• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knights Season Pass Content Revealed (includes Batgirl)

ZeroX03

Banned
But Batgirl is laaaame. Why not Nightwing or Catwoman?

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Did you read? They are playable with story DLC.

Batman
Catwoman
Robin
Nightwing
Harley Quinn
Red Hood
Batgirl

Now that's a roster.

All with narrative missions.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's prequel story. We'll probably see how she becomes Oracle. Hopefully they follow Killing Joke because a Batman game as big as this without The Joker might just seem a tiny bit empty.

The Killing Joke would be pretty shit as a Batgirl DLC, considering she's never even suited up or doing anything. That book is all Batman/Joker, Babs is just a plot point. She's in like three pages.

1) Walk to door.
2) Press X to open door.
3) Get shot.
4) Roll credits.

FLD

That actually sounds like a reasonable amount of content. Makes the initial vagueness of the announcement all the more confusing. Any kind of pre-release mention of DLC is met with negativity these days, and they're actually charging more than season passes generally do. I'm not sure how they didn't anticipate the negative reaction, to be honest...

Still not going to pre-order DLC, though. I'll wait until some/most of it is out before getting it. Hell, I got the Arkham Origins SP for pretty cheap and even then I kinda regret it since I still haven't played Cold, Cold Heart.

AdaWong

The Killing Joke would be pretty shit as a Batgirl DLC, considering she's never even suited up or doing anything. That book is all Batman/Joker, Babs is just a plot point. She's in like three pages.

1) Walk to door.
2) Press X to open door.
3) Get shot.
4) Roll credits.

1) Purchase DLC
2) Get paralyzed

Riveting gameplay, can't wait. <3

Pau

Seriously. She's already retired from the Batgirl persona at that point anyways.

When I saw Batgirl in the title, my initially reaction was that they probably ruined her look like they did with Harley, but no! She actually looks really good. Still, like every other Arkham game, I won't get it at launch. It'll be months after.

HardRojo

Yep, now I know I'm definitely waiting for the GotY edition. There's some stuff I want to play there but I'm not paying $100.

Bizzquik

The 25% off for owning the base game is nice, I guess.

I may pre-order this yet if I find a sale on Steam gift cards.

JTripper

1) Walk to door.
2) Press X to open door.
3) Get shot.
4) Roll credits.

I'm not saying it should be the entire dlc, I'm saying a Killing Joke nod would be cool since that's pretty much what people understand to be the established canon as to how Barbara became crippled, and since we already know she was Oracle by the time Arkham Asylum happened we can also assume she's crippled by then. The DLC will be an entirely original story though, I'm sure.

To be honest, I doubt there will be any direct Joker involvement in the game, which is fine, but having prequel DLC would be a nice opportunity for at least some fan service.

Chris1

Seems decent, suppose it depends how meaty the campaigns are. Not sure if it's worth $40, so I'll wait for a sale most likely unless the campaigns have some serious meat to them.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Actually this sounds pretty good! And there's post game story stuff too. Very interesting. I will wait until this is 20-30$, because I can't see myself handing out 100$ just this fast. But I still have to read impressions and see a bit of gameplay out of these story packs.

Drayco21

Looks like Batgirl is Barbara Gordon, which means I don't care.

Would buy a Cass Cain or Stephanie Brown Batgirl DLC in a heartbeat, though.

Character skins are also a part of it. I doubt this Batgirl prequel will be longer or bigger than that Harley Quinn dlc they put out for Arkham City.

We don't really have any idea how long the story content is from this, though. It could still only be like 4-6 hours (or even less than that) of story content which I'd argue isn't worth $40 at all, especially if the quality of the missions themselves aren't very exciting vs the base game's story which you're paying $60 for already.

While the added details of the content is nice, it's still not a clear enough picture of how much you're getting story-wise -- whether it's mission count or hours it's measured by.

They're giving the Batgirl DLC top billing, which makes me think that it'll be somewhat extensive. If that's around four hours and the others are around the same time that the HQ DLC took to complete (which is two hours according to HowLongtoBeat), then that would be fair. Of course we won't know the exact time they take to complete until they're released. But this at least answers what is in the DLC. And from that you can see that the cost is really down to them making story content.

DOWN

Banned
3 little story packs (we all know the rest of the stuff is cheap as hell challenge pack and skin stuff) for $40. We now need to know if any of these add more than just 1-2hours for $40.

The way season passes have been getting discounted, before even all the content is out, this year you'd have to be dumb to pay full price.

Does Gamestop let you preload games? Seems like that's the place to buy from if you want all the preorder bonuses. The Red Robin DLC wont expire for 9.5 years so most likely only chance to get it.

Not certain it will be worth the hassle of not being able to play minute one.

Playing as Batgirl, okay that's pretty sweet. Several story missions, if they are meaty enough (Catgirl/Nightwing from Arkham City), might very well be worth buying. But I just really doubt the Season Pass will be worth $40.

About these Batmobiles, are the racetracks they are talking about just for cruising around and enjoying the looks of the vehicles, or are they actual races?

Does Gamestop let you preload games? Seems like that's the place to buy from if you want all the preorder bonuses. The Red Robin DLC wont expire for 9.5 years so most likely only chance to get it.

Yep they let you take the game home and preload it then give it back, or bring in your console and preload it.

lol no they don't . Don't believe what I said.

Corpekata

Banned

There's no way they're going to keep Red Hood DLC exclusive. It'll be an exclusive preorder and then shortly after release people will be able to purchase it, like with Alien Isolation DLC.

Definitely interested in Gotham City Stories and the Batgirl DLC, but I doubt I'll pay 40 bucks for a season pass just for two things. Hopefully I can just pick them up separately.

jett

D-Member
I bet the "story" in these DLC missions will be as exciting and involving as the Harley Quinn shit from Arkham City.

Protip: that DLC was fucking awful.

Yep they let you take the game home and preload it then give it back, or bring in your console and preload it.

lol no they don't . Don't believe what I said.

I was hoping they'd just give a code that i could plug in and get the usual countdown. Has GS never down preloading? I thought for some reason Destiny had that. Could very easily be wrong.

There's no way they're going to keep Red Hood DLC exclusive. It'll be an exclusive preorder and then shortly after release people will be able to purchase it, like with Alien Isolation DLC.

I was mostly basing the 10 years thing off this:
710x330_redhood.jpg

The fine text at the bottom.

Don't get suckered into another WB Games season pass, people. All of them have been half-assed, short, and overpriced even though they sound good on paper. Not to mention they get bundled with the inevitable GOTY edition the beginning of the following year.

At least wait until the first piece of content to see if it's actually substantial (hint: it probably isn't).

Corpekata

Banned
It likely just means the voucher for the DLC lasts that long. If you look at their promos that include the Harley Quinn DLC it has the same expiration, and it's not exclusive.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Race tracks? Like the Batmobile arcade game or the Sega CD version of Batman Returns?

I would like to see the skins in the actual game.

The idea of Batgirl is intriguing. She looks fantastic and I hope she has her own vehicle? Maybe? Please?

oti

Banned
We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass.

Hey why are you people hesitating to give us 100€ even before you know what'll you get for your money?

Top Bottom