• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man, ebay shoppers are brave. (Yeezy Turtle Doves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude paid like $700 for this:

qRbn2Uh.jpg

Received this:

More at the link:
http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/guy-buys-limited-edition-yeezy-snickers-online-receives-cute-plush-slippers.html

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm really glad I had to clink a link to see what he got. The surprise got me. LOL.
EDIT: fixed now, still good

The Cowboy

And i thought it was bad when i paid £110 for fake Nike Foamposite's (luckily got a refund).

$700!!! Even if they were real, that's insane.

I'm laughing so hard. Did he get a refund?

Most likely.

Ebay has near 0 seller protection.

People have legit filmed themselves packing, and putting a laptop in an unopenable blue collection bin for packages only for the buyer to say they were sent a broken laptop/rocks/nothing.

Ebay/paypal don't give a fuck about anything besides their cut.

I've thrown stuff I could sell on ebay into electronics recycling just to avoid touching ebay ever again.

Buying ultra-luxury shoes off eBay and expecting to get anything but knock-offs sounds like a dreadful idea 100% of the time.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's so much more money in retailers and bulk Chinese sellers trading through ebay rather than average citizens trying to get rid of some second hand stuff everyone is wary of pulling the trigger on.

That's my guess anyway.

I've thrown stuff I could sell on ebay into electronics recycling just to avoid touching ebay ever again.

For selling - I've given up selling anything. Too much hassle for too little return. I've got items that work but just in storage because I can't be bothered to to use Ebay.

For buying - Ebay is my last resort after having checked Amazon and other places and Ebay use is limited to small value items. Not ebcause I'm afraid of getting ripped off, but because I don't like them.

Most likely.

Ebay has near 0 seller protection.

People have legit filmed themselves packing, and putting a laptop in an unopenable blue collection bin for packages only for the buyer to say they were sent a broken laptop/rocks/nothing.

Ebay/paypal don't give a fuck about anything besides their cut.

That's why you do local deals. I just sold my camera and two lenses to a huge bearded fucker to buy a better one, all locally, no issues. Also got my laptop that way, and textbooks for class, a webcam, sold a Fiio player, gonna get a CF reader... Fuck eBay. Last time I bough a lens there I ended up paying 80€ in fees. (Was my fault too, tbh)

I don't even know why you would even try to run this sort of scam on eBay. Ebay takes the buyer's side literally 100% of the time and since Paypal is the only way to get your money, they can just take it back before you do anything.

That's like the time one of my college roommates ordered 2 pairs of size 10 cleats. He thought he was getting a killer deal because they were $10 each. He received them in the mail and they were baby sized. Hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

Rolfgang

They cost $2k DS so I'm not sure what he was expecting lol

Sorry, 2000 bucks?! Why? I would never pay that much for shoes, but if I did I would buy something like ultra rare chocolate kangaroo leather shoes or something. Not some cheap ass looking fluffy sneakers.

dankir

Well obviously hell get his money back and Ebay will freeze the seller account if he used PayPal of course.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
they're too good so I think in about two weeks you're going to find out the guy makes these and this is a bs story.

Kevin

I stopped ordering from ebay years ago for this very reason. I swear there are more scams on there then legitimate products. I've gotten ripped of plenty of times back in the day to just say forget it.

1. You don't need to be brave to buy on eBay, you need to spend all of 15 seconds checking feedback and listening to your gut. The seller likely had very obviously nonexistent or shitty feedback and the buyer ignored clear warning signs because he wanted an easy deal.

2. Buyers always win disputes even when they're completely wrong or careless. I would bet my life he got his money back within a week.

3. You need to be much more worried about scammers on eBay as a seller. Buyers can file fake claims and scam the shit out of you for hundreds or even thousands of dollars with almost no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom