• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn Updated with New Modes, PS4 Pro Support

I own this for PS4, and the no need to unlock anyone now will get me to go back to it! Overwatch took me away from everything, but I actually enjoyed the beta enough to pick it up at launch and never thought it deserved the bashing that its received. Will revisit to check it out!

It's almost as bad as the Lara Croft one for the Tomb Raider reboot. Need a hall of shame for collectors editions.

DzWV4VG.jpg

Kthulhu

Someone like Miko with a decent build can tank it's way through the campaign.

Wanna be our 4th member?

Honestly I would if there weren't so many games coming out soon. I shit on Battleborn but I don't really mean it.

It's a shame a new IP just got destroyed like that. The one time Pitchford wasn't a scumbag he doesn't get rewarded for it.

Fancolors

I can't see any reason for them to keep updating this game unless it goes F2P or a adopts another alternative for monetisation in the near future.

Gurrry

I put nearly 100 hours into the game. Its not as terrible as everyone thinks. Sure, Overwatch ate its lunch and it definitely has its flaws, but its an alright game.

Ill check out the update, but I doubt it keeps my interest for long.

Mossybrew

Solid, fun game that just landed at the absolute worst time. It's been a while since I've played, but I think I'll download it again to check out this patch.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If people are tempted with the thought of purchasing BattleBorn. I want to elaborate on Season Pass. You are going to get 5 "free"keys (which would unlock all 5 DLC characters) and all 5 Ops (Operation Story Mode).

You could purchase those DLC characters with 48k credits which could be earned in the game.

Here are 5 DLC characters if you are curious about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZYs2Nm3q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa-xiYTJQSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvZleoeFiZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOSNG24xOM

For Story Operation Mode

https://battleborn.com/en/dlc/

Why is this game so detested?

-Randy Pitchford
-30fps on consoles
-bad marketing
-Overwatch as competition (you have to choose a side, you see)
-bad beta (where is the tutorial?! it's a fairly complex online action game)
-divisive art style
-Not a casual game, harder than Overwatch or Call of Duty to learn
-Randy Pitchford

Gurrry

-Randy Pitchford
-30fps on consoles
-bad marketing
-Overwatch as competition (you have to choose a side, you see)
-bad beta (where is the tutorial?! it's a fairly complex online action game)
-divisive art style
-Not a casual game, harder than Overwatch or Call of Duty to learn
-Randy Pitchford

You can also add PC players having to wait for Console certifications before receiving updates. So basically, PC is almost always last to get the update for the game. The PC version isnt being updated til later tonight. Such a huge oversight and something that really turned me off of the game, even though I enjoyed it.

Are they doing the right thing? For a fanbase that's practically non-existent, doesn't supporting a game that no one plays more hurtful to their bottom line, and just put their studio at risk more?
The game has a decent population on XBO and I've read it's doing okay on PS4 as well. It obviously has issues on PC though.

Spinluck

Stop trying to make Battleborn happen... it's not going to happen.

Oh please, this should be applauded.

We need more devs supporting their software like this. For the bitching about specs and graphics on this board, we should want more optimization patches.

I used to look at this game and wonder why it couldn't run 60fps to begin with.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see that the dev team is still putting in work, but I'm sorry guys. I'm just not interested in the hobby grade.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Not here to sell this game but I purchased it 2 weeks ago and I've enjoyed it since then. I'm coming from Overwatch and they are two different type of games and BB does take time to adjust but if youre up for a challenge and have a premade it becomes super fun. Even without the premade you have the player vs bots and that's fun too. Good story and pretty good animations. I have it on ps4, will probably be on it tonight after gym.

Just to add the dev team does try to keep updates going and changes. Keeping things fresh, while listening to the small community. Reddit and Discord channel helps a lot.

cakely

If people are tempted with the thought of purchasing BattleBorn. I want to elaborate on Season Pass. You are going to get 5 "free"keys (which would unlock all 5 DLC characters) and all 5 Ops (Operation Story Mode).

I'm only going by the images you linked in your post, but those characters look ... awful.

acevans2

I'm shocked that a game that bombed so hard is having additional work like this put into it. Is it just prep for the free-to-play switchover?

I have to imagine they're putting in this work either because it'll help them figure out optimization (game's running on UE3, same as all of their stuff for the past few years) for PS4/PSPRO which would assist with upcoming projects [remember how Monolith made a PS Pro patch for ME: Shadow of Mordor? Likely similar motives here of just getting used to the hardware and the dev pipeline/tools needed].

OR

This game could be going F2P completely as Gearbox prepares one final push to make this game work. I'll go ahead and assume 2K gives them a long leash, but the failure of a new IP like this won't garner any support for future non-Borderlands endeavors if I had to wager a guess.

While I don't care for this game, and am not a big fan of Randy Pitchford (People can say "oh, cause of the Aliens:CM stuff??" but even besides that, dude's a compulsive liar, and I don't like that personality trait AT ALL), it's only beneficial for anyone who cares for this game, and if you don't, I wouldn't imagine this is delaying Borderlands 3 or whatever future project, so no reason to be overly critical of it.

deoee

It's sad this game flopped because it actually tried something new, had very good ideas and was full of content even at launch - everything gamers wish for these days.

Why is this game so detested?

Randy Pitchford.

People are still upset about the Alien thing years later and feel the childish need to take it out on all the devs that spent the last few years of their lives working on this completely unrelated game.

For all the hate that Pitchford gets, and alot of it is warranted, taking it out on every single project Gearbox ever makes for the rest of time is honestly far too much of an overreaction.

Top Bottom