• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

Draft a bill chuck

Bad, bad idea. People like possibilities better than reality.

Say "we want Medicaid public option." = good
Write 2,000-page bill on how to get that done, including all the tax hikes and etching out exactly who the winners and losers are = bad.

Pre-drafted legislation is either pure political theater (like the one-sentence bill to terminate the EPA), or unnecessarily giving the opposition too much ammo.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Spoiler

It will be the same bill

I think time lowers people's interest in this. I feel like that's how the House bill passed. Same bill might be exactly what they do.

Last time we got it around 5 or 6 EST.

1rlzt9.jpg

Fox318

I think time lowers people's interest in this. I feel like that's how the House bill passed. Same bill might be exactly what they do.

Bingo

They will have a vote again in two weeks when people either become apathetic or the talking heads tire them out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump is meeting with Senators. Here's his latest:
Chad Pergram‏Verified account @ChadPergram

At mtg w/GOP sens on health care, Trump says Obamacare is in a "meltdown." Adds "I think we have either 52 out of 52 or 50 out of 52"

Ahh come on a lot of you just spent several days saying with absolute certainty that the senators publicly saying no were all pre-planned behind closed doors with the puppet master McConnell and the bill was going to pass. At least wait a few days and let's see what happens if people can keep the pressure up before you start with saying they'll just introduce the same bill and this was all part of their plan.

Lo-Volt

I wonder if that's the case here. Hearing Sen. Collins talk about "I'm a no unless there's a whole new bill" will make clear to interested people that this conversation is ongoing, and that the coming recess will be a way to spark pressure/go protest at home/burn up phone lines. The trick in the House is they could send their draft to 'another place'. Not necessarily true here.

Trump is meeting with Senators. Here's his latest: [shitty Trump hot takes within]

Oh my FUCKING God. This guy.

Plinko

Ahh come on a lot of you just spent several days saying with absolute certainty that the senators publicly saying no were all pre-planned behind closed doors with the puppet master McConnell and the bill was going to pass. At least wait a few days and let's see what happens if people can keep the pressure up before you start with saying they'll just introduce the same bill and this was all part of their plan.

I mean...it's based on previous evidence. They literally did the same thing in the House. You think they're just going to say, "Hey, you know what? All right, we'll stop trying to repeal Obamacare like we've promised for years."

That doesn't make any sense at all.

He's saying this shit after numerous GOP senators have now come out saying they're not for the bill but he's not sure because he only get his fucking information FROM CABLE NEWS.

Heaven help us.

Zolo

Trump is meeting with Senators. Here's his latest:

So.....is he saying they have 50-52 votes?

He's saying this shit after numerous GOP senators have now come out saying they're not for the bill but he's not sure because he only get his fucking information FROM CABLE NEWS.

Heaven help us.
This is still the worst thing. He has one of the best intelligence agencies in the world, and his primary source of info is Fox News.

That's not why the House bill passed. It passed because they made changes to appease the Freedom Caucus by making it worse.

I mean...it's based on previous evidence. They literally did the same thing in the House. You think they're just going to say, "Hey, you know what? All right, we'll stop trying to repeal Obamacare like we've promised for years."

That doesn't make any sense at all.

It's not the same thing that happened in the house because the whole reason the bill eventually could leave the house is that they could send it to the senate.

Obviously they're going to be voting on something at some point. They control all three branches of the government. And it's important we keep the pressure on. But the McConnell smile-watch where every day is part of the GOPs master plan to...act like a functional party is just kinda silly.

Heaven help us.

The R's that came out after the delay are stupid and selfish and are trying to make themselves look good. Of course Trump is even more selfish and stupid and had to try and make himself look good right after they came out against it.

It's stupid tripping over stupid.

It's like staring into infinity.

Plinko

That's not why the House bill passed. It passed because they made changes to appease the Freedom Caucus by making it worse.

It's not the same thing that happened in the house because the whole reason the bill eventually could leave the house is that they could send it to the senate.

Obviously they're going to be voting on something at some point. They control all three branches of the government. And it's important we keep the pressure on. But the McConnell smile-watch where every day is part of the GOPs master plan to...act like a functional party is just kinda silly.

I'm not saying the reasons for bringing the bill back are the same. However, they aren't going to quit. Trump campaigned on this. He isn't letting it go. GOP campaigned on this. They aren't letting it go.

Move on to what? They can't finance tax cuts without this, they can't build a border wall because it costs too much, he's already killing civilians in Iraq and Syria and "going after the families", and we know he can't pass tariffs. What does this president even do

I'm not saying the reasons for bringing the bill back are the same. However, they aren't going to quit. Trump campaigned on this. He isn't letting it go. GOP campaigned on this. They aren't letting it go.

I mean, yes, but you also said:

That's not really what happened!

PBY

Banned
LOL

Why does any of this Trump stuff still register. He's a doddling old Fox news viewer who doesn't read or care about actual policy. Nothing matters to him .

Hopfrog

trump sounds bored talking about this and wants to move on

From all reports it is hard to keep his attention on anything for longer than about half an hour. If he had his druthers I am sure he would love to just golf all day and give an occasional speech at a rally, and that would be "being President" for him. He cares nothing for health care policy, or any policy really, beyond putting a "win" on the board.

Plinko

GOP aides says new plan is to get a deal by Friday and have CBO estimate over recess. They aren't letting this go.

I mean, yes, but you also said:

That's not really what happened!

Sorry--shouldnt have attached those. You are right. Wanted to make a statement on time increasing apathy and thought it had an effect on the public ignoring the House bill the 2nd time through.

Trump: "Meh, I never cared about Health Care anyway. Do what you guys want."
GOP in Congress: "We went over this already. If we don't pass our bill, we don't pass our budget. If we don't pass our budget, no wall."
Trump: "Snore... wait what was that? No wall? Do that health care thing that you guys were talking about or else!"

UberTag

Move on to what? They can't finance tax cuts without this, they can't build a border wall because it costs too much, he's already killing civilians in Iraq and Syria and "going after the families", and we know he can't pass tariffs. What does this president even do
Golf, tweet, talk about his historic election victory, campaign, golf some more, eat some well-done steak with ketchup, tweet FAKE NEWS, leak secrets to the Russians, golf...

PBY

Banned
McConnell says new plan is to get a deal by Friday and have CBO estimate over recess. They aren't letting this go.

Sorry--shouldnt have attached those. You are right. Wanted to make a statement on time increasing apathy and thought it had an effect on the public ignoring the House bill the 2nd time through.

Its a good point. I mean this is EXACTLY how the House bill passed. The OG sucked, it flopped, the opposition to the bill relaxed somewhat but the coverage definitely waned. Then they barely changed the bill and it passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom