• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA uploading multiple tunes from Sonic Mania to YouTube

KTnfQcq.gif

Hope this pans out. Was hoping the music had more of Genesis sound. They are nice compositions, but the CD-vibe kind of rubs me.

It's meant to be a Sonic game that could (should) have released on Sega Saturn. Nothing about the game in a technical sense is really beholden to the Genesis.

Ferr986

Hmm, kinda torn about the Miniboss track. The beat is really nice but the melody isn't really catchy and I don't feel the synth used.

Big One

Banned
Hrm I wonder if fans would be dedicated enough to do a 16 bit hack/remake of Sonic Mania. You guys think it could be done?

RagnarokX

Like that beat. Reminds me a bit of the Sonic 3 miniboss theme and launch base zone for some reason.

Could of sworn I read somewhere that Chemical plant was originally going to be Death Egg Zone.

No. The original plan was for Chemical Plant to be zone 10 out of an 18 zone game.

What you're probably thinking of is the fact that Death Egg just reuses tiles from Chemical Plant instead of having its own tileset.

Gin-Shiio

Somewhat reminiscent of Sonic 3's mini boss theme, which by the way they should never have replaced with S&K's tune for Sonic 3&K.

dlauv

While these mastered mixes are objectively better in the clarity of all of the background instruments, I kind of miss the original "oomph" of Studiopolis' and the miniboss' bass. I'm sure it will grow on me. And honestly the original versions we heard probably sounded that way due to video encoding or something.

Maybe they're more for headphone use than my 2.1 get up.

J@hranimo

Banned
I asked a youtuber who just got their review code on Twitter when the review embargo goes up and he said "next week"

So yeah, Monday at the earliest, but probably will be the day of release.

Synth

Watch they all be "2/10 Sonic was never good lulz"

There's certainly going to be at least a few of those. Maybe not 2/10 though, but someone somewhere is performing a drop dash after every jump right now and noting that it's impossible to avoid random deaths due to speed.

Top Bottom