• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knights Season Pass Content Revealed (includes Batgirl)

Ooh batgirl, color me interested. I'm easy to win over. Will buy Arkham Knight and the season pass if and when they bring Asylum and City to the Xbone. Or I could just dust off the 360.

ZeroX03

Banned
Batgirl looks fucking fantastic. Each ally seems to be getting their own side story which is really cool. They're going all out with this final entry. Doubt I'll regret the season pass.

Hope we get some of the old character skins. I want the DCAU alts back for everyone. So much fun to use in City.

PS. Cassie fans, she's gone, move on. The DLC title "A Matter of Family" means it's 99% Babs and Gordon related.

Xux

Sounds awesome. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a way to preorder the premium edition and get the Red Hood DLC.

If they made the season pass 20 bucks I would probably buy. Batgirl looks cool but I don't think that justifies 40 bucks. Its still just way to much

dcelw540

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Hm.... does this something happens to batman? If you play as his allies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nice Season Pass. So nice it solidified my resolve to wait until the GotY edition is out.

Xux

Hm.... does this something happens to batman? If you play as his allies.
Not necessarily. I don't know how to say this without sounding a little rude but they're probably not just sitting on their asses while Batman's alone in a giant city in chaos.
Didn't DC just say they had big plans for Cass in the immediate future?

Pau

Didn't DC just say they had big plans for Cass in the immediate future?
For the past few years it's alternated between saying that or writers saying editor's won't let them use her.

Honestly, I'd pay $40 to play as Cass. :(

Duress

Wait wasn't Oracle in the the first two Arkham games? So is this some new universe where's she's Oracle and Batgirl?

AdaWong

Batman
Catwoman
Robin
Nightwing
Harley Quinn
Red Hood
Batgirl

Now that's a roster.

Still, the only thing that is even slightly interesting to me is Gotham Coty Stories and the new Catwoman skins.

Ponn

Banned
Oh I don't know now. I've been buying less and less console games so something like this with monthly content would actually be up my alley. I could justify it by not getting the $100 edition of Batman and just getting the regular edition and the season pass for the $40 I would save. Or I could just go digital like I did with DA.

JTripper

Wait wasn't Oracle in the the first two Arkham games? So is this some new universe where's she's Oracle and Batgirl?

It's prequel story. We'll probably see how she becomes Oracle. Hopefully they follow Killing Joke because a Batman game as big as this without The Joker might just seem a tiny bit empty.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Batman
Catwoman
Robin
Nightwing
Harley Quinn
Red Hood
Batgirl

Now that's a roster.

Still, the only thing that is even slightly interesting to me is Gotham Coty Stories and the new Catwoman skins.

I think Harley is only in the challenge maps.

That said Warner Montreal is doing Suicide Squad so we'll presumably have her there.

Arttemis

Three packs of Story missions... I'm guessing $10 a pop, and then assorted filler 'worth' $10, but will likely be charged more individually just to justify the $40 season pass as a savings.

I'll grab the game at launch using Best Buy's GCU, then trade it in a week later to get all of my money back and wait for the GOTY edition that includes the season pass and the 'exclusive' pre-order DLC.

Deschain

Neo Member
There has never been a moment where I wasn't getting Arkham Knight day one, I just wasn't gonna get the pass. Now that I have a better idea of what the pass entails I may get it eventually when the price is lower, would be a perfect excuse to go back to the game which by the time all the content is out I'm sure I will have been done with for a bit at that point...

AdaWong

I think Harley is only in the challenge maps.

That said Warner Montreal is doing Suicide Squad so we'll presumably have her there.

She was confirmed to have a mini-story, no?

It's her trying to rescue Poison Ivy from a police department or whatever.

ZeroX03

Banned
She was confirmed to have a mini-story, no?

It's her trying to rescue Poison Ivy from a police department or whatever.

For the first time in the Arkham series take on the role of Joker’s psychotic side-kick Harley Quinn and wreak havoc inside the Blüdhaven Police Department. With this exclusive Story Pack experience events in the lead-up to Arkham Knight as you infiltrate Blüdhaven to rescue your partner in crime: Poison Ivy. Delve deep into Harley’s demented nature and utilize her devastating baseball bat to smash, crash and bash your way to a friend very much in need.

Yes!

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

I3A2HMk.gif

If I can buy these individually, then I'm in. How limited are these tracks? and do the other Batmobile have any unique functions?

Toss Barbara in the Lazarus pit to heal her back so we can get Batgirl back. Looks fucking awesome.

40$ is still ridiculous, especially since the game is going to be 70$ (plus 10$ for tax) in Canada. Paying 120$ for Arkham Knight and it's DLC is absurd considering the certainty of a budget GOTY re-release for less than half that price in the next year.
cBj1LTf.png

None of this matters, because it still doesn't dictate value. I gain no benefit by preordering, and the DLC isn't multiplayer focused so it isn't time sensitive, so best case scenario is that I keep an eye on the season pass and pick it up if by some minor miracle it's worthwhile.

Outrun

Memo to marketing:

If you are not quite ready to reveal all the details, then please do not reveal the cost...

Top Bottom