• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
More surprised that she just said Democrats should run on single payer.

At this point, it's the logical option. Even Trump is accusing Democrats of not coming up with an alternative to ACA/AHCA. The only logical, easy to message alternative is "Medicaid/Medicare for all".

Start working now on sowing the seeds.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wonder if this was what Warren's statement was about- they may be going in on the Public Option as a messaging strategy? That's...quite the departure for Sanders.

YES YES YES

Love it. This is what democrats need to unite behind.

Come at me scientists hiding in the dark! You think you're man enough to handle this???

Screen-Shot-2015-08-13-at-7.48.24-AM.png

Vixdean

Theoretically, a well run public option should be revenue neutral, or even turn a small profit. If they could get the CBO to score it that way, then it would incredibly hard for the GOP to explain why it's bad.

Pedrito

Complain about fake news...
...Ask everyone to watch a project veritas video despite admitting she doesn't know if it's accurate.

Damn, dude is mad!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But guys McConnell was smiling yesterday. How could he not have the votes?

Even with me thinking this bill will still pass, that was a hilarious moment on here yesterday.

bahahahaha

I could somewhat buy the argument that her numbers would be softened a little by being this lightning rod national figure, but even if that were true 2018 wouldn't be the year where that would pay off. We have a better chance of knocking off Cruz than they do at beating Warren.

IIRC the speculation was based on people responding whether "someone else deserves a chance" (or something like that) in an earlier poll. I remember thinking that was an unusual poll question, therefore we didn't know what was a good or bad number (or even if you could get a meaningful number at all). For all we know people answered "yes" to say "yeah, I'd listen to what another candidate has to say before voting for Warren."

holy shit did Sarah Huckabee seriously try to legitimize that obviously fake O'Keefe video?!

jesus christ this Administration really is tyrannical

bahahahaha

I could somewhat buy the argument that her numbers would be softened a little by being this lightning rod national figure, but even if that were true 2018 wouldn't be the year where that would pay off. We have a better chance of knocking off Cruz than they do at beating Warren.

Yeah, the idea that the Republicans would have a shot at capturing a seat in Massachusetts during a midterm year with a (likely unpopular) Republican incumbent was always a fantasy.

Plinko

With the way Sarah again brought up how "America is tired of the Russia" stuff, this story coming out must be absolutely damning to Trump with the whole Russia thing.

Ludovico

What is the okeefe video? I'm not giving that guy any views?

A hevily edited video of a cnn offical
I believe

A little more context would help your post.

O'Keefe was the guy making videos that attacked Planned Parenthood a few years back. The videos were found to be heavily doctored, PP was cleared of any wrongdoing, and O'keefe agreed to pay a $100,000 settlement.

The video in mention is a recently released one, via O'Keefe, in which a CNN producer (medical producer), talks candidly about CNN CEO congratulating producers on recent coverage, but to get back to the Russia story.

Plinko

God bless that man for standing up to it. I wish more of the media had that kind of balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom