• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15 The Show: America's Digital Pastime trailer

Loudninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w2kjPBsvPg&feature=youtu.be

We’re only eight days out…
Eight days until you can throw the high heat, wear what the pros wear, and meet your heroes — past and present — along your Road to The Show. Because on March 31st, MLB 15 The Show celebrates its 10th anniversary and launches on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.
Our fantastic team at San Diego Studios has been hard at work making sure this year’s game is The Show’s best edition yet.
Gone are the days of starting from scratch with each new edition. For a first in sports video games, Year-to-Year Saves let you to keep your Road to The Show players and franchises going from last year’s game into MLB 15 The Show and beyond.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/23/mlb-15-the-show-americas-digital-pastime/#sf8161984

Stanng243

Not a bad promo. This will be my first MLB the Show, so it should be exciting. if I have any controllers left after Bloodborne.

mtodavk

I'm going to wait and see what reviews say about online...if it's still bad, I'll just keep playing mlb 14 offline

Not a bad promo. This will be my first MLB the Show, so it should be exciting. if I have any controllers left after Bloodborne.

Me too! Though I was about to jump in last year, but the quick look made it look a little sloppy. I watched a 30 minute gamespot developer walk through, and it seems like the framerate, lighting, and transitions are much improved.

Wizman23

Banned
I would never in a million years give these devs a penny of mine for their shit servers and the fact they turn off old games after a year. Make a stand and don't buy the fucking game!!

Krakn3Dfx

Isn't Americas Digital Pastime turning off servers about a year after release?

I would never in a million years give these devs a penny of mine for their shit servers and the fact they turn off old games after a year. Make a stand and don't buy the fucking game!!

QFT, even if I was into baseball games, knowing what we know, I wouldn't buy into this shit. Shady as hell. If you're going to pull the plug a year later, just make the game peer-to-peer instead. Inexcusable.

That was so America.

ONLY ON PLAYSTATION was nice and in your face too. How well do these baseball games sell anyway? It's weird to me how Sony has an exclusive Baseball IP

TheShocker

Looking forward to this! Last year I spent almost all my time in RTTS. This year I think I will focus on franchise mode with my Royals.

sh1fty

Looking forward to Diamond Dynasty to get my "card collecting fix"... Madden Ultimate has been terrible the last few years.

That was so America.

ONLY ON PLAYSTATION was nice and in your face too. How well do these baseball games sell anyway? It's weird to me how Sony has an exclusive Baseball IP

A relic of the old exclusivity wars from 2005/2006. EA landed the exclusive NFL license, TakeTwo shot back by overpaying for a 3rd party exclusive MLB license (when EA was making what all considered to be the best baseball game on the market), and Sony kept the ability to make first party baseball games. Of course, TakeTwo doesn't even publish a baseball game anymore yet they still hold the license.

I actually bought a PS3 because of The Show '08, and I'd imagine I'll buy a PS4 for the same reason with next year's Show '16. Unable to really get into baseball sims and the Show in particular because of the huge time commitment required for it. Still wish they'd implement EA's manager mode and quick sim / interupt sim any time feature from 2005. I'd buy a PS4 & the Show tomorrow if they had that.

I don't think the games themselves sell extraordinarily well (probably the worst selling major sports game world wide), but it's a good inlet for Sony. For sports enthusiasts like me, it's a potential system seller. But I'm a little jaded on the series as they focus on some improvements to speed up play but they seem to be misguided, versus what people (myself and others) have been asking for for almost 10 years now.

DWinn7

There is no hope, The Show's online has always been and always will be absolute trash. Luckily the offline play is awesome enough to make up for it.

Yeah every year we hear the same excuses and prior to the game's launch on how "Improved online is."

Pretty ridiculous. I get caught up in the hype yearly but GAF is doing a great job of bringing me back to reality lol

Oh boy. The bigger question will be if you'll have any controllers left after The Show. Wait till you are batting 0.63 and get demoted to a situational pinch hitter in Single A. Then Bloodborne will feel like a vacation.

EnemaEms

Banned
Zero interest in this until they figure out how to make online work. I'm done giving them my money. Last years game could have been so great, but it was such a letdown with some of the worst online yet in the series.

Decided to go digital this year so I won't be grabbing an early copy.

I will live vicariously through the streamers this weekend.

I've always bought physical so I can trade in the next year but EB offered me like 5 bucks for MLB 14 so it's not even really worth it. Thinking of just going digital for this one for convenience sake

Wanted to get the anniversary edition but it's not available in Canada and it's gonna cost me $130 to ship it up from the US

newjeruse

Love the game but it's time to integrate in completely new player models. The current models are clearly showing their age and I feel like it's holding back their animation system.

Love the game but it's time to integrate in completely new player models. The current models are clearly showing their age and I feel like it's holding back their animation system.

Really? The models looked pretty good to me in 14 but I agree the animations need work

They also need to rework some of those stadiums, that one in the minor leagues with the bridge and cars behind it is completely laughable

newjeruse

Really? The models looked pretty good to me in 14 but I agree the animations need work

They also need to rework some of those stadiums, that one in the minor leagues with the bridge and cars behind it is completely laughable
The faces look good, but the models seem off. Especially for thicker players like David Ortiz and Miguel Cabrera.

The faces look good, but the models seem off. Especially for thicker players like David Ortiz and Miguel Cabrera.

Ah yeah I was mostly thinking of the faces.

Hope this entry is a step up, I enjoyed 14 but it was very obviously crossgen in many ways, the lighting system in 15 is a huge upgrade but I kind of want more.

Sounds like there's no advance review copies being provided so no one will have the game until launch day. Reviews likely won't show up until late next week or the following week.

I don't really base my purchases on review scores but I do like to read them to get a sense of what improvements are in the game.

newjeruse

The lighting gets better every year. The stadiums get better every year. The crowds get better every year. That's awesome. The only problem is that those improvements makes the old player models seem that much more dated.

Dunbar

Does GAF have any online leagues or do people just not even bother? I'd be down for a league but it seems like there isn't much interest after being burned year after year.

JEC

Neo Member
Mlb 14 is so much fun but im terrible at hitting. I use timing and im getting better at judging bad pitches but I can't get past rookie plus on dynamic difficulty. At least im pretty good at pitching :/

GravyButt

I think it usually goes up early afternoon.

Ahh alright. Hopefully I can download it before wrestlemania starts. Dumb question because ive never done this, but if you start a download how exactly do you pause it or stop it after its done in the notification area and it just shows up on your list of games (like if you hit options and information it shows its downloading?) Just figured it would screw with streaming the wwe network.

U2NUMB

LOVE LOVE LOVE that they are letting us continue our progress.. I sure hope this makes other games consider the same thing. NBA2K I am looking at you!!

Is the decimal point in the wrong place on the download status? It's taking s long time to download 4 gigs. Maybe it's actually 42 gigs, which would make more sense.

kcxiv

i ordered on amazon will be playing on what tuesday? cant wait! dodgers all day! sucks now that they are good people will talk crap cause i used them online! oh well. Play ball!

Top Bottom