sell out in 2 minutes is not a full-scale restock.

In-store restocks? Nowhere to be found.

Local Best Buy got around 20 units this morning, I got there around 11:30AM and got the second to last unit (store opens at 10:00AM) and I saw another guy pick up the last one from the shelf as I was leaving the area to pay.

They also only had 2 copies of Zelda left which I also picked the second to last one, almost literally 1:1 attach rate lol. The accessories section was barren, almost like when a storm is about to hit and people clean out supermarket shelves. I asked one of the employees in the gaming section if they got any Pro controllers at all with this new batch of Switch units and he said no.

Also, they did get a few Neon units, but those always sell first according to the same guy.

First I've heard of Neons showing back up in stores. Interesting.

Bigcanoe

Neo Member
I ordered my neon from Walmart 10 days ago due to a Zoolert. It actually shipped (a week later) and is available for pickup today. I guess they found one on a shelf somewhere and fulfilled my order!

For those who cant find the Neon switch, why don't you just buy the grey and invest in your neon controls later when you need 2 more controllers and there's your neon.

Alchemy

Dang it I should have woken up an hour earlier to get an Amazon unity :< Why can't they put stock up late at night when I'm awake T-T

gundalf

The big German electronics retailer Saturn increased the price of the still sold-out Nintendo Switch to 349&#8364; form 329&#8364;!
Interestingly this change is only on the gray Switch which possibly indicates that the Neon Switch is now a stale SKU &#55357;&#56881;

chekhonte

I was at gamestop ordering one of those overpriced bundles. I was trading in a bunch of stuff since they had a decent deal on trades for a switch.

I live in seattle and there are about 5 gamestops with in a 5 mile radius from this gamestop. I was there for a while because I was trading a bunch of stuff. I they were getting a call about the switch about every 2 minutes. I was there for about 30 minutes and I started counting after the 4th call and there were 15 calls in 30 minutes. This was at 2pm on a tuesday and not during a rush. The guy behind the counter said that there were 20 people lined up before he opened the store.

I think that it might be a little challenging to find a switch at least for the next couple of weeks if you live in a city and you don't want to pay some guy on craigslist who wants to price gouge you.

Random Question, but is there a way to set specific text message sources to come in with sound? I always have my phone on vibrate for work purposes, so I usually miss alerts from nowinstock.net. I'm on Android 6.0.

Ahah ahaha I missed it again from amazon guys I'm gonna go crazy now lololollllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
My life

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Gonna drop in at Best Buy on the way home to see if they received any neon joycons yet. Need a pair to test out prior to sending mine in to Nintendo.

Peltz

Just got an email from the Nintendo Store. Naively got my hopes up that it was confirmation of my Switch delivery. Just them telling me about the Splatoon testfire thing :(

Only have myself to blame really, cancelled my pre order thinking I would be too busy with Andromeda which I am gonna wait/pass on.

Yikes. Live and learn man. You'll get it soon.

Definitely weighs as part of my concern that Neon units are done outside of buying the Joy-Con sets.

There's no way that's true. Neon SKU is selling well. There's no reason for Nintendo to stop selling it.

For those who cant find the Neon switch, why don't you just buy the grey and invest in your neon controls later when you need 2 more controllers and there's your neon.

Thats my plan, but I can't find any neons anywhere. Plus as someone else mentioned, the stand alone packs are reversed colors.

TS-08

Pretty crazy that around 20 units were sold in an hour and a half after a random Friday morning restock. The demand is more than I ever thought it would be this early, and I knew the Switch would be compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom