• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blobbers

Based on Verendus' last posts and some of my own personal preferences, I think he just inadvertently told us Fallout 4 is getting announced at PSE and it's to be a PS4 exclusive (you can also use the vita as a Pip Boy).
So there you go. That's one cat out of the bag.

Verendus

Banned
Seems like a last minute push for faith in SCEA. I'm sure Adam Boyes will eventually look at this thread and sweat bullets when he realises his region is about to let down the entire world once again. No pressure of course.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I'll have you know, I was taught photoshop in the country of Japan because I felt I needed to make the avatar. But since your skills are probably still far beyond mine, PM me your avatars. I wanted to allocate the same one to everyone so there are a bunch of clones running around. It's funnier that way.

hehe ok. I'll pm you some creations (have quite a bit of artwork to work with) - since you want a single avatar for everyone - I'll have some catch-phrase in them (I can think of few good ones).

Clone Wars.
Clone Knack.
Fake Knack.
Haters Hate.
Lost Bet
Lost a Bet
Soldier Knack
Army Knack
Private Knack
Love Knack
I Love Knack

etc....

Ex:
dZaQN14.jpg

Only problem it seems is finding a good damn font.

StuBurns

Banned
Fallout as an exclusive, cute.

I don't get the Boyes comment. It's not like Sony only announce games developed in the same region as their events. It just seems to be based on the marketing cycle of a product, so whatever they have for July/August/September next year or whatever.

DJIzana

Seems like a last minute push for faith in SCEA. I'm sure Adam Boyes will eventually look at this thread and sweat bullets when he realises his region is about to let down the entire world once again. No pressure of course.

Rime, maybe The Witness, FF Type-0 HD, FFXV, Persona 5 is all I need from Sony right now. Hellblade and maybe one or two unannounced games would be nice too. Don't think I'm asking for too much there, right? ;)

Ozorov

I don't get the Boyes comment. It's not like Sony only announce games developed in the same region as their events. It just seems to be based on the marketing cycle of a product, so whatever they have for July/August/September next year or whatever.

Where can I read Boyes comment?

I'll keep the bet open for a few more days, and then we'll end it since I'm going to be gone for a few weeks. Unless someone else decides to take over and add any further participants.

I'm honestly surprised by how many people chose that option considering how it happened. You're all good sports, I'll give you that.

let me guess...Your going to sneak into the Square Enix HQ to steal some more Informations on the FF7 Remake. Then you will share it with us on Gaf and make everyone crazy.

I appreciate your work..Sniff

farmerboy

You can only choose one option. And whilst there is a right answer, that doesn't mean there isn't a wrong one. It's not like I know...

Your choices:

a) SCEE announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
b) SCEA announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
c) SCEJ/A announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
d) SCE announces no new PS4 exclusives, but one or more re-masters to be released in 2015.
e) SCE announces no exclusives at all.
f) A new exclusive from Capcom is announced for PS4.
g) Next generation Mass Effect is unveiled (footage, title etc.).
h) Street Fighter is announced as an exclusive to PS4.
i) Rockstar unveils their next generation game.
j) Valve announces an exclusive for PS4.
k) Knack 2 is announced.
l) A new IP by a third party is announced.
m) FFVII remake is announced.

My balls are on the line for option c. Verendus you cheeky bugger, I'd forgotten about this. Those options have my mind racing.

It's shaping up to be a great event.

And by option c I'm really gunning for TLG. Fuck it. My faith is UNWAVERING and RESOLUTE.

Just in time for SCEJ to steal their thunder and become the global powerhouse in SCEWWS

WHAT IS THIS. WHY DID I NOT HEAR OF THIS.

Valkyria Chronicles follow up or I riot.

We know SCEJ and Capcom are doing something together.....Verendus said SCEJ are also working with SEGA. Here's hoping for a VC4 or something by that team.

androvsky

It's been so long, I honestly thought there'd have been a lot more bet participants by now, but it looks like nothing has happened. Clearly, I must organise this too, better, faster, stronger. Surely folks are feeling a little more confident now that the new VGA or whatever is confirmed, and more information has been given about the Playstation event. My favourite game is going to be there. Who's to say yours will not? Who can say that? And what's the worst that could happen, really?

You could lose your avatar for a few months, but are you always going to be on GAF looking at your avatar? It's not like I'm Optimus Prime and asking for your face. It's just a picture. And does it matter if it's for Knack? You may have been Knack in a previous life.

Think about that for a second.

I forget, what was the upside if we won? Was there any? Becoming a prognosticating legend for correctly guessing Sony is unveiling a major first-party title at their own big event might not be enticing enough.

Verendus

Banned
Should I be disappointed Verendus? I feel when I read your posts there's a sense of "expect nothing, you all lost" scenario here.
This is the biggest Playstation event in years, and likely the coming years too. Now, I'm going to admit I'm biased to this particular event, but I think it's something to be very excited for, even for those who aren't attending. Those who are, I'm sure they'll have a blast. Alternatively, everyone cries, that's fine too.

You didn't understand the comment, that's why you don't get it. It's okay though. I tend to mostly speak to myself.

I will take C, A new JRPG IP will be announced BELIEVE!

bring on my knack avatar :(
My balls are on the line for option c. Verendus you cheeky bugger, I'd forgotten about this. Those options have my mind racing.

It's shaping up to be a great event.

And by option c I'm really gunning for TLG. Fuck it. My faith is UNWAVERING and RESOLUTE.
Just so you know, the avatar I give in some weird deformed way would have kind of have been made by someone who made TLG. You'd be that close to that imaginary game. Even more reason why you're doing the right thing by taking part.

Lucreto

I hope for Dark Cloud 3.

Since its the 20th Anniversary it could be a big title so I guess FF VII remake.

It is a defining titles of the PS1 era and a highly request title.

Square Enix said it would cost a lot and take years to make, so a joint venture like Bloodborne could be on the cards.

Was it one of Gaf's insiders saying it was in development or was it that Tidux fellow?

StuBurns

Banned
You didn't understand the comment, that's why you don't get it. It's okay though. I tend to mostly speak to myself.
Oh, okay. Then I will now take it to mean he'll be concerned by how much the upcoming TLG rereveal will put to shame everything SCEA is making. I understand his pain.

Feed Miegakure to the lions.

x-Lundz-x

Based on Verendus' last posts and some of my own personal preferences, I think he just inadvertently told us Fallout 4 is getting announced at PSE and it's to be a PS4 exclusive (you can also use the vita as a Pip Boy).

That would be CRAZY. I would love to see it happen though, but I hughly doubt that's really going to happen. Then again I never thought Tomb Raider would be exclusive, even if it is timed.

This is the biggest Playstation event in years, and likely the coming years too. Now, I'm going to admit I'm biased to this particular event, but I think it's something to be very excited for, even for those who aren't attending. Those who are, I'm sure they'll have a blast. Alternatively, everyone cries, that's fine too.

Just so you know, the avatar I give in some weird deformed way would have kind of have been made by someone who made TLG. You'd be that close to that imaginary game. Even more reason why you're doing the right thing by taking part.

I've got a good feeling about this event, I think TLG will finally be re-announced at this event.

If not we can always wait till the next event. HOPE!

StoopKid

I fully expect phil spencer to moneyhat fallout 4.

You can only choose one option. And whilst there is a right answer, that doesn't mean there isn't a wrong one. It's not like I know...

Your choices:

a) SCEE announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
b) SCEA announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
c) SCEJ/A announces a first party exclusive to be released in 2015, which is not a re-master.
d) SCE announces no new PS4 exclusives, but one or more re-masters to be released in 2015.
k) Knack 2 is announced.

I think its very fair. The time limit is from when you take the bet until Christmas Day. You lose if your chosen option doesn't come to fruition by that time. The chosen option has to be fulfilled as written. For example, if SCEE announce a new exclusive, but don't mention it's releasing in 2015, you lose. I've given an easy out, and plenty of reasonable choices I feel.

But don't take the cowards way out. Live dangerously.

If you lose, I choose your avatar and you have to wear it for 4 months. But it can be whatever. You can't modify it. You have to wear it as a symbol of pride.

Edit:

Bet Participants:

SteelAlchemist
Crimson_Gold
Dragon Puncher
iceatcs
Naughty_Doge
WooHooAlex
Ombala
Magic Mushroom
dragonbane
valkillmore
R_Deckard
Kaswa101

BlackBuzzard
The God
Hexa
jackissocool
Vroadstar
AkelisRain
slavesnyder
Dreadx_Jecht
Nickerbocker98
orochi91

sense
GnawtyDog
Psycho_Mantis
Reveirg
Callibretto
Rosur
Tagg9
badgerfan20945
ConfusedGamer
farmerboy

CreeperBlocks

FinalStageBoss

jiggle
B.O.O.M

serversurfer
JuanLatino
Turkoop
Hydrargyrus

GloriousBagel
Chobel
IAmRandom31

k) Knack 2 is announced.
Triggerhappytel

Gooch: The Destroyer

Wrynnax
Amvient
Koozek
donutzsick
crazyprac
castaction
The Last One

Fuck it I go with C, in Japan Studio I trust.

Verendus you forgot one option :

n ) No new games announced

But i'm going with :

I'm 100% sure, you know it and i know it :p

Ishida

Banned

Verendus, please answer with a simple "yes" or "no".

Do you know what's going to be shown during the event?

Verendus

Banned
Verendus you forgot one option :

n ) No new games announced

But i'm going with :

I'm 100% sure, you know it and i know it :p
Option E is for no new exclusives so that's pretty much the same. But with your choice, we now only have one option with no one supporting it and that's Mass Effect.

Rymuth

People are falling for Verendus' smoke and mirrors~~ why can't ya'll see it's like making a Faustian deal?! He's gotta have a loophole in there somewhere that allows him to win the bet whilst technically not lying either.

He's the devil, I tells ya!

Skeff

I'm Gunna have to go for K. It's all about Knack.

Knack: Return of the knack
Knack: Knack to the Future
Knack: Aint no hollaKnack girl
Knack: the empire strikes Knack
Knack: a Knack in time

My body is Ready.

GooWop

Your choices:

k) Knack 2 is announced.

Put me down for option F Verendus.
Ready for dat ps4 Power Stone!

StuBurns

Banned
The list is strange, because it almost seems like it's a joke, and they get less likely as they go down the list, except the thing about third parties announcing a game. Although actually now the Game Awards are confirmed to be so close, why announce a game at Sony's thing unless it didn't make the cut for the Game Awards, so maybe that's why.

People are falling for Verendus' smoke and mirrors~~ why can't ya'll see it's like making a Faustian deal?! He's gotta have a loophole in there somewhere that allows him to win the bet whilst technically not lying either.

well, he cannot lose anyway. and whatever answer ist right, there will always be quite a lot who lose.

so, participating is pointless, adds no real value to your life and can only do harm.
but you will do it anyway.

Neogaf_zpsa9c8677f.gif

wmlk

The list is strange, because it almost seems like it's a joke, and they get less likely as they go down the list, except the thing about third parties announcing a game. Although actually now the Game Awards are confirmed to be so close, why announce a game at Sony's thing unless it didn't make the cut for the Game Awards, so maybe that's why.

The list outlines literally every possible thing that could happen.

Essentially, people are getting excited that something might happen. What exciting times.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, please answer with a simple "yes" or "no".

Do you know what's going to be shown during the event?
"yes" "no"

But yeah, pretty much.

Did you know Lucifer is the bringer of light? First comes night, then comes dawn, then comes the light. Maybe the devil's deal is a good one. But it's not about being right or wrong, it's about having some fun.

Put me down for option F Verendus.
Ready for dat ps4 Power Stone!
What if you get an arena fighter superficially similar to Power Stone, and it's not from Capcom, and it's not at the Playstation Experience? Would you still be ready? I miss the Dreamcast too.

Down for F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom