• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront trailer coming April 17 at 10:30am PT [Up: Teaser Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't see the big deal about what he revealed, considering EA already confirmed there would be a third-person component to it. He won't get in trouble.

mcrommert

Banned
Third person as default has always been standard for battlefront games though.

By a different developer nearly a decade ago. Battlefield games are first person...this is at its core a battlefield game. It is not an easy thing to do both...first person on all of the 3rd person star wars games like battlefront 2 and the jedi academy series were not good at all

Edit: and as others have said balance is gone if you do that...

Jobbs

Banned
can't wait to see the game, but not very excited about the event. I couldn't honestly give two shits about a reveal trailer. I want to see actual gameplay in context. Nothing else interests me.

P.S. I prefer third person. I don't care what Battlefield is. Hopefully this isn't just a reskinned Battlefield.

Boke1879

By a different developer nearly a decade ago. Battlefield games are first person...this is at its core a battlefield game. It is not an easy thing to do both...first person on all of the 3rd person star wars games like battlefront 2 and the jedi academy series were not good at all

We haven't even see the game yet to come to such conclusions. It really seems like people just expected this to be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin.

Now of course they'll take cues from Battlefield but they should have callbacks to the original as well.

Wouldn't corner creep wreck that balance?

its a star wars video game, howmuch balance does it need. its not like battlefront needs to remotely be thought of as a competitive shooter. if the game is a bit unbalanced it wouldn't be the first. id rather have a fun game than a perfectly balanced sterile shooter.

Turkoop

Banned
Dude just imagine, you're running with first person mode and see how planes crush, you hear the sound of shots & all the other space stuff
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

We do not yet know what this game is at it's core :p

its a star wars video game, howmuch balance does it need. its not like battlefront needs to remotely be thought of as a competitive shooter. if the game is a bit unbalanced it wouldn't be the first. id rather have a fun game than a perfectly balanced sterile shooter.

+1

a916

Eh, if 3rd person has a giant tactical advantage, then you're gonna have people who migrate to 3rd person over time and 1st person becomes a handicap from the get go.

That's not fun...

Lakitu

st5fu
can't wait to see the game, but not very excited about the event. I couldn't honestly give two shits about a reveal trailer. I want to see actual gameplay in context. Nothing else interests me.

P.S. I prefer third person. I don't care what Battlefield is. Hopefully this isn't just a reskinned Battlefield.

I reckon they'll do their best to cater to old fans too considering the BTS video hints at a heroes mode.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

It's EA's primary shooter this year and their competition for CoD, being horribly imbalanced would be a disaster.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

From the SW community thread

Also, looks like no trailer for those expecting one. Signs are pointing to a gameplay demo.
07YaBCg.jpg

yohan12

dajGBu4.jpg

One last thing.
Remember this from E3 2014. They arent lying when they say its in-engine. What I played had the same quality.

Dude, just spill all the beans.
There is no way they can track you down. None. Zilch.

I won't be held responsible if they do.

I've kept my expectations tethered to the idea that this game would likely be more like the modern Battlefields than the older Battlefronts.

If I am right I will love it if I am wrong I will be fucking ecstatic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
dajGBu4.jpg

One last thing.
Remember this from E3 2014. They arent lying when they say its in-engine. What I played had the same quality.

NO WAY!!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

AS=)§VIURV)§"VI)%V"§="%?OB" PFD$%&985B$%9/59N8%/7()89&7§$

It's EA's primary shooter this year and their competition for CoD, being horribly imbalanced would be a disaster.

No one is saying it will be "horribly imbalanced." And Battlefront has very little in common with CoD, which I think will help contribute to it's success.

dajGBu4.jpg

One last thing.

Fantastic! This matches up with what I've been hearing.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
No one is saying it will be "horribly imbalanced." And Battlefront has very little in common with CoD, which I think will help contribute to it's success.

I'm not saying that either, I'm just worried that it might be. I also never said BF was in any way similar to CoD, but it is EA's competition this year.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
dajGBu4.jpg

One last thing.

Knew it.

Not sure why people doubted it, its Frosbite, and current gen only.

Ad in the addition of PBR, and boom.

Lakitu

st5fu
If they can achieve those kind of graphics on large maps, with lots of shit happening, 64 players and some level of destruction all running at 60fps then I will be mildly impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom