• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

More WWHD (WiiU)

ibkX6GYKYOHcqj.jpg

iUlsw2CFbzz5l.jpg

i6oILFDsaRFUd.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Because of the those differences in lighting, better subsurface scattering, and differences in texture filtering.

A bit of hyperbole since I know Crytek used the same models. But the point should still come across. Because of how they were represented they barely look like the same models.

Edit: Thanks for dedicating some of your time to me though.

'Barely look like the same models'? What absurd hyperbole.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is actually the free Christmas themed bonus level (Fortress of Festivity) received with the update from today

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ilu5k.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019gu3r.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017huxh.jpg

OryoN

Those Pikmin 3 DLC pics are amazing. The food/fruit in the game always makes my mouth water. I'd tear that pizza up right now, including that creature in the middle of it. Hey, it shouldn't have been there!

Also, the detail on that Christmas tree, wow!

boeso

It looks awful, ill post some soon, nothing close to PC on maxed like they said, its like low/medium settings, looks bad vs last gen

Ahh, disappointing. I'm hoping its not too bad, though I always hate it when producers over promise and under deliver; I'm sure I read the devs comparing it to PC favourably. Still, I'd like those screens wink wink, nudge nudge! : )

Ricky_R

I realize that similar shots were probably already posted, but here are three from Knack. First is a cut-scene, the other two gameplay.

Compression be dammed.

iLozwtj0g6Th2.jpg

i9khXeThdUyEQ.jpg

itp78MuAR7dl7.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I realize that similar shots were probably already posted, but here are three from Knack. First is a cut-scene, the other two gameplay.
Are any of the cutscenes in Knack rendered in realtime or are they all video files? The game can look really nice a lot of the time regardless, going off some of the screens posted here. Strange that it wasn't much praised for its visuals, when to my eyes the screens you posted look a whole lot more 'next gen' than any AC4 screen I've seen.

Playing the free mission while the rest download.
http://s14.postimg.org/6vlt9a5j5/Wii_U_screenshot_TV_012_BD.jpg[/img
[img]http://s14.postimg.org/8r8lkfudd/Wii_U_screenshot_TV_012_BD.jpg[/img
[img]http://s9.postimg.org/nz45s81y7/Wii_U_screenshot_TV_012_BD.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, nice. New dlc!! And indoors. Great theme too :)

Chris_C

Captured these using the share button, then sent them to a friend by sending a message via PSN. Opened the messages using the PS app, "saved" them to my tablet, then shared using Google+

It did not help with the compression, ha!

13%20-%201.jpg

13%20-%202.jpg

13%20-%203.jpg

13%20-%204.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Some Killzone shots, messing around with the screenshot feature for the first time. It really is a shame these are such low res.

ibaMwirGZF3jPT.jpg

iG5N6KtzrMAu9.jpg

iK3oC3PkCO8CP.jpg

Ricky_R

Are any of the cutscenes in Knack rendered in realtime or are they all video files? The game can look really nice a lot of the time regardless, going off some of the screens posted here. Strange that it wasn't much praised for its visuals, when to my eyes the screens you posted look a whole lot more 'next gen' than any AC4 screen I've seen.

I think the cut-scenes are all video files. There's enough difference in quality to notice it. Game looks marvelous either way, although there are some bland looking areas.

The IQ is super clean too.

Some Killzone shots, messing around with the screenshot feature for the first time. It really is a shame these are such low res.

If you're using facebook, select the shot you want to use and click options. There you can download the image at 1080p (still compressed though).

Pitmonkey

Probably the best two bosses in the game:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e5i8e.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nni7h.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xxc9n.jpg

I thank you for posting these. Pikmin 3 is such a horrifying game at it's core. At one end you get a maniac bee-thingy that ginsu's your damn Pikmin with it's drones and on the other you get this nasty crab/clam hybrid that wipes your entire crew out with it's big ass tongue.

My God Pikmin was brilliant.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I thank you for posting these. Pikmin 3 is such a horrifying game at it's core. At one end you get a maniac bee-thingy that ginsu's your damn Pikmin with it's drones and on the other you get this nasty crab/clam hybrid that wipes your entire crew out with it's big ass tongue.

Yeah, the bee queen was the first boss that made me say loud "WTF I do now?". The drones synchronized dance and defence/attack series is really hypnotic. Also the earth clam is not a nice think to see coming towards you clumping harder and faster killing or drowing your pikmins. Poor souls.

And a giant fucking dick. *shudders*

I think the time has come to leave this behind you. Move on. lol

D-e-f-

Banned

And a giant fucking dick. *shudders*

Top Bottom