• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces PlayStation livestream schedule & links for TGS 2013

Endo Punk

what's the point of splitting your conf into 2 part if they don't have new stuff to show. that part 1 tgs show felt like it focused more on 3rd party games. I think we'll be seeing the 1st party japan games. TLG, Demons Souls 2, HSG, some RPG or something.

come on Sony

I don't expect all of those games to be shown but at least 1 big announcement for the fanbase needs to occur. Just 1 more before the launch.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
what's the point of splitting your conf into 2 part if they don't have new stuff to show. that part 1 tgs show felt like it focused more on 3rd party games. I think we'll be seeing the 1st party japan games. TLG, Demons Souls 2, HSG, some RPG or something.

come on Sony

Yeah, I'm definitely expecting some new games. Sony keeps surprising me with how many games they announce at once (1st & 3rd party). I think we got over 10 new games for PS4/Vita at Gamescom (bu..bu..but indie! shut up) so I'm pretty excited here.

That being said, I don't want to see The Last Guardian until they have a firm release date. I'll roll my eyes at some "Fall 2014" type of announcement.

come on Sony

You dont know how much i want you to be right(and how much my wallet wants you to be wrong), but ill just keep my expectations tempered for now.

If and when they announce DS2 and TLG then ill proceed to wet the bed haha

Caronte

Sony better not get too comfortable on cruise control, that's how you lose your head. They need to stop teasing and just show TLG. Face it the game is only a big deal amongst the gaming media and hardcore audience. Showing at E3 or TGS doesn't make a difference, it will sell exactly like ICO and SOTC which is to say not much at all. So just reveal the game and stop taking the fans for granted.

TLG will either get a week to itself next week where it will definitely get worldwide attention or it will get swallowed up by other bigger announcments next year.

Yeah Sony, show a CGI for the game and then make us wait 3 or 4 years. I'm sure the fans would like that.

They will show the game when it's ready. They have learned from their mistakes.

Endo Punk

Yeah Sony, show a CGI for the game and then make us wait 3 or 4 years. I'm sure the fans would like that.

They will show the game when it's ready. They have learned from their mistakes.

Team ICO don't do CGI and a trailer with no release date didn't stop FFV13 sorry FF15 from getting huge attention. I gotta think TLG is further along than FF15 because it's nowhere near bigger in scope.

Elixist

TLG! TLG! TLG! TLG!

wow-its-fucking-nothing_zps07dd6ff8.jpg

:(

ReaperXL7

Not sure if its been mentioned, but there is also the Sony/Playism event happening around the end of TGS. Thetrin hinted that we could get some announcements from that aswell.

Really interested to see how the indie stuff goes down in Japan.

Caronte

Team ICO don't do CGI and a trailer with no release date didn't stop FFV13 sorry FF15 from getting huge attention. I gotta think TLG is further along than FF15 because it's nowhere near bigger in scope.

It gets attention but people also complain about it. Wait for 2 or 3 years when Kingdom Hearts 3 is still nowhere to be finished and people start complaining. Sony has been criticized a lot this generation for announcing games that would take a lot of years to be released. They know it and that's why they don't want to announce their games too son this time.

tensuke

Persona 5 and TLG, please Sony? And some more english translations of the conferences. :)

Sounds good though if they're having another pre-TGS conference, wonder if they have more unannounced stuff saved up for that. Other than the release date, Sony's really killing it in Japan, better than expected imo.

$h@d0w

Mark MacDonald brought attention to this and tweeted:
@markmacd said:
Sony announces (Japanese) stage show / livestream schedule for Tokyo Game Show this week http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=678337
He works for 8-4, a game localisation company. In a recent podcast, he tweeted that 8-4 was working on huge secret projects.

Why would he tweet this?

Another thing, Shane Bettenhausen (part of the third party relations team) was sent to TGS and he is on the ground in Japan.
@johntv said:
@ShaneWatch trying (not succeeding) to sell @markmacd on Vita TV. #TGS2013 http://t.co/tbNHoTjKQF
What is he doing in Japan? He's good friends with people at 8-4 and well known for liking PSO, Japanese RPGs and Final Fantasy.

Am I talking absolute shit and overhyping nothing?
Most likely.

FluxWaveZ

Mark MacDonald brought attention to this and tweeted:

He works for 8-4, a game localisation company. In a recent podcast, he tweeted that 8-4 was working on huge secret projects.

Why would he tweet this?

Why... why wouldn't he? He likes video games.

Oh, you're implying that there's something to be announced there that they've been working on recently other than Might No. 9?

I'm willing to bet money that watch dogs will be featured. That game has, without fail, been at every PS conference. I laughed when they showed it at the Japanese reveal because it just looked like they were showing it out of contractual obligation at that point.

Gskyace

Grimløck;81946585 said:
Hopefully something more than MSG and Dynasty Warriors.

I do expect a next-gen demo of MGS5 on SCEJA Asia Session, because Kojima showed gameplay on the opening ceremony for Kojima Production LA studio, according to the report. They don't have a booth for 18+ this year, so this could be there only chance. As far as I know, people from Konami is going there, too.

Dynasty Warriors is quite popular in Japan and China, but also, I do expect more.

I think one way or the other, the TLG can story can at least finally rest with this TGS. All Team Ico games (including the prior TLG reveal) were done at TGS, and if it bypasses this one, at least the whole issue can be put to rest.

We just need it confirmed. It's too hard to go on like this :(

More hype. I love it. I can't even imagine if Team Sony truly has yet more games/surprises to announce. They're on fire this year, from February onward. Could anyone have imagined a year ago that PlayStation would have built such a strong mindshare for its next console (and hell, even Vita) without relying on any hype from Naughty Dog, SSM and Team Ico? And with just one 3rd party exclusive on PS4? Lots of ammo in the pipeline. I don't expect much of a post-launch drought with this machine.

As for TLG... I wasn't convinced that's it's a PS4 game a while ago when so many others were. But now I think it very well may be. I think they're waiting to announce it post-PS4 launch in order to sustain the hype. Whether that's in December at the VGAs or early next year or even a year from now - I don't know. I have faith that it will resurface though. (Plenty of PS3 owners will be miffed, though... )

Takao

Banned
Sony's announced a single internally developed Vita game this entire calendar year. One more chance to change that I guess.

Anko

So I guess the second pre-tgs event won't be live streamed :(
You mean the conference that is supposedly meant for Asia... Won't be streamed for Asia to watch?

The lack of any news of any stream thus far is worrying.. But really? That's just silly (and mean). I'll give the PS Asia site one more day (today). They're usually slow on updates...

Top Bottom