• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces PlayStation livestream schedule & links for TGS 2013

satam55

Banned
Sony Announces PlayStation Livestream Schedule and Links For Tokyo Game Show
by Giuseppe Nelva Sep 15th 2013 1:47AM 5 @abriael

PS4Japan.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia just announced its livestream schedule for Tokyo Game Show, and it’s indeed a quite rich program.

All the stage events at the Sony booth held on three different days will be livestreamed on Nico Nico. Here’s the schedule and relevant links:

September the 19th – Start at 10 AM Local Time (September the 18th, 9 PM EDT)
September the 21st - Start at 10 AM Local Time (September the 20th, 9 PM EDT)
September the 22nd - Start at 10 AM Local Time (September the 21st, 9 PM EDT)

And here’s the full list of games that will appear during the stage events (at least the ones that have been announced so far):

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Deep Down
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2
Gran Turismo 6
God Eater 2
Mobile Suit Gundam EXTREME Vs FULL BOOST
Watch_Dogs

Looks like a nice schedule, with quite the variety in the line-up. It’s worth mentioning that for the moment Sony did not specify when each game will appear on stage.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/15/sony-announces-playstation-livestream-schedule-and-channels-for-tokyo-game-show/

Hmmm...Still no word on a english livestream on Ustream.

EDIT:
There's a bit of a confusion here. Sony is doing 2 stuff at TGS.

18th : Pre-TGS conference. This is where they'll basically have part 2 of their conference last week, and maybe we can get some new announcements + dates for non-Japan Asian countries.

19th : "The World PS4 Creates" keynote. Keynotes typically are just speeches that talk broadly about the theme of the speech, and rarely do any announcements be made here...

Rarely.

EDIT 2:
Isn`t that simply a keynote?

So we get 3 stage events, 1 conference and 1 keynote?

Can somebody confirm any of this?
18th: pre-TGS SCEJA press conference.
19th : TGS opening keynote "The World PS4 Creates" & Sony TGS stage event
21st : Sony TGS stage event
22nd : Sony TGS stage event

EDIT 3:
Sony’s Tokyo Game Show Keynote Will Provide “Detailed Specification” of PS4 and its Exclusive Games
by Giuseppe Nelva Sep 16th 2013 3:40AM 2 @abriael

PS4Japan.jpg

Sony will hold two conferences for Tokyo Game Show. The first, actually held the day before the event on September the 18th, will give specific information related to the Japanese and Asian market.

The second and more mysterious will be held on September the 19th at 10:30 AM local time, and will be titled “The World Created by Playstation 4”. So far we didn’t have much information on its contents and topics, and interestingly enough even the title is still officially marked as “tentative” just three days before it’s held.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia finally provided a brief blurb on what the conference will entail, and it’s quite interesting:
“Playstation 4” is the next generation computer entertainment system which will be released by Sony Computer Entertainment towards the end of this year, 2013. Detailed specification of this latest system and its exclusive software titles and the new gaming experience that can be realized with the “Playstation 4” platform will be introduced together with the latest information.

I’m positively curious on what kind of “detailed specification” will be provided exactly. The hosts on stage definitely have the competence to go quite in depth on both business and technical topics, as we’ll see Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House, Division President of Business Division 1 Masayasu Ito and SCE Worldwide Studio President Shuhei Yoshida.

Unfortunately no information about the keynote being livestreamed was provided, which makes it unlikely at this stage.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/16/sonys-tokyo-game-show-keynote-will-provide-detailed-specification-of-ps4-and-its-exclusive-games/

EDIT 4:
Here's where the Pre-TGS conference stream will be held:

http://asia.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=sony-tgs-2013-press-conference-20130918

EDIT 5:

The keynote “The World Created by PlayStation 4", will be livestreamed on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/watch-sonys-tokyo-game-show-keynote

Asd202

No FF XV? Guess that's that.
Edit
Is it only playable footage? If so no surprise XV is not on the list.

Eagerly await the return of Knack translator-san.

I prefered Watch_dogs ,Yakuza, Lily Bergamo translator, "don't talk, be serious". That guy was great.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer, will try to check them out.

Now I just need to find those time zone things to know what time will it be in here.

JNT

What about The Last Guardian!?

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer, will try to check them out.

Now I just need to find those time zone things to know what time will it be in here.

Input the time as given into WolframAlpha and it will convert it into local time.

hwy_61

Banned
How are Japanese people going to react at this TGS? Isn't it weird that you have this great presentation, getting Japanese people all excited, but then you tell them they can't have it till next year? Is it a slap in the face for them?

I'd be pissed.

Naminator

Banned
We pretty much saw almost everything on that list very thoroughly by now.
The only thing that is really peeking my interest is more footage of Deep Down.
Maybe we will get some direct footage this time? I really want to know more about the game, how it looks and plays.

Is Sony having a press conference, or was last week it?

They're having another SCEJA pre-TGS press conference on the 18th, probably this time to talk about the Asia segment of their announcements. (Asia release date, and maybe more announcements )

Then they have the TGS keynote 'World of PS4' on the 19th, but we shouldn't expect any announcements at a keynote speech.

They're holding 3 conferences? Holy shit.

No, this is just a livestream of their stage events.

They do stuff like showcase games on-stage, have interviews on the spot, and various other activities on the TGS floor.

How are Japanese people going to react at this TGS? Isn't it weird that you have this great presentation, getting Japanese people all excited, but then you tell them they can't have it till next year? Is it a slap in the face for them?

I'd be pissed.

I think it is and shows how much more important other regions have become. Sony really wants to win back North America and can only make so many units.

Usobuko

Banned

I'd be pissed.

Nah, only 3 out of 14 games are exclusively on PS4.

I'd be pissed.

You aren't Japanese, you wouldn't understand.

All my Japanese friends are wayyy more hyped for VitaTV than PS4. That tells you how different the gaming landscape there is.

Also, the Japanese has a saying. 仕方が無い, meaning "can't be helped." Japanese typically doesn't mind, so long as it's given a clear explanation/reason. If very serious, an apology would suffice either.

Tsunamo

9AM in the morning for me, that's a bit early but I'll probably end up watching all three assuming I don't get kicked from the NicoNico streams.

hwy_61

Banned
You aren't Japanese, you wouldn't understand.

All my Japanese friends are wayyy more hyped for VitaTV than PS4. That tells you how different the gaming landscape there is.

Also, the Japanese has a saying. 仕方が無い, meaning "can't be helped." Japanese typically doesn't mind, so long as it's given a clear explanation/reason. If very serious, an apology would suffice either.

In other words, Japan don't care?

What a contrast to America.

When is the main conference? "The world PlayStation 4 creates"

18th : Pre-TGS conference. This is where they'll basically have part 2 of their conference last week, and maybe we can get some new announcements + dates for non-Japan Asian countries.

19th : "The World PS4 Creates" keynote. Keynotes typically are just speeches that talk broadly about the theme of the speech, and rarely do any announcements be made here...

Rarely.

So if The Last Guardian doesn't get re-revealed at any of these three events, then that pretty much means we'll have to wait until E3 next year before there's a realistic chance of seeing it get announced again.

That's a depressing, sobering thought.

satam55

Banned

Rarely.

I'll add this to the OP.

SJRB

Gold Member
So if The Last Guardian doesn't get re-revealed at any of these three conferences, then that pretty much means we'll have to wait until E3 next year before there's a realistic chance of seeing it get announced again.

You seriously expect TLG to make an appearance during this TGS? Why?

You seriously expect TLG to make an appearance during this TGS? Why?

Why not? It's a Japanese game, it's funded by Sony and it's got to see the light of day again at some point in the future. Are you saying TLG is too big a deal to make an appearance at TGS?

So if The Last Guardian doesn't get re-revealed at any of these three events, then that pretty much means we'll have to wait until E3 next year before there's a realistic chance of seeing it get announced again.

Having that game announced for the PS4 and coming out first in Japan (with a release date) would wash away all the frustrations of having the system not come out until 2014. If we don't hear about TLG it would be downright embarrassing for Sony.

Foshy

Rarely.

Thanks. Do we know the time at which the Pre-TGS conference starts?

neoemonk

Oooh Deep Down. First next gen game I've seen that could potentially convince me to spring for a new console. Can't wait to see more about this.

Are you saying TLG is too big a deal to make an appearance at TGS?

Short answer is yes.

The long answer is that TLG, despite being a Japanese game, simply has too much of a global appeal to be wasted to make its next-gen relaunch at TGS.

It's the same reason why FFXV & KH3 gets unveiled at E3 instead of TGS. It's a different landscape now, and TGS is more suitable an avenue for games that are a lot more local in flavour.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
The Last Guaridan is dead guys.

Dead.

I refuse to be disappointed again!

I'm so confused right now.

So we get 3 stage events and also a conference?
Or is there no conference, just these events?

18th: pre-TGS SCEJA press conference.
19th : TGS opening keynote "The World PS4 Creates" & Sony TGS stage event
21st : Sony TGS stage event
22nd : Sony TGS stage event

Samyy

Why not? It's a Japanese game, it's funded by Sony and it's got to see the light of day again at some point in the future. Are you saying TLG is too big a deal to make an appearance at TGS?

It has a lot more appeal in the west then it probably does in Japan. Makes zero sense to show it at TGS, could be a incredibly high impact announcement at an event like E3 or the VGAs.

Short answer is yes.

The long answer is that TLG, despite being a Japanese game, simply has too much of a global appeal to be wasted to make its next-gen relaunch at TGS.

It's the same reason why FFXV & KH3 gets unveiled at E3 instead of TGS. It's a different landscape now, and TGS is more suitable an avenue for games that are a lot more local in flavour.

It has a lot more appeal in the west then it probably does in Japan. Makes zero sense to show it at TGS, could be a incredibly high impact announcement at an event like E3 or the VGAs.

You guys are bumming me out.

Top Bottom