• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roger Federer SuperNova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumpion

Not (previously) a Fed fan but his aggressive all-court game at Indian Wells was awesome to behold. I'm pretty sure nobody has played as well at 35 in the history of the sport.

ntropy

if you caught that man fucking you wife

what kind of sandwich would you make him
dame2.png

greepoman

I think just having the time off from the knee injury helped too. Since tennis doesn't really have an off season I think he needed it badly. Helped him mentally IMO.

And while he is the 🐐 in men's tennis...would you guys put him in a goat-off between him and Serena?

I think just having the time off from the knee injury helped too. Since tennis doesn't really have an off season I think he needed it badly. Helped him mentally IMO.

And while he is the 🐐 in men's tennis...would you guys put him in a goat-off between him and Serena?

Serena is better more grand slam titles. She's also been able to rebound and keep winning when you think she's done.

zero_suit

And while he is the �� in men's tennis...would you guys put him in a goat-off between him and Serena?

Serena>Fed.

Best slam final record in history.

Winning record against all major rivals.

She's won 10 slams after 30, which is absurd. Plus, she's had more comebacks than anyone I can think of.

Zackat

Serena the true GOAT, but Fed is right there with her. They are both amazing.

Speevy

Banned
Federer is on fire for sure, but Nadal needs to get his shit together.

He hasn't had a comeback in a while.

clemenx

Banned
Treat them as separate sports. We are blessed to see the 2 goats in the same era. No need to compare. I don't get why some Serena fans want to pick that overall goat fight all of the sudden.

Not (previously) a Fed fan but his aggressive all-court game at Indian Wells was awesome to behold. I'm pretty sure nobody has played as well at 35 in the history of the sport.

Jimmy Connors was still competitive with the top guys past 35.

And the great Pancho Gonzales was still capable of beating a prime Rod Laver when Pancho was 39-40 years old.

Henin just before she retired the first time gave Serena the toughest tests. Henin is actually ahead 4-3 in Grand Slams matches played.
There should be no single GOAT in tennis (should be GOAT Male and GOAT female).
Connors was barely competitive (unlike Fed now where he is dominating). I remember him toweling sometimes for minutes between points in that last US Open he played in.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Nadal tried to change his strategy today, but that involved feeding Federer's forehands. Not really such a great idea.

milanbaros

Member?
Serena>Fed.

She's won 10 slams after 30, which is absurd. Plus, she's had more comebacks than anyone I can think of.

The problem with these comparisons is that Federer is by far the better player than Serena.

Federer is the greatest tennis player of all time.
Serena can claim to be the greatest female tennis player of all time.

Both incredible champions but the comparison isn't worth it.

Tookay

I starting following tennis right as Fed's supposed "twilight period" was beginning, so it's been cool to see him rise to the top again and show everybody what he's made of.

Mimosa97

Serena is better more grand slam titles. She's also been able to rebound and keep winning when you think she's done.

Serena>Fed.

Serena the true GOAT, but Fed is right there with her. They are both amazing.

This is the kind of opinion you can only read on an american forum and especially a forum like Neogaf.

Like I understand where you're coming from but let's be real for a second. Serena has never ever ever ever faced the kind of competition Roger has faced. Achieving what Roger has achieved in his career is a bigger feat tthan what Serena did. Now Serena is clearly the female GOAT and she's one of the greatest athletes of all time, men and women combined but saying she's the all around tennis Goat and better than federer ? That's simply absurd. It's even worse than absurd. It's an insult to Federer and to the sport of Tennis. Serena is nowhere near the skill of a player like Federer and it has nothing to do with her gender or lack of strength compared to a man. We're talking about pure skill and talent. The shit Federer can come up with is just pure magic. Serena never in a million years could come close to it even if she trained 16 hours a day for the rest of her life.

Let's just enjoy the fact that we live in an era where we get the change to enjoy watching the best male and female players play at the top of their game.

Most likely not, the only reason he had a chance this time around is due to Joker's injury. If Joker was healthy he would have easily beaten federer if it came down to that for the millionth time.

Most likely not, the only reason he had a chance this time around is due to Joker's injury. If Joker was healthy he would have easily beaten federer if it came down to that for the millionth time.

But he wasn't healthy, so who cares? Health and injuries are part of the sport, on and off court.

And no, he may not have. Federer has been playing unreal tennis this tournament. That has nothing to do with his opponents. Did you think Nadal would've easily won at the AO too?

Speevy

Banned

I remember a time when Novak Djokovic couldn't stand to be out in the sun too long because he would overheat.

Then he became unbeatable.

Now he's no threat.

Let me know when he takes whatever drug or gets or whatever diet that makes him a threat again.

It's interesting that the two players who step up to the plate when Murray and Djokovic, #1 and #2 respectively, go off the boil aren't part of the new generation of players but Roger and Rafa, and now they have all 3 slams this year. Between them they've just pushed each other to become better and better, to the exclusion of the rest of the tour who have been left behind.

Congrats to Fed, it's incredible that he won it without dropping a set, but also worrying that nobody stepped up to the plate and gave him one really tough match.

But he wasn't healthy, so who cares? Health and injuries are part of the sport, on and off court.

And no, he may not have. Federer has been playing unreal tennis this tournament. That has nothing to do with his opponents. Did you think Nadal would've easily won at the AO too?
Did you even read the OP? I was responding to him asking Federer will have a resurgence and win multiple titles now. No shit injuries are part of sports.
I remember a time when Novak Djokovic couldn't stand to be out in the sun too long because he would overheat.

Then he became unbeatable.

Now he's no threat.

Let me know when he takes whatever drug or gets or whatever diet that makes him a threat again.
:lol What even is this post? You remember when joker didn't like being in the sun so something something he didn't destroy Federer in the finals for the past how many years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom