• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knights Season Pass Content Revealed (includes Batgirl)

Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

https://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkh...0262999339534/969906649708494/?type=1&theater

11061227_969906649708494_107844308781169782_n.jpg

Damn, you beat me! I was just in the middle of typing up a post about this, but I kept stopping to every few seconds check if anyone else posted it before I finished. Hah.

Anyway, I'd like to play as Batgirl, but even more than that, I don't want to spend $40. Heh.

See if they released this info earlier maybe the backlash wouldn't be severe.

I would pay maybe 35-40 for it. Inb4 the batgirl dlc is the last piece of dlc we get.

RE_Player

$40 is still insane for a season pass but I'm glad they actually announced the content. A lot of the backlash could have been avoided if they simply released this info at the start.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well the content of the pass sounds more reasonable than what they usually offer, but as always, season passes are best when most of the content is released and they're an even larger discount over the normal price.

$40 is still insane for a season pass but I'm glad they actually announced the content. A lot of the backlash could have been avoided if they simply released this info at the start.

The price is actually quite fair considering that they're making a lot of story content to go along with it. It's not a bunch of costumes or Batmobile skins. It's something that they're going to have to spend a good chunk of time building and then recording actors for.

So 3 new story campaigns and challenge maps? Plus a new character? Seems better. $40 is still pretty steep unless those campaigns are real meaty. But I'm definitely interested.

There's such a thing as too much content. I love the first two Arkham games, but City was just too much. I platinumed Asylum twice, but only got like half the Riddler things in City and basically didn't bother with the challenges. I also never got around to playing the Harley Quinn DLC (I bought the GotY version).

Unless Knight's campaign has a lot less content than the earlier games or the stuff in the Season Pass features gameplay that's drastically different from what's in the base game, that's a pretty tough sell.

RE_Player

The price is actually quite fair considering that they're making a lot of story content to go along with it. It's not a bunch of costumes or Batmobile skins. It's something that they're going to have to spend a good chunk of time building and then recording actors for.
Character skins are also a part of it. I doubt this Batgirl prequel will be longer or bigger than that Harley Quinn dlc they put out for Arkham City.

Revven

We don't really have any idea how long the story content is from this, though. It could still only be like 4-6 hours (or even less than that) of story content which I'd argue isn't worth $40 at all, especially if the quality of the missions themselves aren't very exciting vs the base game's story which you're paying $60 for already.

While the added details of the content is nice, it's still not a clear enough picture of how much you're getting story-wise -- whether it's mission count or hours it's measured by.

Corpekata

Banned
Still not feeling like 40 bucks of content. Will probably buy the Batgirl DLC and keep an eye on the other two story DLCs but they're screaming basic sidequests to me at the moment.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

This is what I'm most excited for. Who are we getting to face? The Flash's Rogues? Superman's enemies? The fact that they say invade sounds like aliens or some type of outsider to Gotham.

Tagg9

That does sound like a substantial amount of content... I'd still need the average playtime of the DLC before determining that it's worth 2/3 the cost of the base game.

Fury451

Banned
Sounds like some good content. In theory, at least. More content than the pass originally made it sound like.

I'm interested, but I'll still wait until I beat the main game and see if I want more.

Holy shit! Batgirl looks awesome, this seems to me like its worth the cash, I don't mind paying for the deluxe edition.

Corpekata

Banned
This is what I'm most excited for. Who are we getting to face? The Flash's Rogues? Superman's enemies? The fact that they say invade sounds like aliens or some type of outsider to Gotham.

I'm betting it'll just be Batvillains that didn't make the campaign cut. Like Bane or Killer Croc.

I would love to have an honest answer to how much it cost to produce the main game and then the DLC. I realize that would never happen, but I would find the info real interesting.

We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

Not cannon? :(

^^ I took the specific mention of prequel DLC in a completely separate location to mean it'll probably be Babs.

Batgirl design is ace. Shame they didn't go with Cassandra, though.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

I hope the B:TAS Batmobile gets some love, even with the clashing artstyles. Loved the bonus TAS stuff in City.

Corpekata

Banned
well, it is a prequel, and there's absolutely no way it's steph.

Yeah, but would they bother going that far back? Barb's pretty old in the Arkham verse (hell her model looks nearly as old as Bruce) and I doubt they'd bother going back like a decade. There's other prequel content listed for the side characters so I took it to mean like before AK. Not like, before Arkham Asylum.

Top Bottom