• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
i5UVnEV2b7YtY.jpg

How did you use your Elgato to capture? Just making it full screen and screen caping the PC?

The Elgato has a screencapture function. If you go to edit after recording, just right click anywhere on the timeline and hit "screenshot to desktop." I think you can do it from the capture window too. There's keyboard shortcuts too. It's like alt + ctrl + shift + c or something like that, I forget lol.

Stillmatic

Captured these using the share button, then sent them to a friend by sending a message via PSN. Opened the messages using the PS app, "saved" them to my tablet, then shared using Google+

Umm...That's a way better method for compression! Still not perfect, but way better. Cheers!

I uploaded a screen to Facebook and Twitter, and also just tried the App method (sent a message/downloaded to phone via PS App/connected phone to PC and grabbed the image):

20131204080348qqzjo.jpg

Taking all sources into Photoshop in terms of PQ: App extract>>>Twitter>Facebook.

Twitter Vs App comparison: (Zoomed)
twitvsappzry5f.gif

:)

StaSeb

Umm...That's a way better method for compression! Still not perfect, but way better. Cheers!

I uploaded a screen to Facebook and Twitter, and also just tried the App method (sent a message/downloaded to phone via PS App/connected phone to PC and grabbed the image):

:)

Did you get the original-resolution-pic from twitter via the good ole ":eek:rig"-trick?

All these Knack screenshots somehow do not look as sharp as I would expect them. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing. On one side, it seems like a blurry post-processing AA solution, on the other side it gives the game a pretty natural look.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Killzone looks really good

man, it's such a shame 3D World doesn't feature a fully zooming camera. The constantly zoomed out angle really doesn't make for very exciting pictures, and the game is damn deserving of such because it looks incredible. For example, this one would be impossible to take ingame

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The compression does terrible things to Knack. These shots (were) beautiful while I was playing the game. They're terribly compressed even viewing them locally via PS4. They really need a lossless capture option asap.

1167431_544438622298018_1454282449_o.jpg

1491469_544438522298028_1768022706_o.jpg

Stillmatic

Great shots. What do you mean exported via PS App?

You need 2 accounts. On your PS4 message the other account a screenshot. Log into the PS App on your mobile with the account the message was sent to and check the message/s. Save the screens to your phone and export from there or transfer them to your PC to upload. Screens are far less compressed!

Timu

The compression does terrible things to Knack. These shots (were) beautiful while I was playing the game. They're terribly compressed even viewing them locally via PS4. They really need a lossless capture option asap.
Incoming 1MB pics!=p

Screens are far less compressed!
Yeah that's true, though I rather have no compression, and games in motion still makes them compress quite a bit sadly.

Stillmatic

Incoming 1MB pics!=p

Yeah that's true, though I rather have no compression, and games in motion still makes them compress quite a bit sadly.

Yeah definitely. Until Sony adds other options this is as good as it gets without a capture card and HDCP stripper. It's not too bad, far better than Twitter/Facebook anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You need 2 accounts. On your PS4 message the other account a screenshot. Log into the PS App on your mobile with the account the message was sent to and check the message/s. Save the screens to your phone and export from there or transfer them to your PC to upload. Screens are far less compressed!

I wish there was a way to do this without two accounts.

nib95

Banned

Awesome.

Timu

5eb0e6f2_20131203210426.png

05e90bb3_20131203213440.png

3a74ffd8_20131203214006.png

Yeah definitely. Until Sony adds other options this is as good as it gets without a capture card and HDCP stripper. It's not too bad, far better than Twitter/Facebook anyway.
Sony should had allowed uncompressed screens, sure, they'll be over 1MB, but at the cost of brilliance and to show how beautiful console games are. Also Resogun suffers the most in compression from what I've seen due to like a million effects, lol.

UNCMark

Banned
I finally unloaded Killzone on someone at Amazon and put the money towards Pikmin. You guys and your Wii U pics are costing me money. I gotta have that holiday level.

Cubed

There's an easier way as long as you have a friend on PSN that doesn't mind you sending them pics:

Send all your pics on PS4 to a friend via a message and then sign into your PS App and look at your sent messages. Boom! Save them that way.

Again, this is a way to do it without making two profiles, but you'll likely annoy a friend. ;)

Stillmatic

Sony should had allowed uncompressed screens, sure, they'll be over 1MB, but at the cost of brilliance and to show how beautiful console games are. Also Resogun suffers the most in compression from what I've seen due to like a million effects, lol.

Indeed. It's basically free advertising, lol.

I just check the file sizes of the jpg's grabbed using the PS App method, they range from 700KB - 1.4MB so far. I'll pop in Resogun later and see how badly that suffers.

Both of these are around 1.2MB
20131204083304v4j0b.jpg

20131204083627apk3v.jpg

There's an easier way as long as you have a friend on PSN that doesn't mind you sending them pics:

Send all your pics on PS4 to a friend via a message and then sign into your PS App and look at your sent messages. Boom! Save them that way.

Again, this is a way to do it without making two profiles, but you'll likely annoy a friend. ;)

Awesome, that's good to know!

Timu

Indeed. It's basically free advertising, lol.

I just check the file sizes of the jpg's grabbed using the PS App method, they range from 700KB - 1.4MB so far. I'll pop in Resogun later and see how badly that suffers.

Both of these are around 1.2MB
20131204083304v4j0b.jpg

20131204083627apk3v.jpg
Better but...Sony needs to have a better built in capture feature if compression still happens at 1MB still.o_O

StaSeb

Hey thanks for pointing out that little way of exporting good quality pictures - even though I am missing the IOS/Android-device to use ist. Also good work on delivering great shots too!

Top Bottom