• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Never-before-seen Star Wars blooper reel surfaces and shows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That explosion is WAY too fucking much. I can't believe they even tried to continue the scene after that.

Like, I think the first stormtrooper through the door after that is legitimately concussed.

ElFly

Luke's car still look badass in its non floating form.

e: need a gif of the aliens at the start pushing their fingers in each others' chest

Stet

Banned
It looks like their shoes aren't even padded, just plastic sliding all over the place like a cat with mittens on.

Sober

That explosion is WAY too fucking much. I can't believe they even tried to continue the scene after that.

Like, I think the first stormtrooper through the door after that is legitimately concussed.
Yeah that was crazy.

Also all those stormtroopers just gliding around.

Grym

LOL would it really have cost too much to put some damn soles or rubber or something on the stormtroooper boots?!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Not to mention the debris flying right towards Han's double's head, shit is legit crazy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It looks like their shoes aren't even padded, just plastic sliding all over the place like a cat with mittens on.

RyRH6fj.gif

AlexMogil

I think Harrison Ford legitimately wondered if someone got blown up.

Edit: Jesus gods I keep watching that whole chunk of wall flying off and keep lauging

Edit 2: How much explosives did they use exactly?! HAHA

shuri

Banned
I own one of those high quality replica storm trooper helmet, and it's hard to see really well around with them; i'm not surprised that the guys had problems doing stuff like that!

You can't really look down while wearing stormtrooper armor, so yea that musta been a bitch of a stunt to attempt for them. At conventions and events we do I constantly have to watch out for the small children who hover around us since we can't see them lol. The original TK stormies in the movie also were held up using clasps that would easily come apart, so yea surprised parts weren't constantly falling off them in more scenes with how rough they sometimes are moving around.

I own one of those high quality replica storm trooper helmet, and it's hard to see really well around with them; i'm not surprised that the guys had problems doing stuff like that!

It's worse with the chest plate on, as it stops the helmet from being able to fully tilt so your range of neck motion is severely limited besides the crappy vision.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
why are the blasters firing blanks?

They wanted blasters to have some believable recoil and a flash effect when firing. Most people really suck at faking recoil. The timing between trigger pulls and having the weapon "jump" is off tremendously, and it makes post-production animation, even the basic raycasted overlays they had back then, a bitch. Hell, in some of the old TV shows, like Buck Rogers or Battlestar Galactica, some folks would recoil forward when they used weapons, which looked really, really strange. The flash effect also lets them cheat a little... they don't have to line up all animations with the barrel or animate their own flash effects. Practical effects were really about doing the best with what you have, and ILM was fantastic at that.

ToxicAdam

I'm just shocked there is still SW footage that hasn't been released yet. You would think people would've seen the value in adding this to a DVD or something.

I'm just shocked there is still SW footage that hasn't been released yet. You would think people would've seen the value in adding this to a DVD or something.

George was waiting for the re-re-release of the bluray super duper ultra maxi special edition bluray.

shuri

Banned
It's worse with the chest plate on, as it stops the helmet from being able to fully tilt so your range of neck motion is severely limited besides the crappy vision.
do you know a good place to get an E-11 blaster? That originalstormtrooper.com site is selling a very cool looking one (but then again it seems they designed them in the first place), but Ive seen much more expensive versions around on ebay.

I'm not going to use it, its just going to be a prop in my movie room. But still I don't want to buy a replica that is going to look like .. an expensive toy.

liquidtmd

Banned

Prior to the buyout they were probably waiting until the super mega ultimate blu-ray re-release to include it

EDIT: Goddammit Escape Goat

Xmas 2014 - a clean print of the OT blu-ray editions with widescreen corrections and thats it. Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom