• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

benzy

Can anyone tell me why doesn't GT Sport look the way it looks in the replay? Like I am seeing night and day difference in visual quality/IQ between replays and gameplay based on what you gentlemen have posted here. The only gameplay footage that has looked as impressive as the replay is the Polyphony's Porsche gameplay reveal where you see actual steering wheel view segment of the gameplay and that looked impressive on a visual/camera perspective!

Replay shows the best camera angles since PD does it so well and I'm pretty sure that's why people think it looks better.

There isn't a difference when we show zoomed out replay shots without DOF blur when comparing the same section of the track.

YszdV4.png

zKTDgv.png

0jJ0RT.png

e7a6ua.png

K6hBKe.png

FXLbtg.png

Replay shows the best camera angles since PD does it so well and I'm pretty sure that's why people think it looks better.

There isn't a difference when we show zoomed out replay shots without DOF blur when comparing the same section of the track.

YszdV4.png

zKTDgv.png

0jJ0RT.png

e7a6ua.png

K6hBKe.png

FXLbtg.png

So DOF Blur is what that makes things look that much more better and that's in the replays huh, thank you for the clarification benzy!

Most tracks look just as good in both. Replays add motion blur and maybe better AA. The track that can have a noticable visual difference is the Nurburgring. Gameplay you got this distracting feature where the shadows of trees pop in (or maybe it's the trees LOD pop in) when you get close to them. Very annoying tbh but hopefully it gets fixed.

When you're in the zone and focusing ahead on the road it is damn near perfect. The gifs are slightly flattering but the game is really gorgeous. People going on about Scorpio or God of war or whatever but I'm sure GTSport is gonna drop some jaws at E3.

Look forward to GT Sport showing at E3 this year!

This game is shaping up to be so well done technically that I'm almost forgiving PD for the lack of time of the day.

All that's left to see is what gameplay design they'll implement and to what extent the game will make sense to someone not so keen on this e-sports extravaganza.

Mascot

I really wish PD would open up Arcade mode again in the beta. We never got to experience it in the EU and I'd like to know how the AI is shaping up. If it's still a traditional parade train then, as much as the rest of the beta impressed me, I'll be passing on GTS.

Sebmugi

10 years later and they still can't get close to these GT5P rocks:

Prologue.gif

I think so but they have abandoned work on this kind of small environments for scape mode / photo :/ It's still amazing, even now oO

sorry for you Psycho_Mantis :/ and thx

one pics interesting from GTplanet
1497125261-xukv40.png

velociraptor

It's too bad regular gameplay does not have the same motion blur + DOF and lighting as replay mode.

That is what makes the graphics look alive. Otherwise, GT just looks kinda sterile.

I really think they should have used the Pro to maximise the visuals in 1080p60 instead of attempting a resolution increase

I think so but they have abandoned work on this kind of small environments for scape mode / photo :/ It's still amazing, even now oO

sorry for you Psycho_Mantis :/ and thx

one pics interesting from GTplanet
1497125261-xukv40.png

Amazing.

These gifs are making me eagerly await the gamersyde GT trailer, there better be one Kaz or I'm coming to Japan

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kaz Twitter post alert!

Tomorrow, June 12 is the E3 PlayStation Press Conference. There will be an update regarding Gran Turismo Sport in the Preshow Livestream

Sounds like an open beta perhaps?

Top Bottom