• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Halo 4 Gameplay

Why? I think bots would be awesome. I'd rather play against bots than people any day of the week.

Agree.
All good FPS games have bots for practice against, or fill in due to lack of human players.
CoD, Counterstrike, Unreal, Perfect Dark, Left4Dead, Rainbow Six, Battlefront, Shadowrun, etc etc.

If Halo4 has bots for multiplayer, I could then forgive 343 for scrapping Firefight mode.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I never believe shitty quality videos are marketing, why release something that does not look good? Yes people will watch it, it gets the brand out there, but most people just hate on the quality.

Pretty much if MS did leaks this that means they put up a poor quality video of their biggest titles, why? So gamers could form an opinion on the game before they actually see it? Not good marketing. haha

Agree.
All good FPS games have bots for practice against, or fill in due to lack of human players.
CoD, Counterstrike, Unreal, Perfect Dark, Left4Dead, Rainbow Six, Battlefront, Shadowrun, etc etc.

If Halo4 has bots for multiplayer, I could then forgive 343 for scrapping Firefight mode.

You say "all good FPS games have bots"... then don't list Quake 3 as a prime example? Come on man.

Anyway, I'd like bots in Halo. They are particularly great for local multiplayer, and don't even need to be used in online matches.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Why? I think bots would be awesome. I'd rather play against bots than people any day of the week.

Yea, I don't mean no bots period, but I can't stand bots as a substitute for real matchmaking players. Take Gears 3 for example, the bots are either extremely cheap, or extremely useless.

The option for bots would be cool for local or private matches, but please keep them out of matchmaking.

!B+Qh3+!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!i!EzLKYclTPBM+DZ,H+d!~~_3.JPG

Wait a minute...

Dino.jpg

!!!
Dinochief.jpg

So what your saying is this guy stole stuff before and now lives on a barn leaking games while playing horrible rap music? This guy I wanna meet!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am seriously beginning to think that the people who leaks games in this manner are part of an undercover society of Amish people or something. Like a developer decides, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we just left our beta code of our highly anticipated game everyone wants to see in the middle a random Amish village and see what happens?"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so now a bad camera and even worse compression? lol

oh and buying armor abilities "spartan points?" wat

Conor 419

Banned
It's not like CoD, guys.

Edit - But meh, whatever, 'mite b cool' I guess. As long as they balance all of the copycatting with innovative features...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I hope people see that with these other leaks that it's just a case of loose lips on the eve of an external private beta and not a stupid PR stunt now.

And I'm getting even more curious now with how much Halo 4 is leaving the staple things that we've all known the game to stick with since day one. To me it didn't need any huge changes, but the ones made here plus the solid Halo core could turn out to be grand - I for sure like being able to spawn with a BR and pistol by choice whenever I want to.

DopeyFish

im trying to figure out the purpose of the different sized team indicators in the bottom right hand corner

volturnus

Banned
Fuck, it's really just like COD.
''Firepower allows use of two primary weapons''
That perk and Hardlight Shield don't sound good at all.

DopeyFish

Fuck, it's really just like COD.
''Firepower allows use of two primary weapons''
That perk and Hardlight Shield don't sound good at all.

oh fuck off.

stop ruining halo!

if they are separating primary and secondary weapons (rifles and pistols) someone should be slapped. HARD.

Sojgat

If this really is as much like COD as it appears, the saddest part will be when it's the highest selling Halo ever.

Korosenai

It makes no sense to me why they would have a fully functioning beta with all of these new features, and only lets ms workers play it. Its very frustrating.

And on top of that we have hackers playing it, who will do nothing but leak this info out and in the end give no feedback to 343.

S1kkZ

It makes no sense to me why they would have a fully functioning beta with all of these new features, and only lets ms workers play it. Its very frustrating.

And on top of that we have hackers playing it, who will do nothing but leak this info out and in the end give no feedback to 343.

it wouldnt surprise me if we get a beta announcement next week.

wow, I love how frankie lied straight to our faces about this stuff.

"They're not perks, it's not going to be like cod."

just garbage. With every new bit of information we get more confirmation that halo is COD in space, soon we'll find out you can throw grenades back, and the campaign will be a 6 hour cinematic expeirence down corridor after corridor.

It could be they want people to have a fresh experience when the game hits, but I know what you mean. It just probably takes a ton of resources to open the beta publicly, resources that they don't have atm.

DopeyFish

It could be they want people to have a fresh experience when the game hits, but I know what you mean. It just probably takes a ton of resources to open the beta publicly, resources that they don't have atm.

yeah i'm sure Microsoft doesn't have resou...

wait

but still... if there was a Halo 4 beta, I'd fully expect the same thing that occurred in the Halo 3 beta... They ignored every issue with the game and released it with problems which were brought up during the beta. Developers think they are always right regardless of how wrong they are.

yeah i'm sure Microsoft doesn't have resou...

wait

but still... if there was a Halo 4 beta, I'd fully expect the same thing that occurred in the Halo 3 beta... They ignored every issue with the game and released it with problems which were brought up during the beta. Developers think they are always right regardless of how wrong they are.

343 likely doesn't have the time to spend in prepping a huge public beta, sure they could do it, but their team has other things to do. Things are probably spotty in this internal beta like visuals and sound that would not fly in a public beta.

volturnus

Banned
oh fuck off.

stop ruining halo!
I can already imagine kids playing with grenade launcher and shotgun with hardlight shield and grenadier lol

As for the rest of the abilities, here's my 2 cents:
Tactical Package are secondary perks that should affect gameplay as well but are not active abilities:
- Firepower allows two primary weapons
- Resupply probably lets you carry max ammo from the beginning or resupply during battle (but that would not be a passive ability, so I think it's something like the former)
- Grenadier is pretty obvious, carry 4 grenades right from the start
- Awareness warns you when there's someone coming really close either with a sound or showing on the mini-map
- Shielding is hard to know, but I'd guess it makes the player receive less damage when taking headshots or when taking explosive damage (think flak jacket)
- AA Efficiency... well, it might be easy to figure out if we knew what AA stands for, but perhaps Anti-Armour? I'll take a wild guess and say it does more damage to vehicles

As for Armour Abilities (which could also be the AA above):
- Promethean Vision is the see-through-walls we heard about
- Regeneration Field sound obvious, think Regenerator from Halo 3
- Hologram and Active Camouflage are the same
- Hardlight Shield must be some kind of temporary Overshield like that orb from H3
EDIT: It seems Hard light is the Forerunner technology that creates the doors and bridges in Forerunner strucutres, I guess it's some kind of deployable shield, then.
- As for the Thruster Pack, I'm pretty sure it's not like the old Jet Pack. The Halo Wiki mentions it being less advanced and less efficient than Antigravity Packs, the Jet Packs used by the Covenant. I'd say it's for hovering while going forward a bit faster than normal on regular maps and more efficient in zero gravity areas.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
wow, I love how frankie lied straight to our faces about this stuff.

"They're not perks, it's not going to be like cod."

just garbage. With every new bit of information we get more confirmation that halo is COD in space, soon we'll find out you can throw grenades back, and the campaign will be a 6 hour cinematic expeirence down corridor after corridor.

How about you relax a bit. We haven't even seen a multiplayer reveal. You don't know that he lied about anything. Christ people.

Khezu

Hardlight shield is probably the shield from the other screens.

Equipping stuff costs spartan points? Kinda reminds me of that really shitty Metal Gear online game.

TheOddOne

I can already imagine kids playing with grenade launcher and shotgun with hardlight shield and grenadier lol

As for the rest of the abilities, here's my 2 cents:
Tactical Package are secondary perks that should affect gameplay as well but are not active abilities:
- Firepower allows two primary weapons
- Resupply probably lets you carry max ammo from the beginning or resupply during battle (but that would not be a passive ability, so I think it's something like the former)
- Grenadier is pretty obvious, carry 4 grenades right from the start
- Awareness warns you when there's someone coming really close either with a sound or showing on the mini-map
- Shielding is hard to know, but I'd guess it makes the player receive less damage when taking headshots or when taking explosive damage (think flak jacket)
- AA Efficiency... well, it might be easy to figure out if we knew what AA stands for, but perhaps Anti-Armour? I'll take a wild guess and say it does more damage to vehicles

As for Armour Abilities (which could also be the AA above):
- Promethean Vision is the see-through-walls we heard about
- Regeneration Field sound obvious, think Regenerator from Halo 3
- Hologram and Active Camouflage are the same
- Hardlight Shield must be some kind of temporary Overshield like that orb from H3
- As for the Thruster Pack, I'm pretty sure it's not like the old Jet Pack. The Halo Wiki mentions it being less advanced and less efficient than Antigravity Packs, the Jet Packs used by the Covenant. I'd say it's for hovering while going forward a bit faster than normal on regular maps and more efficient in zero gravity areas.
This is a lot of reaching from off screen shots in where we have not seen anything in action.

Top Bottom