• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face, stars fill my dreams
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been
To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait, all will be revealed

Nemesis_

For anyone who is doubting the authenticity of the site, the URL is registered to the following:

Registrant:
U.S. Techs, Division of Rapid Systems, Inc
1080 W. Ewing St.
Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98119
US

Domain Name: XBOXEVENT.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
U.S. Techs, Division of Rapid Systems, Inc
1080 W. Ewing St.
Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98119
US
(206) 784-0626 fax: 999 999 9999

And the name servers are registered to MSFT.net, which traces back to:

Registrant:
Domain Administrator
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond WA 98052
US
+1.4258828080 Fax: +1.4259367329

So it's legit?

Mononoke

Banned
I want all the rumors to be true: ie. online always, no used games, weaker technical specs than PS4, more of a focus on social/entertainment than games.

That way I have a reason to not buy a 720. Please MS, don't tempt me to throw cash at a new system.

Elginer

Now show me no online all the time, used games are A-OK and Alan Wake 2 and you have my monies MS.

PS: Keep that Kinect shit to a minimum thanks.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
SITE IS DOWN. We got it. Time to call it a day!
I was looking at the source files, then updated it and all was gone. There wasn't much interesting there anyway except for the Segoe UI font (in TrueType format!), but hopefully it's not changed once the site goes back up. The server probably choked under the pressure.

Izick

NegV.png

SO I guess by "a few days", he meant "16 days" :p

Anyways, finally something concrete. The rumors can be put to rest.

Yeah, smells like horse shit.

Takuya

Banned
The site is not down, they just won't et you access the page without supplying the proper credentials. (i.e. you need to click the link in your email;; which you don't have).

Rösti;55248924 said:
I was looking at the source files, then updated it and all was gone. There wasn't much interesting there anyway except for the Segoe UI font (in TrueType format!), but hopefully it's not changed once the site goes back up. The server probably choked under the pressure.

Yeah, I didn't see anything. Simple site.

Jb

"The Xbox campus"

Maybe it means journos will be able to get hands on with the hardware and a few games after the press conference.

Psyched!

Leflus

Hnngh. Looking forward to it. New console reveals are always interesting. Hopefully the always online rumours are false.

And there will be a lot of crow eating...
I want to see a tile on the dashboard with a looped video of someone eating an actual crow.

Quentyn

qTDdqDF.png

#XboxReveal

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed
Xbox Campus, Redmond WA
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT

Follow me on Twitter where I’ll share updates leading up to the event.

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

Izick

I'm really excited, but they're going to have to really do something special to top what we've seen of the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom