• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA uploading multiple tunes from Sonic Mania to YouTube

samred

"Lights, Camera, Action" from Studiopolis Act I: YouTube link. A little over 3 mins, and sounds like there's more to come:

Sonic the Hedgehog said:
Yo! Here's the first in a series of OST releases for Sonic Mania, which comes out August 15th! You've likely heard this one already, but we've got some cool new tracks coming soon - stay tuned!

Sonic Mania is definitely leaning towards the Sega CD era on this one. I'm really into the intentionally cheesy and fragmented English voice for the refrain, along w/ the synth tones.

FYI, from what I've played, each zone's act has had at least a different version of the same song, if not a wholly different song. In case you dig this track and are hoping for a remixed version: you may get your wish.

Falk edit: For convenience
Lights, Camera, Action! (Studiopolis Zone Act 1)
Hi-Spec Robo Go! (Theme of Hard Boiled Heavies)
Dimension Heist (Special Stage)
Stardust Speedway Act 1
Danger on the Dance Floor (Miniboss Theme)

me rn listening to these JAMS

kkcjDbj.gif

foppy79

If you've listened to Sonic Before/After the sequel's soundtrack, you can hear falk's influence on the song.

God this game is going to be so great

This game and soundtrack are shaping up to be fantastic. I can't wait until they put out the full release of Mirage Saloon Zone - so damn good!

TEE MUTHAFUCKIN LOPES!!!

I still can't believe it, I've been following him forever and been saying "yea he should really do music for Sega"

and here we are.

And the streets are going to need that new Chemical Plant Act 2 in CDQ

ZeoVGM

Banned
The music in this is so fucking great. But I will say that I was partly hoping that they would use the Sonic 3 Genesis sound for all the songs.

The difference between this and something like the Sonic 4 soundtrack (written by someone who should be a much more practiced hand, Jun Senuoe, but no one gave a shit) is staggering.

So glad this game is happening.

Vidal

Sure seems like it. From my pre-E3 hands-on:

Hi Sam,

I did read you article and this really made me very happy:

This classic 16-bit boss goodness finds the right balance between predictable patterns and on-the-fly panic.

I didn't have the opportunity to play it yet, but from every video I've seen, the speed and pace of the levels feels just right.

I actually can't believe that I'm excited about a Sonic game. :)

Mark1

Yeah I made this thread a few weeks back, but for some reason Sega uploaded the song again.

The wait for this game is going to get harder from here on out - especially from the consistent release of this song.

This is EASILY the most Sonic like experience we're going to have since S3&K, hard to believe this is happening. Please take note and use as a template for future Classic driven games - 2D and 3D.

I'll still take the Modern games too alongside Classic. The boost gameplay is the most polished and fun I've had with Sonic since he went into 3D.

Zalman

The difference between this and something like the Sonic 4 soundtrack (written by someone who should be a much more practiced hand, Jun Senuoe, but no one gave a shit) is staggering.

So glad this game is happening.
The problem with Sonic 4 music is mainly the instruments used. If they were done in this style they would have been much better.

Mr Swine

Banned
While I like the new tracks so far I wish they sounded more like the classic genesis games. Biggest offender right now is the god awful act 2 boss music. Really don't know what Tee Lopes is smoking, should have just gone with remixed music of Sonic 2

Ferr986

The problem with Sonic 4 music is mainly the instruments used. If they were done in this style they would have been much better.

Sonic 4 tracks were still too short and a lot of tracks felt uninspired. I don't think a good arrangement would have helped much.

marmoka

Banned
This song is awesome!!

This is the real Sonic 4 we have all been waiting for years.

Just one month guys! Just one more month!!!
And one more day...

J@hranimo

Banned
There's a couple of games with terrible songs, even one that is almost a meme on GAF when referencing terrible songs lol.

When are they going to open the Data Discs Vinyl OST Pre-orders? I need that soundtrack in my life.

The company handling the OST's vinyl release put this one up on Soundcloud a while back, but a YouTube upload is a lot more convenient. Can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

Ristifer

Any idea when the vinyl goes up for pre-order on Data Discs? It says mid-July, so I'm getting ready, but I need a specific day.

EDIT: They just tweeted out that they're announcing it next week. Sweet.

What I want more than anything are dip switches.

So I can select which version of boss music/ Invincibility etc etc I have play.

Also one for sonics colour. Want the original darker blue and red sprite of Sonic and Knuckles.

Top Bottom