• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks like it has some unique textures in the game

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
bsnALpn.jpg

Edit: Probably due to a texture streaming issue that will have a patch at launch.

Some guy has access to a review copy and was playing it. I really hope we find out he didn't put the game on his hard drive, because the load times and pop ins in this video are horrendous.

http://a.pomf.se/iegqee.mp4

Edit: So apparently he isn't using the data packs if consensus here is right. You will need to install the data packs to have a decently playable game then, so it is HIGHLY recommended.

Knew this was gonna happen the instant I saw that screen. I know this post is gonna get ignored but I might as well put it here anyway.

Here are the data packs. Maybe you can add it to the OP to avoid any confusion.

Basic Data Pack (2 GB) – Effect: Large
A data pack containing terrain data that will allow faster loading while in the city and the game’s various fields. This data pack is required for other Data Packs to work.
Enemy Data Pack (2.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
Installs enemy data to the HDD, If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it further speed up load times while out in the field.
Player Data Pack (3.6 GB) – Effect: Medium
Will install data regarding the armor and graphics of the player. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up loading in the city and when equipping changes in the shops in New Los Angeles.
Doll Data Pack (1.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
Will install data regarding the Doll mechs. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up read times when Dolls appear. You will get faster loading times while in the city and in the fields.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You couldn't find a worse video, couldn't you?

just download the packs and it will load faster.

Also, quite a lot of people here have seen the early streams and these things are really an exception.

den

That's a texture streaming issue caused by physical versions of the game. There is already a fix in the form of a couple of data packs released by Monolithsoft.

Trojita

downgrade etc. etc.

But I'm pretty sure they cannot use the data packs yet. This issue was mentioned in Dengeki review .

Aah that makes sense.

Still would have liked to have seen the game with better PQ. It reminds me of how bad the town looked like in No More Heroes compared to what you thought the system could handle.

OxzDfXC.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
That Dengeki review said that severe slowdown occurred when approaching the BLADE base didn't it? Or was that just the loading times?

Sheesh if true. With the sound cutting out it reminds me of when I try to emulate a game that I can't quite run well.

That is pretty bad. Shit pops in with low res textures a second before it's out of view while the character is just running forward.

Trojita

Wait a second......... if the data packs aren't available, why did Famitsu say the loading times were good?

Eek, I didn't see or hear a single good thing in that video.

Terrible music.
Terrible random running around in panties.
Terrible graphics.

Hopefully it's a misrepresentation of the actual game, because shit looks shitty.

You guys did see the open world gameplay in the stream yesterday an how it was running pretty well. There's also the data pack installs if you want the physical version.
Wait a second......... if the data packs aren't available, why did Famitsu say the loading times were good?
Maybe they got the digital copy? The data packs aren't necessary if you bought the digital version.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Already shown by esuteru a few hours ago

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8144590.html

Apparently more than 20 second loads when you enter a base area and severe texture streaming issues.

I'm guessing that's what the "loading packs" are for. They should probably have just bundled them all together and made them mandatory. Nobody should want to see their game like that.

Also, don't trust famitsu for anything.

Stil hyped for the game though

Chaos17

bsnALpn.jpg

Some guy has access to a review copy and was playing it. I really hope we find out he didn't put the game on his hard drive, because the load times and pop ins in this video are horrendous.

http://a.pomf.se/iegqee.mp4

That's probably why the physcial version owners will be able to download 4 textures packs (optional) to improve this kind moment where the texture isn't 100% loaded. But it's still rare and not common. (Mainly saw this in the city, the feilds area seemed fine).

But anyway, I watched the stream mainly on Hitbow and the game was smooth and had good visuals.

Terrible music.
Terrible graphics.

Hopefully it's a misrepresentation of the actual game, because shit looks shitty.

1. not all the songs are going to be everyone taste but most of them suit well the game, imo.
2. no that were not panties but the bottom part of a swimsuit set and streamers equiped it because it had high defense.
3. I don't know which stream you watched but it must had a bad quality.

Terrible music.
Terrible graphics.

well of course... it's a captured video from a stream from douyu lol

Ulysses 31

Terrible music.
Terrible graphics.

Indeed!

Pre-order cancelled!

Not

Terrible music.
Terrible graphics.

The video is likely a cut someone made of the bad footage they could find.
You can dress the characters the way you want, the dude wanted to dress up the character in panties (you could do the same in the original and you can dress them all in mega Armour not showing off an inch of skin too).

NexusCell

Top Bottom