• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Husky kills Poodle in Seoul Dog Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Nice concept but man what the fuck. The husky owner needs to held accountable. The dog needs to be put down.

Timbuktu

I have to say the owner's reactions are understandable if a bit OTT. Small dogs tend to be all bark, but big ones can kill them just like that. Better to keep a safe distance.

https://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2017/0...and-violently-bites-it-to-death-at-a-dog-cafe

Graphic video in the link. Just a reminder to everyone never to leave your dogs unattended when around other dogs, or in the case of this cafe they really shouldn't be mixing the small toy dogs with larger breeds.
The poodle's owner went ballistic, wielding a hammer at the cafe and police had to be called in.
I watched this video by accident the other day and as an animal lover and someone who just recently bought a small breed dog it's horrifying and so sad. Be warned it's disturbing. Hope this makes people think twice and put the proper precautions in place when keeping dogs together to know their temperament and act accordingly

Fuck. I like huskies but heard about their strong prey drive. I'd go ballistic too if my dog died under the care of someone else. The cafe and/or the husky owner should get her a new dog, but even that would not be enough.

Why'd the owner treat the dog cafe as a dog watcher and leave her dog there though?

DonMigs85

I watched this video by accident the other day and as an animal lover and someone who just recently bought a small breed dog it's horrifying and so sad. Be warned it's disturbing. Hope this makes people think twice and put the proper precautions in place when keeping dogs together to know their temperament and act accordingly
Yeah, I remember an episode of Emergency Vets on Animal Planet also featured a German Shepherd who broke a Dachshund's jaw when the latter tried stealing her food (they had the same owner and lived together for years)
So even if your dogs have been together for a while, if one is much larger and one or both have aggressive tendencies it's not safe to leave them alone with each other.

I'm curious... I understand that dogs are put down when they attack people, but what happens to them if they attack other dogs? I guess it also depends on the country...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The owner went off the deep end, but they might have a point. We do put dogs down for murdering other dogs.

It's a dark request and I can imagine the whole cafe being completely ill-equipped to deal with it. I'd talk to lawyers and animal control.

jwk94

So when a dog needs to be put down in a situation like this, what's the process? Does the police have a way to verify it actually happened or do they just have to take the owner's word?

_Rob_

Bleh, potentially lethal massive dogs. I will never get the appeal.

Husky's don't really carry the "potentially lethal" reputation though. In fact mine lives with a very small Jack Russel Terrier (spending extended periods of time alone together) and she's nothing but protective and gentle with her.

I'm about to adopt a greyhound next month and one of my biggest concerns is its predator instincts kicking in around small animals, particularly my brother's smaller dog. I'm going to talk to the adoption this weekend about muzzles or similar devices. Already told them to match me to a dog that's small animal safe but there's never a guarantee.

Cerium

The owner explained, "The owner of the Husky apologized but the Poodle owner continuous claimed the Husky needs to be put down. The Poodle owner also said she'll put the dog cafe on fire if we don't close down. She ran over here with a hammer in her hand."
The husky wasn't put down?!?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thread designed to shock with no redeaming value... like why?

chugen

i thought it was interesting to see how something like this could happen. and rip to that little dog

Greedings

Dog café?

So like, it provides pet care, and coffee? What's the point of a place like this? It seemed like dogs were just roaming around and no one was watching them.

What specific action are you trying to shock people into in this case?
I'm not positive the thread needed to be posted but I didn't know that huskies displayed aggressive tendencies with smaller animals until this story and I've had a number of dogs in my life.

I lived down the street from a friend growing up and I absolutely adored his pet husky. He was the sweetest kindest dog and was a big reason I got a dog later in life. That being said if I owned a large breed dog I would still take precautions and read up on my own. I had a 150lb great Pyrenees and I read extensively about her breed before purchasing her. Shouldn't take this video to spur a dog cafe or single pet owner to inform themselves

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Husky's don't really carry the "potentially lethal" reputation though. In fact mine lives with a very small Jack Russel Terrier (spending extended periods of time alone together) and she's nothing but protective and gentle with her.
They have a strong prey drive. They can be a problem around children and small animals.

brian577

Banned
I'm not positive the thread needed to be posted but I didn't know that huskies displayed aggressive tendencies with smaller animals until this story and I've had a number of dogs in my life.

I lived down the street from a friend growing up and I absolutely adored his pet husky. He was the sweetest kindest dog and was a big reason I got a dog later in life. That being said if I owned a large breed dog I would still take precautions and read up on my own. I had a 150lb great Pyrenees and I read extensively about her breed before purchasing her. Shouldn't take this video to spur a dog cafe or single pet owner to inform themselves

It's easy to just assume that all dogs can be aggressive regardless of size or breed. They're animals and all the training in the world can't stop them from being unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom