• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

benzy

zquovv.gif

Dave_6

Wish I would've started playing the beta earlier so I'd have more cars by now. I've got four GT3s, five GR4s and just one N300. Unfortunately it's the FWD Focus ST and I hate the torque steer it has.

THE:MILKMAN

ridiculous.

remember the reveal? i thought polyphony had lost it.

The weird thing is they have had much higher quality graphics right from the off at the October 2015 reveal. It has just took them 20 months to get it that much closer in a playable state.

i1KrS0tyhPf1cO.jpg

Why it was revealed so early given this we'll probably never know.

Gestault

I have my doubts the game in its current form looks like that early "screenshot." Which isn't to say better or worse, but it felt at the time like a target shot, more than an actual representation of what the game looked (looks?) like. They were obviously game-style assets, but not anything close to the state their own promo videos (let alone the gameplay itself).

benzy

I have my doubts the game in its current form looks like that early "screenshot." Which isn't to say better or worse, but it felt at the time like a target shot, more than an actual representation of what the game looked (looks?) like. They were obviously game-style assets, but not anything close to the state their own promo videos (let alone the gameplay itself).

The models, trees, and textures are actually the same assets used in the final game, just higher-res with the photomode quality texture filtering in that promo shot.

wenljs.png

The overall image composition is different in color tint and exposure.

Unknown?

The weird thing is they have had much higher quality graphics right from the off at the October 2015 reveal. It has just took them 20 months to get it that much closer in a playable state.

i1KrS0tyhPf1cO.jpg

Why it was revealed so early given this we'll probably never know.

I remember reading that demos for games take time to complete and by the time they've made one ready for launch it's an old build because they keep working on it after starting the demo. Probably the same with betas. Doubt what we're playing is the final build other than netcode.

THE:MILKMAN

I remember reading that demos for games take time to complete and by the time they've made one ready for launch it's an old build because they keep working on it after starting the demo. Probably the same with betas. Doubt what we're playing is the final build other than netcode.

IIRC you are referencing the Copper Box reveal where the first build was truly bad but hours later a new build was delivered. A lot here and at GTPlanet questioned why they didn't just wait a few hours for a much better looking build.

I'm looking forward to the E3 gameplay and no doubt amazing Top Gear tier edited trailer with amazing music.

l2ounD

That's insane. It looks almost too good to be true. PD are wizards.

This part with the Evo defending the inside line and the TT switching to the outside, with this lighting, looked so cool on the tv. The lighting wizards, I really want to see what the other times of day will look like on this track.
YDXP3CL.gif

scream

I wonder when we will get a racing sim with environments on par (graphically) with the cars.
And im talking about every single racing sim out there.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Wish I would've started playing the beta earlier so I'd have more cars by now. I've got four GT3s, five GR4s and just one N300. Unfortunately it's the FWD Focus ST and I hate the torque steer it has.

I most frequently get GT3 cars as rewards, would love some N300 ones for a change.
Is there a list of known cars in the Beta?

I most frequently get GT3 cars as rewards, would love some N300 ones for a change.
Is there a list of known cars in the Beta?

N300
Subaru WRC STI Type S '14
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy '11
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
Ford Focus ST '15
Lotus Evora '09
Audi TTS Coupe '14
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13

GR.4
Ford Mustang Gr.4
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.4
Nissan GT-4 Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4
Renault Megane Gr.4
Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4

GR.3
Mercedes-AMG GT GT3 '16
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Volkswagen GTI VGT (Gr.3)
Peugeot VGT (Gr.3)
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13
Renault R.S.01 GT3 '16
Jaguar F-type Gr.3
McLaren 650S GT3 '15
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
Ford Mustang Gr.3
Hyndai Genesis Gr.3
Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
N300
Subaru WRC STI Type S '14
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy '11
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
Ford Focus ST '15
Lotus Evora '09
Audi TTS Coupe '14
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13

GR.4
Ford Mustang Gr.4
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.4
Nissan GT-4 Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Mercedes SLS AMG Gr.4
Renault Megane Gr.4
Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4

GR.3
Mercedes-AMG GT GT3 '16
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4
Volkswagen GTI VGT (Gr.3)
Peugeot VGT (Gr.3)
Subaru WRX Gr.3
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13
Renault R.S.01 GT3 '16
Jaguar F-type Gr.3
McLaren 650S GT3 '15
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
Ford Mustang Gr.3
Hyndai Genesis Gr.3
Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3
BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3)
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11
Thank you a lot! :)

Without seeing a longer clip I'm assuming that's just down to the player correcting the first spin maybe, looks like the car is coming to a stop as well. Unsure, could be wonky physics though.
The player is me, and for the duration of the gif I didn't touch the analog stick. There is something wrong with the physics, specifically when it regards to drifting, but I can't point my finger at it.

I don't think any car in that video swerves left and right with no countersteering or any kind of input in the wheel, as you see in the GIF.

This part with the Evo defending the inside line and the TT switching to the outside, with this lighting, looked so cool on the tv. The lighting wizards, I really want to see what the other times of day will look like on this track.
YDXP3CL.gif

With the gif cut in size, I really wish GTSport would allow for a much closer view of the windscreen like in DC/PC1.

Another thing I've noticed is the mainly universal praise gif's of replays get yet there is no gameplay that I've seen replicates anything like this. ie. Gif replays = dynamic and exciting; Gameplay:slow, sterile and without much movement.

Game needs a massive boost in the camera shaking department for cockpit view imo.

Gestault

The models, trees, and textures are actually the same assets used in the final game, just higher-res with the photomode quality texture filtering in that promo shot.

wenljs.png

The overall image composition is different in color tint and exposure.

That's cool the foliage assets are so close. I don't mean to pry, but any reason you didn't just share the full shot of the real game? It looks like you matched it closely.

benzy

With the gif cut in size, I really wish GTSport would allow for a much closer view of the windscreen like in DC/PC1.

Another thing I've noticed is the mainly universal praise gif's of replays get yet there is no gameplay that I've seen replicates anything like this. ie. Gif replays = dynamic and exciting; Gameplay:slow, sterile and without much movement.

Game needs a massive boost in the camera shaking department for cockpit view imo.

Threre's a good amount of shake and movement as long as there are bumps and ruts on the road. Even in Willow Spring replay gifs we can see the cars run pretty smooth compared to Nurburgring.

eierum.gif

That's cool the foliage assets are so close. I don't mean to pry, but any reason you didn't just share the full shot of the real game? It looks like you matched it closely.

Wasn't not taken at the same angle, notice all you see are clouds in the game pic. I can't get the cam behind the rail next to the tree like in the pic without photomode, but since the leaves rotate you can see the same leaf pattern looking at the tree dead on.

The player is me, and for the duration of the gif I didn't touch the analog stick. There is something wrong with the physics, specifically when it regards to drifting, but I can't point my finger at it.

I don't think any car in that video swerves left and right with no countersteering or any kind of input in the wheel, as you see in the GIF.
Evos have advanced stability systems, and I believe they can't be turned 'fully off' in the Evo X in reality (without mods). I'm not sure what control you have over SC/TC in GT Sport as I don't have it, and I don't know how accurately GT simulates these systems. But even if you are driving with 'everything off', it is possible (I'd guess likely, particularly using a gamepad) that there is still some artificial assistance tying to correct the car. In any case, the combination of high speed, four-wheel drive, coming off a high kerb, and the transition between two different surfaces can cause very usual behaviour, and you can certainly create a situation where a car snaps one way and then the other without any steering correction.

Top Bottom